BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

03-20-2014, 07:53 PM   #23
Bx Tpr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 23 CSL

Had a '11 E90 M and now have a '13 e92 M. BOTH cars had this issue and both times the problem was solved by upgrading the tension rod bushings up front. Used the Dinan monoball unit on the e90 and now I'm using the Rogue Engineering bushing with the e92. Both great pieces and both cured my vibration problem in my case.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 02:23 PM   #24
tlrid3r
just another M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bx Tpr View Post
Had a '11 E90 M and now have a '13 e92 M. BOTH cars had this issue and both times the problem was solved by upgrading the tension rod bushings up front. Used the Dinan monoball unit on the e90 and now I'm using the Rogue Engineering bushing with the e92. Both great pieces and both cured my vibration problem in my case.
Awesome great to know. I order wheel bearing for the front and they arrived but didn't install them because I ordered tension rod monoball as well. I plan to install this first. it arrives on 24th.
///M3... Don't want more power, Just want it to turn sharper one step closer each time. -Ohlins TTX Raceline, PolePostions seats, Akrapovic EVO, ARC-8, 1/2 Cage, Seat Delete, Stoptech BBK, solid Subframe and diff bushing, spherical bearing on everything.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2014, 04:19 PM   #25
Bx Tpr
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrid3r
Quote:
Awesome great to know. I order wheel bearing for the front and they arrived but didn't install them because I ordered tension rod monoball as well. I plan to install this first. it arrives on 24th.
I hope it solves your issue. This has to be the most annoying issue for me lol
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2014, 11:41 AM   #26
jbraslins
Latvian Gangstah
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 Melbourne Red 6MT

I've heard of several E9X m3s in the area with belt tensioners going bad, causing power steering belt to slip which results in vibration in the steering wheel.
[SOLD] 2002 TiAg E46 M3 manual
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 12:48 AM   #27
tlrid3r
just another M3
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I hope it solves your issue. This has to be the most annoying issue for me lol
Yeah sure hope so. Here is a few picture of the piece from bimmerworld.

also got solid caliper guides. just a little extra. this should feel good at the track

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbraslins View Post
I've heard of several E9X m3s in the area with belt tensioners going bad, causing power steering belt to slip which results in vibration in the steering wheel.
one more thing to look at. thanks
I'll be installing and updating reports
///M3... Don't want more power, Just want it to turn sharper one step closer each time. -Ohlins TTX Raceline, PolePostions seats, Akrapovic EVO, ARC-8, 1/2 Cage, Seat Delete, Stoptech BBK, solid Subframe and diff bushing, spherical bearing on everything.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 01:08 PM   #28
tlrid3r
just another M3
United_States
Rep

ok I got to install the bushing this weekend. Here is a few shots. I decide to cut the old bushings since I wanted to do in my garage. You can either press it out or cut it, according to the instructions since its a split bushing.

Well I started with the left side because I thought that side was the issue. (the first pictures are the left side) the bushing was strong and well.

once you cut the bushing it loosens in the arm and you can knock it out with a hammer.
I started to feel the bushing was not the cure to the issue.
When I started the right side I noticed the bushing was weaker.
After I cut into it and hammered it a few times it felt apart. Showing that the bushing was damaged.

as you can see one bushing split in 2 and stay intact, the other the inner portion broke off. see last pic

the install was straight forward as the new bearing is slip fit. I used retaining compound. Installs in 15 min both side. I forgot to get installed pic.

well I can say. 95% of my vibration is gone, car feel likes new and direct. NO ADDED NHV. driving normal feels like factory. driving aggressive feels more precise on turns and braking.

hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 12:17 AM   #29
Bx Tpr
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrid3r View Post
well I can say. 95% of my vibration is gone, car feel likes new and direct. NO ADDED NHV. driving normal feels like factory. driving aggressive feels more precise on turns and braking.

hope this helps.
Congrats and thanks for the pics. I never had a camera around when I had mine installed.
Appreciate 0