BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

BPM

02-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #45
aretardedorange
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60

Can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 08:44 PM   #46
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a Tuk Tuk

I absolutely loved BF2, and this looks INSANE! I'm excited for this
      02-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #47
aretardedorange
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheStig View Post
I absolutely loved BF2, and this looks INSANE! I'm excited for this
Do you have the l33t system for it though?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 09:01 PM   #48
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a Tuk Tuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by aretardedorange View Post
Do you have the l33t system for it though?
Well I don't, one of my MLG friends does. When this comes out I'll be paying him a visit lol.

I actually liked Bad Company 2 for the consoles though...
      02-24-2011, 09:59 PM   #49
Nedim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Here are my specs. everything ok besides the video card?

Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
Model HPE-400y
Total amount of system memory 8.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 931 GB
Disk partition (C 802 GB Free (919 GB Total)
Disk partition (D 1 GB Free (12 GB Total)
Media drive (E CD/DVD

Graphics
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Display adapter type ATI Radeon HD 5450
Total available graphics memory 3571 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 512 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 3059 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.740.0.0
Primary monitor resolution 1600x900
DirectX version DirectX 10
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 10:22 PM   #50
aretardedorange
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedim View Post

Model HPE-400y

Storage

Media drive (E CD/DVD

Graphics

ya
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 11:15 PM   #51
3lusive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 MINI JCW Hardtop

Quote:

Model HPE-400y

Storage

Media drive (E CD/DVD

Graphics

Looks good, don't know exactly your cpu but if its quad core it should be fine
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2011, 11:29 PM   #52
Nedim
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lusive View Post
Looks good, don't know exactly your cpu but if its quad core it should be fine
AMD Phenom 2 x4 945
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 12:05 AM   #53
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991TTs

Quote:
AMD Phenom 2 x4 945
you'll be fine. no need to change the GPU either, it wont play the game on max settings but it should play the game pretty damn well on lower settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Yep, looks pretty cool...I like the acrobatics and stuff, plus the TF2-like classes.
i think i'm going to preorder it, hopefully itll be as good as it looks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFREAK View Post
A grand? No way. I already priced out an Aurora with my discount at 1295 bucks with a ATI 5870 and 6G of RAM. I dont need a monitor mouse or keyboard just the tower. I looked at Fry's and they were going to be 400 more for similar parts. I also looked a many custome PC builders like ibuypower cyberpower, puget, and several others and they were going to be the same price but without the security of buying from a large company with a warranty.

The XPS series are great as well for around 200-400 less than the aurora but you cant run SLI or crossfire on them.

I think you are thinking of their Area 51 or Aurora ALX which is nothing more than a fancy tower for 700 more.
when i was putting together my system i checked all the sites you mentioned, i would have paid about $1000 more with alienware and a little more or less with the other sites. for a system similar to the one you listed, you could save about $350 putting it together yourself. that includes an i7 960, ATI 5870, 6gb of ram, mobo, HD, SSD, case and windows 7. like others have said each part you buy comes with a warranty already, if you're extra paranoid, places like newegg offer their own warranty (i think they'll replace parts no questions asked).

All it takes is just 1 day of your time to do some research on which parts to order, how to put it together, and how to install the OS and all other software/drivers. any problem that may occur is almost guaranteed to have happened to someone else before, so a quick google search could easily find a solution. I know computers seem overwhelming if you're not too experienced with them, i've had my fair share of disaster stories, but i guarantee you that you'll probably will never buy a pre-built desktop again once you get the hang of it.

anyway, you got to do whats best for you.

Last edited by 1º; 02-25-2011 at 01:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 01:38 AM   #54
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I don't think there is ever a reason to preorder a game, well I guess unless it's like BF3 or Diablo III.

I certainly wouldn't preorder Brink. Sure the vids look cool, but it would be best to wait to see what gamers' reviews of it are.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #55
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

You are right I am sure and it would be cheaper to build it myself, but that requires patience, which I have zero. I hate wiring. I am sure I can do it since I can take apart and engine and put it back together. I may do it but I am not sure I would get everything I need since newegg wont answer the phone to tell me what I would need to get it going. If I can convince our IT guy to get me a copy of windows 7 64bit for free I may just build it.lol

I really want a kick ass PC and one that will have a great GPU to run my 40" Samsung at full res.

Quote:
you'll be fine. no need to change the GPU either, it wont play the game on max settings but it should play the game pretty damn well on lower settings

when i was putting together my system i checked all the sites you mentioned, i would have paid about $1000 more with alienware and a little more or less with the other sites. for a system similar to the one you listed, you could save about $350 putting it together yourself. that includes an i7 960, ATI 5870, 6gb of ram, mobo, HD, SSD, case and windows 7. like others have said each part you buy comes with a warranty already, if you're extra paranoid, places like newegg offer their own warranty (i think they'll replace parts no questions asked).

All it takes is just 1 day of your time to do some research on which parts to order, how to put it together, and how to install the OS and all other software/drivers. any problem that may occur is almost guaranteed to have happened to someone else before, so a quick google search could easily find a solution. I know computers seem overwhelming if you're not too experienced with them, i've had my fair share of disaster stories, but i guarantee you that you'll probably will never buy a pre-built desktop again once you get the hang of it.

anyway, you got to do whats best for you.
      02-25-2011, 12:13 PM   #56
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
You are right I am sure and it would be cheaper to build it myself, but that requires patience, which I have zero. I hate wiring. I am sure I can do it since I can take apart and engine and put it back together. I may do it but I am not sure I would get everything I need since newegg wont answer the phone to tell me what I would need to get it going. If I can convince our IT guy to get me a copy of windows 7 64bit for free I may just build it.lol

I really want a kick ass PC and one that will have a great GPU to run my 40" Samsung at full res.
The only real annoying bitch is cable/wire management and then BIOS settings if you OC or have finicky hardware combinations. Other than that, it goes together pretty much like legos. There are cases which cater to cable management pretty well.

Look at the proposed builds on overclock.net if you want to see what people are putting together and what the general feedback is. You should be able to discern which parts are adviseable to mix and which aren't. There's also some pretty good OC advice there, and you'll get feedback on what the best OC combos generally are. If you're a hardcore OC'er, I'd recommend xtremesystems forums.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 03:02 PM   #57
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

I wont really look to OC the system since everything I have read point to the three most important things in speed running games is the GPU, RAM, and fast Hard drive. Having the OS boot on a regular Western Digital 7200 HD and then having the games installed on a SSD. The SSD gives the most drastic difference in speed perception I guess. OC'ing an i7 920 or 960 from 3.2 to 4ghz will not do as much as having a hardcore GPU like an ATI 5970 with stock clock speed as oppossed to a single 5770 with an OC'd processor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
The only real annoying bitch is cable/wire management and then BIOS settings if you OC or have finicky hardware combinations. Other than that, it goes together pretty much like legos. There are cases which cater to cable management pretty well.

Look at the proposed builds on overclock.net if you want to see what people are putting together and what the general feedback is. You should be able to discern which parts are adviseable to mix and which aren't. There's also some pretty good OC advice there, and you'll get feedback on what the best OC combos generally are. If you're a hardcore OC'er, I'd recommend xtremesystems forums.
      02-25-2011, 03:28 PM   #58
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

You're going to boot the OS onto a HDD? You probably want it on SSD.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #59
JohnSprm69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW e92

this i will be getting i really liked BFBC2 and this one looks a lot better.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 01:53 AM   #60
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep

Quote:

I can get legit copies of Win7 64bit from my school for around $15.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 09:12 AM   #61
Captain
United_States
Rep

new gameplay footage, put the video on the first page as well, unfortunately no HD

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #62
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep

Quote:
new gameplay footage, put the video on the first page as well, unfortunately no HD

[u2b]-d4zPapOtW4[/2B]
Check my thread. 720p.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2011, 09:39 AM   #63
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Check my thread. 720p.
damn didnt even see that, youre too quick! lol