BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #23
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameh View Post
Am I the only one who realized that you are being sarcastic. I Donno why everybody else is attacking you. Obviously you're saying to MT guys:
F1 cars have clutchless shifting
F1 cars have shift lights.
+1, It was pretty obvious to me he was being a smart ass.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 12:55 AM   #24
luis_m3
Low Pro...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyav8tor View Post
Quote:
Am I the only one who realized that you are being sarcastic. I Donno why everybody else is attacking you. Obviously you're saying to MT guys:
1, It was pretty obvious to me he was being a smart ass.
My fault... I just wasn't sure
Oh, and BTW... I LOVE my shiftlights, i can always see them without taking my eyes from the road as mentioned before.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 07:18 AM   #25
sheepboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09'135iFREAK View Post
You obviously have never seen F1 . You might be thinking of redneck racing or some other crap. They don't have a tach at all. Unless they can get it displayed on the steering wheel some how. They use the lights on the top of the steering wheel and I am sure feel and sound. Here is a website for others out there who also have never seen F1 either.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/04/22/steering-wheels/
I am afraid you are the one who knows nothing about F1. And contrary to what some have suggested, I am not being sarcastic, I am dead serious. The picture below should put an end to this discussion!

6MT, physical clutch pedal, physical stick shift and no shift lights FTW!!!!!! Just like in Formula 1
Attached Images

Last edited by sheepboy; 12-18-2011 at 07:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 07:29 AM   #26
armyav8tor
n1smo
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepboy View Post
I am afraid you are the one who knows nothing about F1. And contrary to what some have suggested, I am not being sarcastic, I am dead serious. The picture below should put an end to this discussion!

6MT, physical clutch pedal, physical stick shift and no shift lights FTW!!!!!! Just like in Formula 1
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 08:35 AM   #27
Chris M4CS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M4CS

Quote:

I'm not sure where you got that picture, but I don't think it's an F1 car! That tach only goes to 11000 rpm and current engines rev to 18K...that tach would be useless in an F1 car!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 08:40 AM   #28
Chris M4CS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Also a simple search on F1's official site will show you that gearboxes in F1 are paddle-shifted sequential units.

Engine/Gearbox
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #29
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
sameh someone is attacking me? or did you mean sheepboy should I hire a bodyguard? do tell

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 09:13 AM   #30
ThunderMoose
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: PY E46 M3 and SG E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris'_m3 View Post
I'm not sure where you got that picture, but I don't think it's an F1 car! That tach only goes to 11000 rpm and current engines rev to 18K...that tach would be useless in an F1 car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
sameh someone is attacking me? or did you mean sheepboy should I hire a bodyguard? do tell

i think he meant sheepboy
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 09:18 AM   #31
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Fanatic View Post
In 3 days time this thread will have expanded to about 11 pages of DCT vs MT 'debates'.
Please don't say that don't even think it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
DCT is way faster so no need to argue about it
That may be then we don't get bored at all not meant to be a cheap shot just stating the facts.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 09:20 AM   #32
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMoose View Post
i think he meant sheepboy
He better or I come after him with a wet noodle then he may have to hire a body guard on the other hand he might like noodles like I do

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 09:22 AM   #33
ThunderMoose
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: PY E46 M3 and SG E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
He better or I come after him with a wet noodle then he may have to hire a body guard on the other hand he might like noodles like I do
is wet noodle a euphemism?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 09:23 AM   #34
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

just look at all them dials and numbers ... might he need a co-driver like a good pilot needs a bombardier?

I would be lost with all them dials and lights ... then I am older and go by sound and feel no need for all them dials and lights

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 09:25 AM   #35
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderMoose View Post
is wet noodle a euphemism?
Nah (it's meant as a joke) it's a saying my wife uses in stores after she bargained a price for something she purchased and does not really need she tells the salesman "You better be right or I come after you with a wet noodle"

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #36
K-M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '12 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
DCT is way faster so no need to argue about it
oh boy!!!!!! here we go.......... I thought MT was way more fun and involving........ ;-))
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 07:10 PM   #37
motortrend
Goldmember
Rep
Drives: EM Siree

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 08:53 PM   #38
sheepboy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris'_m3 View Post
Wow! I was expecting a little more from such a knowlageable crowd... To fall for a grossly altered F1 steering wheel picture and a couple of sarcastic remarks from a guy who owns a M3 with DCT (on my signature)... Disappointing.

Now, to say that shift lights are useless is just nonsense. Nearly all (if not all) racing cars and the vast majority of performance-oriented cars have them. The fact that one can keep both eyes on the road/track and use peripheral vision to know exactly when to change gears, every time, under any condition, is a no-brainer. To even suggest that one is better off "feeling the engine" or looking down at the rev counter for the redline is just silly. And I am not even talking about the 6MT vs DCT thing.

I wonder what is the next argument from the 6MT guys?
- ABS is for people who do not know how to pump the brakes.
- EDC is for people who do not know how to appreciate the mechanical feel of leaf springs.
- Airbags are for pussies afraid of a of dying in a car crash.

PS. Below is the unaltered picture of a F1 steering wheel (BMW Sauber), with the shift lights on the top and no tach.
Attached Images

Last edited by sheepboy; 12-18-2011 at 08:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2011, 09:12 PM   #39
Chris M4CS
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Well I feel terrible that I fell for your little prank, but releived too! And of course, looking at the picture some more, I really can't beleive I fell for it. But with some of the things I see people post on here, I wonder some times.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2011, 10:08 AM   #40
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

What I want to know is why did they stop with just shift lights?

I want brake lights to know when I should apply the brake, acceleration lights so I know when to hit the gas pedal, mirror lights to help remind me to check the mirror, and a turn light so I know when to put on my signal and make a turn.

I also want food lights so I don't forget to eat. And a shit light, so I don't forget to take a dump. I don't need a beer light - that's not something I need to be reminded of. But I would like a tail light to notify me of any hot piece of ass in the area.

Had a bad college roomate with a night light that came on like every few minutes. I was like "what with the light?". He said - "That's my masturbation light. It comes on to remind me to rub one out." So, I shot him.
Appreciate 0