BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

Mporium BMW

07-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #1
Sandye90m3
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Need Lower & Upper Control arm

Hey Everyone! Long story short, I let my friend drive my car on the way back from downtown LA because I had drank, and he didn't. After the 50 mile drive, he attempted to take a turn a bit to quick, and the car snapped on him and he ran over a 5-6" curb which snapped both control arm and damaged my rim (no bending because steering wheel didn't shake after the incident).

I'm pretty pissed about it. I've never crashed before and I alway said, if it were to happen in my car I wanted to be the person who did it, not someone else.

That being said, I'm now looking for those two control arms for the front right wheel, if anyone has them laying around or knows of a place where I can buy them in SoCal I would appreciate it.

The dealer wants approximately $450 per piece which makes no sense because I can find the exact OEM piece online from ECS and realoem for <$200.
      07-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #2
bchang2001
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

The price of the control arms are a few hundred dollars total. Your friend could have caused alot more damage than just a few bolt on parts
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 07:18 PM   #3
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Did you get another friend yet? I would.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #4
Sandye90m3
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
Did you get another friend yet? I would.
haha, I'm not to sure what to think of him right now. Unfortunately, you always learn how good of a friend a person is to you when you are in a bad situation.
      07-06-2013, 10:29 PM   #5
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

He turned DSC off?
Good luck Op.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 11:41 PM   #6
Sandye90m3
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
He turned DSC off?
Good luck Op.
Yes he did, I should have picked that up. However I didn't see him do it, I thought I made it pretty strict that he shouldn't dare turn it off unless you are Schumacher.
      07-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #7
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandye90m3 View Post
Yes he did, I should have picked that up. However I didn't see him do it, I thought I made it pretty strict that he shouldn't dare turn it off unless you are Schumacher.
Sorry to hear that. Hope he wasn't a good friend because there's NO REASON to turn off DSC.
On the other hand, had you driven, and caused an accident or gotten a DUI, you'd gladly trade it for a couple control arms. He's still a douch-bag for turning off DSC, but you made the right choice. I don't suppose he offered to repair the car?

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0