BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

09-18-2009, 11:05 PM   #133
niterider
Proove It!
Rep
Drives: Gintani Supercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
^ Definitely the exhaust tips!

They turn me ON!
lol, dont worry urs is on its way
      09-18-2009, 11:09 PM   #134
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
Congrats on the numbers bro!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 11:19 PM   #135
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by niterider View Post
lol, dont worry urs is on its way
YIPEEEEEEEEE!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 11:23 PM   #136
niterider
Proove It!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by endofanera7 View Post
Congrats on the numbers bro!
Thanks! Let me know when ur ready for ur kit and Ill talk to Alex for u
      09-19-2009, 12:43 AM   #137
bigpuna
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Thanks guys...Heres the graph for the non believers This is on 9.5lbs on 91oct. by the way.

Nice numbers but it looks like you have some tuning issues from 2k -5k. As far as dyno numbers between dynojet and dyno dynamics you should get a dyno on a dynojet as the dyno dynamics is very operator settings dependent and the numbers can be skewed very easy. Dyno Dynamics dynos are not always 10%-20% lower then dynojets. If properly calibrated they should read a little lower but there is that If part. Dynojets can print out all the corrections made so it is easy to see how accurate the numbers are and what changes were made if any. I had a shop dyno my old Z4M on a Dyno Dynamics and because the guy entered the wrong information the car dynoed about 20hp to high. The only reason I knew this was because he told me. He later corrected the load and weather corrections settings, we ran it again and the power came down. Dynojets on the other hand dont rely on the operator as much so you see more consistant numbers from them that is most likely why you see AA, ESS and VF all use Dynojets.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 12:50 AM   #138
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks! Let me know when ur ready for ur kit and Ill talk to Alex for u
but 1st you need to give me a ride in the beast
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 12:52 AM   #139
powertrip
Scared money don't make money.
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Gintani's dyno reads 5-8% lower than a Dynojet, so it's not the lowest reading Dyno Dynamics out there.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 01:15 AM   #140
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I'm pretty sure Gintani's dyno is just as low as most other Dyno Dynamics out there especially since both my car and Niteriders car made between 315-320whp stock. So if he gained ~215whp thats pretty damn good if you ask me. And out of the many cars I've seen dyno on this machine as well as other dynojets they were no where near close in numbers. So regardless of the dyno used what is important is the gain produced.

My stock Dynos for comparison:
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 01:20 AM   #141
powertrip
Scared money don't make money.
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Yeah I'm making my guess based on my numbers on their dyno, as well as your 379 vs 398 on a Dynapack. If Gintani's dyno read really low like RPI's, your 379 would be 560ish to the crank which just isn't happening. Didn't you calculate that 379 equated to 500 crank on your car? You are correct though, the increase in power is no joke. I've come to expect this from Alex .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
I'm pretty sure Gintani's dyno is just as low as most other Dyno Dynamics out there especially since both my car and Niteriders car made between 315-320whp stock. So if he gained ~215whp thats pretty damn good if you ask me. And out of the many cars I've seen dyno on this machine as well as other dynojets they were no where near close in numbers.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 01:31 AM   #142
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrip View Post
Yeah I'm making my guess based on my numbers on their dyno, as well as your 379 vs 398 on a Dynapack. If Gintani's dyno read really low like RPI's, your 379 would be 560ish to the crank which just isn't happening. Didn't you calculate that 379 equated to 500 crank on your car?
Well I've seen M3's dyno at RPI and they were right inline with my stock numbers. Also when I made the 500 crank calculation It was using PG's calculation method. Based on the Calibrated numbers PG quoted.

Basically like this.

414 / 315 = 1.314 x 379 = 498.1

and my DP results

414 / 335 = 1.235 x 398 = 491.8
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 01:37 AM   #143
niterider
Proove It!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpuna View Post
Nice numbers but it looks like you have some tuning issues from 2k -5k. As far as dyno numbers between dynojet and dyno dynamics you should get a dyno on a dynojet as the dyno dynamics is very operator settings dependent and the numbers can be skewed very easy. Dyno Dynamics dynos are not always 10%-20% lower then dynojets. If properly calibrated they should read a little lower but there is that If part. Dynojets can print out all the corrections made so it is easy to see how accurate the numbers are and what changes were made if any. I had a shop dyno my old Z4M on a Dyno Dynamics and because the guy entered the wrong information the car dynoed about 20hp to high. The only reason I knew this was because he told me. He later corrected the load and weather corrections settings, we ran it again and the power came down. Dynojets on the other hand dont rely on the operator as much so you see more consistant numbers from them that is most likely why you see AA, ESS and VF all use Dynojets.
True they do range but unless the Dyno user is really retarded (which is def not the case here) DynoJets will always read atleast 10% higher and on average 18%, this is from several peoples experiences not just mine. I dynoed on a DynoJet after a DynoDynamics on same day conditions and the difference was about 12%. However this was on a new DynoJet with less then a year of wear. Now I just said 18% because that has shown to b the average difference when comparing these 2 dynos. This is thru many peoples experiences, magazine testing, tuners etc...

They have dynoed several M3s and many other cars, Im sure they know what they are doing. They just recently dynoed a turboed B18 (honda) that did 513whp on Gintanis DD and the next day which was about the same temp the car did 615whp on a Dyno Jet. Thats about a 19% difference.

As far as ur last comment, other companies use DynoJets mainly because they are much more affordable not because "they prefer them." The AWD DynoDynamics that Gintani has is much more expensive then a DynoJet.
      09-19-2009, 01:38 AM   #144
bigpuna
Private
Rep

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Gintani's dyno is just as low as most other Dyno Dynamics out there especially since both my car and Niteriders car made between 315-320whp stock. So if he gained ~215whp thats pretty damn good if you ask me. And out of the many cars I've seen dyno on this machine as well as other dynojets they were no where near close in numbers. So regardless of the dyno used what is important is the gain produced.
Correct but to get an accurate comparison you need to rely on the dyno operators accuracy and honesty during the two sessions With the dyno dynamics because the correction factors and load settings do not print out on the dyno sheet the only person who knows what settings were used for the different runs is the operator, the customer has to believe what he is told. It is very easy on a Dyno Dynamics to have a 10% correction difference from one run to the next. The dynojet prints out the corrections used so customers can see if the settings from one session to another were the same.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 01:39 AM   #145
niterider
Proove It!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by endofanera7 View Post
but 1st you need to give me a ride in the beast
For sure!
      09-19-2009, 01:41 AM   #146
niterider
Proove It!
Rep

[QUOTE=bigpuna;5892366]
Quote:

Correct but to get an accurate comparison you need to rely on the dyno operators accuracy and honesty during the two sessions With the dyno dynamics because the correction factors and load settings do not print out on the dyno sheet the only person who knows what settings were used for the different runs is the operator, the customer has to believe what he is told. It is very easy on a Dyno Dynamics to have a 10% correction difference from one run to the next. The dynojet prints out the corrections used so customers can see if the settings from one session to another were the same.
They use SAE correction factor, u can see it on the screen as they Dyno ur car.
      09-19-2009, 01:43 AM   #147
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

They use SAE correction factor, u can see it on the screen as they Dyno ur car.
+1 and I've never seen Alex change settings between runs and that would be hard to miss lol..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 01:50 AM   #148
niterider
Proove It!
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

+1 and I've never seen Alex change settings between runs and that would be hard to miss lol..
+1 on that too. lol Plus if this was true dnt u think he would had "sabotaged" the dyno when Jon dynoed with his G power SC kit so that it looked like it made no power and everyone would buy his kit???

Yeah not happening. Alex isnt shady like that. He would rather improve his kit to make more power before he would change some dyno numbers. And trust me as soon as people get their ESS, Vf etc kits, I will b in Mexico waiting
      09-19-2009, 02:15 AM   #149
yowhuddupb
Stuntin'.
Rep
Drives: //Mtrey/K7 GIX600

Garage List
1998 Prelude  [0.00]
2008 335i  [0.00]
damn! congrats Brian! i remember when you first bought it too! it has definitely came a long way brotha! trying to get rid of my 335 for a M now!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 02:51 AM   #150
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
You two are missing the point. BigPuna is pointing out one of the little known secrets about Dyno Dynamics dyno's: they have a secret screen that you (the user) don't see, and in this screen the dyno operator can change the correction "factor." He's not talking about changing the "SAE Correction," he's talking about a multiplier that scales the measured results (multiplies them) before printing on the screen. DD operators can change this value to anything they want -- such as 1.25. All measured results would be measured by 1.25 before displaying on the screen, and the end user would never know it.

I know of one DD dyno in SoCal that does not set this multiplier to 1.0 (unscaled results). He set it to 1.13 -- meaning the DD results are multiplied by 1.13 before displaying on the screen.
We both know that. Fact is for them to make the change between runs we would see it especially since we're looking at the screen the whole time so unless they can change these settings while dynoing the car at the same time remotely thats really not likely.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 03:08 AM   #151
bigpuna
Private
Rep

Quote:
Also for those of u who are more familiar with DynoJets. The difference between a DynoDynamics and a DynoJet from what Ive read and what Ive experienced is DynoDynamics reads about 18% lower then a dynoJet.

So just so u guys can get an idea, 534whp on a DynoDynamics is about 630whp on a DynoJet.
My comparisons of dynos were based around trying to correct your math. From my expierence with FI is not possible to produce 630 whp on 91 octane at 9.5 psi of boost on a 12.5:1 CR motor. I was simply trying to explain that the the corrections you were using based on what you were told or read were off. If the Dyno Dynamics Gintani uses is really around 15% lower then a dynojet and it is making 535 whp then you would be looking at a dynojet number on your kit of 630 whp on 91 octane at 9.5 psi. Add in the 15% loss that this car has on a dynojet and you are saying that your car is making close to 740 crank HP. I hope you understand where I was going with this.

If you are saying that the Gintani kit is making 740 HP on 91 octane and 9.5 psi then everything you have said makes total sense but it goes against science To make this math work you would need to do one of three things. 1. Raise your octane rating 2. Raise your boost 3. Lower your % difference between what Gintani made on the dyno VS what the car would make on a dynojet.

So the question for you is is this a kit that customers can buy and it will make 740 HP on 91 octane ?? If so then you have one hell of a kit on your hands
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 03:09 AM   #152
Sales@Gintani.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Melbourne Red E92 M3

Since these assumptions came up on our thread some of you might be implying that we are not being honest with our numbers...

Everyone might think that we are just a new company that came out of no where but we have been around since 2003 doing heavy research and development ...

Any dyno, any time, you pick the place, and we will be there.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 03:18 AM   #153
bigpuna
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz@Gintani.com View Post
Since these assumptions came up on our thread some of you might be implying that we are not being honest with our numbers...

Everyone might think that we are just a new company that came out of no where but we have been around since 2003 doing heavy research and development ...

Any dyno, any time, you pick the place, and we will be there.
Raz I dont think anyone is saying you are not being honest with your numbers but if the info that was posted by niterider is correct and your dyno reads 18% lower then the average dynojet then your kit makes around 740 HP on 91 octane with 9.5 psi of boost. can you confirm your kit is rated at these numbers ? If not can you tell us what it is rated at ?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 09:32 AM   #154
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
My comparisons of dynos were based around trying to correct your math. From my expierence with FI is not possible to produce 630 whp on 91 octane at 9.5 psi of boost on a 12.5:1 CR motor. I was simply trying to explain that the the corrections you were using based on what you were told or read were off. If the Dyno Dynamics Gintani uses is really around 15% lower then a dynojet and it is making 535 whp then you would be looking at a dynojet number on your kit of 630 whp on 91 octane at 9.5 psi. Add in the 15% loss that this car has on a dynojet and you are saying that your car is making close to 740 crank HP. I hope you understand where I was going with this.

If you are saying that the Gintani kit is making 740 HP on 91 octane and 9.5 psi then everything you have said makes total sense but it goes against science To make this math work you would need to do one of three things. 1. Raise your octane rating 2. Raise your boost 3. Lower your % difference between what Gintani made on the dyno VS what the car would make on a dynojet.

So the question for you is is this a kit that customers can buy and it will make 740 HP on 91 octane ?? If so then you have one hell of a kit on your hands
The ESS kit made 602whp on 93 octane at 8-9psi, DIN CF, but in your opinion does this go against science as well?
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.14s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690WHP/463WTQ
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 0