BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

04-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #1
Sandye90m3
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

HELP! Tire Selection

Hey guys, I was on a road trip to so Cal and on the way I got a punctured tire. Now my question is, can I have PSS or any other performance brand of tires on the rear and the original PS2 on the front?

I don't think it will be a big deal since the car is rear wheel drive and the pairs have to be the same.

Also can anyone recommend me a place where I can go and buy the tires. If you recommend any other performance tires for my OEM 18" M3 E90 please post.

Thank you guys
      04-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
tibra1
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3 - 2007 335i crashd

Always good to have same tires all around..do Pilot Super Sports...great tire
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #3
ben@tirerack
M3Post Supporting Vendor
Rep
Drives: 740i

Michelin recommends against mixing the PS2 and PSS on the same vehicle. If you are keeping your front PS2, there would be nothing better than getting PS2 for the rear.

I would never mix tires unless I had no other choice for some reason.

We have the OEM PS2 and can generally get them to you in 1-2 business days. 877.522.8473 x660 if you need to get them. They could be shipped to an installation facility near wherever you happen to be.

If you are getting all 4, Michelin PSS are great, though backordered in the stock 18" rear size. Yokohama AD08 is also quite well liked if you like sticky compound and firm sidewall.