BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

08-20-2007, 10:11 PM   #1
imported_MPower
Zoom Zoom
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Delaying my 135i... bought an R56 Cooper S

Things have been very odd for me lately but they are certainly more fun now that I have purchased a Pepper White Cooper S. Got a great deal on my trade-in, found the right car (only Premium Package as an option... and you really dont need anything more) at the right price. Simply put, this car is everything I expected it to be and more. The BMW connection is readily apparent in the car with BMW displays, BMW engines (with Getrag gearboxes), and a lot of things that exude BMW quality. The car is getting better and better and all I can say is that the 135i will have be extremely good to match this level of individuality, performance, and practicality. Should have some pictures up tomorrow.

EDIT: I got a couple of night shots up just to give you an idea...
Attached Images

08-20-2007, 11:32 PM   #2
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Congrats man!! I am thinking long and hard about doing the same thing. Except I would only get the sport package, LSD, and sport suspension. If there is a PROCEDE by December, I might just do it. Congrats once again and enjoy. They really are VERY FUN cars!!!
      08-21-2007, 06:57 AM   #3
Brookside
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i M-Sport

Congrats M...you got a great car... one that I secretly really like - gorgeous exterior and interior. Have Fun With It.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 07:12 AM   #4
ducati
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
Congrats man!! I am thinking long and hard about doing the same thing. Except I would only get the sport package, LSD, and sport suspension. If there is a PROCEDE by December, I might just do it. Congrats once again and enjoy. They really are VERY FUN cars!!!
That's exactly how I'd do it, no way would I be without the LSD if offered. Around here, you have to order them that way--the dealer never specs LSD.

I am seriously considering a MCS JCW. In the end, I'll probably go back to a RWD car since I miss it so much... But the Cooper's have a lot to recommend. PLease be sure to keep us updated on how you like the new turbo motor, and your mileage.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 11:40 AM   #5
imported_MPower
Zoom Zoom
Rep

Before I bought, I drove every spec that you could find. I, honestly, didnt feel the LSD doing much on the street. If I were more interested in really tracking this car, the LSD is a great deal, but for the street, it really didnt make much difference at all. As for the sport suspension, the only thing it changes (per the MINI website) is the sway bars. So you could easily add that on later. Again, the only thing I noticed was more roll, but not less grip. Anyway, it is a great car and for the price, you cant beat it.
      08-23-2007, 01:19 AM   #6
fishbulb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Congrats - another Miata > MCS > (future) 135i owner!

We have a pair of R53 MCSs here. That will make it a LOT easier to trade mine in for the 135i - I will still have my wife's to enjoy!

good luck with it! In my book, turbo always beats supercharger!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2007, 08:09 PM   #7
imported_MPower
Zoom Zoom
Rep

Im surprised at how many Miata owners have gone to the MCS.

Funny you should mention trade-in because on of my motivating factors is how easy it will be to get a good a trade with a 135i setup.
      08-23-2007, 09:20 PM   #8
fishbulb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPower View Post
Im surprised at how many Miata owners have gone to the MCS.

Funny you should mention trade-in because on of my motivating factors is how easy it will be to get a good a trade with a 135i setup.

It's kind of like an "adult" miata...
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2007, 11:42 AM   #9
Flugtechnik
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i

Nice ride. I test drove the turbo and the supercharged a couple weeks ago and the new turbo is noticably quicker. I guess you also have more tuning options as well. I also like your interior. I really like the two-tone even though it is leatherette. It really compliments the interior styling. It is probably the way I will go if I get one. I'm waiting for the new convertible to come out at the end of next year (probably about the same time the 1er cabrio comes out -- Tough Decisions).

ENJOY!
Appreciate 0