BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-20-2015, 04:34 AM   #1
toplessriding
Rep
Drives: M3 Convertible

extended warranty and mechanical issue

#1) I have a 2010 E93 with about 29,000 miles. I keep reading about different prices and different coverages on an extended warranty. I have a separate tire and rim policy already, and I am potentially interested in an extended warranty, now that the BMW one is over. I get constant calls from some company whose name I can't now recall, but after looking them up online, I see they have a REALLY bad track record as far as following through on what they say. I have also been told by several dealers, they will NOT accept ANY third party warranty coverage. This was especially true with Manhattan BMW. I have had two tires replaced using my tire warranty out of state with no issues. Manhattan BMW would not accept anything other than cash. Kind of crazy to understand to me. What can I expect to hear as far as any extended warranty coverage costs? I was told some crazy price by the dealer where I purchased the car as a CPO. I am hearing to many things about what "might happen" and what the potential costs "can be". I am not looking to spend $4000-$5000 for a warranty. Any ideas what is reasonable?
#2) I have recently noticed a noise which appears to be coming from the right front tire area possibly. It's not a tire issue, but does seem to get louder and faster as I pick up speed. On a quiet road (which there are none in Manhattan where I live) I can clearly hear the noise as a sort of humming or rubbing from as I said what might be the tire area. Without my mentioning it a friend in the car recently asked me what it was because he heard it also. He said he thought it might be a bearing. I am NOT mechanical and not very savvy with auto repairs myself. I realize this is kind of vague, but any ideas what it might be before I bring it into a mechanic or a dealer? If it could be a bearing, any idea what the cost of replacing it might be? Thanks in advance for belong a novice!
Appreciate 0