BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

View Poll Results: Answer only if you have
Yes It is worth 2k, I love it. 38 62.30%
No It isn't worth 2k / I don't care 23 37.70%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

12-19-2009, 02:22 PM   #45
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I did the sound system in my current car and I love it. It sounds amazing. Pull open the hatchback and open the doors and you can hear it from a ways away, as if there was a concert going on.
Loud does not equal good.

Quote:
Would I rip apart a $70K+ car the way I tore into my $20K car? Hell no... Do I trust someone else to? Probably not. I plan on getting the enhanced premium sound and just dealing with it. If it really doesn't sound right, I might take it to another level with a few small upgrades, however I will most certainly take my time to ensure it's done right (either by me or someone who I can trust).
Who cares how much the car costs? I've worked on everything from a Geo Metro to a brand new Gallardo and there is absolutely NO correlation to how easy a car is to work on and how much it costs.

Also, there is no such thing as an small upgrade with the EP system. Ask Technic, it's a monster pain in the ass to work on. You already know you're not going to like it so you might as well just start with the base stereo and make your life easier.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2009, 10:13 PM   #46
thetoecutter
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Logic 7 in my old 550i = pretty awesome.

Stock system in my new M3 = pretty shitty.

But I find myself getting all the way home from work without ever turning the radio on. And that's commuting. On the weekend? On nice roads? With the windows down and sunroof open? What stereo?