BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

12-21-2009, 01:12 AM   #45
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

talk about a product advertisement. you guys are banned on mbworld.org right?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2009, 01:16 AM   #46
MHP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MHP S2 C63, MHP S1 997 911 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
Not so much. More of a sample of what's possible N/A. No disprespect to the FI guys, but it is possible to make real power, you just have to know what you're doing. In all cases the factory gave us outstanding platforms to start with. Also wanted to throw the fact that these cars (MB 5.5L TTs) will be only modifiable only with a piggyback, actual tuning will not happen for years if ever due to the new ECUs.

Yes we are, I addressed this in the product/vendor forum. You can't allow a competing entity to run a supposedly objective website or it's bound to happen--we're far from the only ones. This past week they banned a dealer from selling my products; "odd" because we have more objective customer proven results than any other vendor on that site. That's all I'd like to say regarding that situation at this time.

Thanks
Andy
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2009, 07:28 AM   #47
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Eurocharged C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
+1
It's the best car ever made in the entire universe. Nothing can compare. Porsche, Audi, MB, AM, Jag, can't hold a candle to the M3. It's a wonder other cars even sell at all. If only those buyers knew better.

The M3 vs forum is now officially closed.

It's sad but, you hit the nail on the head.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2009, 07:46 AM   #48
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCAForums.com View Post
It a wonder that so many Merc, Audi & Porsche guys spend so much time over here, on the M3 forums!

They all make great cars... but it's obvious that Merc is a 'comfortable' DD (maybe)... but it's just not an 'M' competitor... they are two different philosophies...

Closest thing AMG offers to an M.. is their Black series... other than that... the AMG is far from a 'driver involving' 'M-Type' car.

AMG is still missing out on a competitive PDK/DCT type trans in the C Class cars, let alone a 6 speed.

Peace,
Dave
In regards to your first statement I can make a few comments in response. If you haven't noticed, many members who participate on this forum especially in this section have owned a M3/M-Car in the past. It's also obvious a lot of members on here are first time M3/M-Car owners. With that being said, I think everyone intentions are to contribute to the conversation in a positive way. The problem is there are a few members on here driving the current M3 whose posts/comments are equivalent to beliefs that the world is flat and man can walk on water. A good diversity of membership, especially in this section, works to try to balance out reality and fantasy.

Again everyone knows the E92/90 M3 is superior then the AMG chassis. It should be anyways considering the intensive development put into it. These brands do carry two different philosophies and I agree with you on that.

I also agree that the development of a DCT type transmission would certainly be to the advantage of AMG. However, there are well aware of that and have produced such a transmission in the SLS AMG.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2009, 08:00 AM   #49
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG_C63_AMG View Post
In regards to your first statement I can make a few comments in response. If you haven't noticed, many members who participate on this forum especially in this section have owned a M3/M-Car in the past. It's also obvious a lot of members on here are first time M3/M-Car owners. With that being said, I think everyone intentions are to contribute to the conversation in a positive way. The problem is there are a few members on here driving the current M3 whose posts/comments are equivalent to beliefs that the world is flat and man can walk on water. A good diversity of membership, especially in this section, works to try to balance out reality and fantasy.

Again everyone knows the E92/90 M3 is superior then the AMG chassis. It should be anyways considering the intensive development put into it. These brands do carry two different philosophies and I agree with you on that.

I also agree that the development of a DCT type transmission would certainly be to the advantage of AMG. However, there are well aware of that and have produced such a transmission in the SLS AMG.
I honestly don't understand the backlash from some people when the discussion doesn't solely centre around the M3, surely discussion and debate is productive on any forum as a solely M3 'holier than thou' forum would become very boring to say the least.

The very fact so many other brand car owners post here is proof that they value the M brand and still have a desire to own one again, plus they may well feel that this forum in general has a collection of like-minded enthusiasts that happen that love discussing cars............all cars.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2009, 11:57 AM   #50
SCCAForums.com
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race Cars

Quote:

Thanks Mike, and yup... that's why I mentioned 'unavailable in the C-Class'

I knew about the SLS AMG (Drove one and thought it was nice).

Maybe for 2011... Merc goes TTV8, with their AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 7, could make a sick AMG C-Class.

Just please ditch the wood grain interior too!
2008 Lexus IS-F (Sold) 12.5 @ 113 / 2008 Shelby GT500 (Sold) 11.3 @ 126
2008 e90 M3 6MT 12.8 @ 111 (Sold) / 2006 e60 M5 12.4 @ 114 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2009, 09:47 AM   #51
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
lol..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #52
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

I wonder how many guinea pigs they will find to buy their cars the first year to test the new turbo engine
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2009, 10:08 AM   #53
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2009, 10:15 AM   #54
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
I wonder how many guinea pigs they will find to buy their cars the first year to test the new turbo engine
First model year German cars is generally a bad idea anyways...... The '03 E55 with the new supercharged V8 M113 engine had a lot of problems too. Also, they tend to make small upgrades through out the years. It's not until MY2006 that they have a solid W211 E55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCAForums.com View Post
Thanks Mike, and yup... that's why I mentioned 'unavailable in the C-Class'

I knew about the SLS AMG (Drove one and thought it was nice).

Maybe for 2011... Merc goes TTV8, with their AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 7, could make a sick AMG C-Class.

Just please ditch the wood grain interior too!
IF the MCT and the TTV8 made it to the C AMG next year, Merc will have a return customer and I'm saying adios to my E92 M3 once Merc-AMG masters the technology

FYI, the carbon fiber trim is available on the C AMG as an option, just like wood trim are available as an option for the M3.
      12-27-2009, 12:57 PM   #55
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylinexpat View Post
Probably as many as BMW found for the 335 and its HPFP, and will find for the new F10 TT.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2009, 03:48 PM   #56
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Probably as many as BMW found for the 335 and its HPFP, and will find for the new F10 TT.
Mr Stickypaws you forgot the SMG II/III and DCT transmissions.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 06:21 AM   #57
alms21
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 GT-R

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
so did they say how much hp/tq the new engine will put out?? i only saw the current numbers that the C63 puts out listed. maybe i missed it in all the bickering

all of these cars are fast and capable cars, its just different strokes for different folks. i personally find the mercs don't do anything for me even though they have more power etc. that is just my op. i know some people who love them and don't like bmw's. i just think this power war thing is getting out of hand. i mean really can you really use 600 plus hp?? i have seen alot of these guys can't even drive the damn thing in a safe way and adding more power to them is just gonna make it even more scary

i find that my M3 has plenty of power to keep me happy and not to much where the thing is spinning the tires everywhere. the handling is great and is just an awesome all around car. i also love a NA car that revs. that is just me though

i also have found over the years that most merc owners don't really know much about cars or there car for that matter, i think they just buy it for the name. i would be at places and ask a guy certain questions how he liked this or that about the car and he would look at me and say i have no idea what your talking about. its very fast though, it will beat anything. i just lol and would walk away. i feel the BMW guys are more car guys for the most part. note i said not all merc owners so the ones that are not like that i wasn't reffering to you and there are plenty of bmw owners who are the same way

i just think it is getting out of hand, how much power will be enough?? 800hp, 900hp?? the owners of some of these cars can't even handle what they have now. i think there are other areas of the car that money could be spent on rather then adding huge amounts of hp/tq. i love a true manual and that is one reason that has always kept me from a merc. i also love the agility of the m3, another thing the merc doesn't have. its a great car its just not for everyone

i just don't understand why guys argue so much about there cars. i don't care when i am at a stoplight and a AMG pulls up i know i will get beat to the next light. so what i don't even bother stop light racing its not worth it or the ticket or the safety when the other guy can't drive for shit

i hope BMW doesn't follow suit and will still offer a real manual and a NA engine but it looks like that is wishful thinking at this point

sorry for the rant, just enjoy what you have who cares what brand it is or how much hp you have. happy and safe new year to everyone
Great post and I agree 100%. How much HP is enough, really? The C6Z06 that I owned was by far the fastest car I've ever owned/driven and I will honestly tell you that I never came ANYWHERE near utilizing the car's full potential (505HP). I didn't track it but I did drive it pretty aggressively on long back country roads. The car had so much more to offer from both a handling and power standpoint beyond a burst to 120-130 mph. If you honestly say that you drive any of these cars to their fullest potential and you never track the car, your are either a 1) liar or 2) idiot for driving like that on public roads.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 08:34 AM   #58
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
so did they say how much hp/tq the new engine will put out?? i only saw the current numbers that the C63 puts out listed. maybe i missed it in all the bickering

all of these cars are fast and capable cars, its just different strokes for different folks. i personally find the mercs don't do anything for me even though they have more power etc. that is just my op. i know some people who love them and don't like bmw's. i just think this power war thing is getting out of hand. i mean really can you really use 600 plus hp?? i have seen alot of these guys can't even drive the damn thing in a safe way and adding more power to them is just gonna make it even more scary

i find that my M3 has plenty of power to keep me happy and not to much where the thing is spinning the tires everywhere. the handling is great and is just an awesome all around car. i also love a NA car that revs. that is just me though

i also have found over the years that most merc owners don't really know much about cars or there car for that matter, i think they just buy it for the name. i would be at places and ask a guy certain questions how he liked this or that about the car and he would look at me and say i have no idea what your talking about. its very fast though, it will beat anything. i just lol and would walk away. i feel the BMW guys are more car guys for the most part. note i said not all merc owners so the ones that are not like that i wasn't reffering to you and there are plenty of bmw owners who are the same way

i just think it is getting out of hand, how much power will be enough?? 800hp, 900hp?? the owners of some of these cars can't even handle what they have now. i think there are other areas of the car that money could be spent on rather then adding huge amounts of hp/tq. i love a true manual and that is one reason that has always kept me from a merc. i also love the agility of the m3, another thing the merc doesn't have. its a great car its just not for everyone

i just don't understand why guys argue so much about there cars. i don't care when i am at a stoplight and a AMG pulls up i know i will get beat to the next light. so what i don't even bother stop light racing its not worth it or the ticket or the safety when the other guy can't drive for shit

i hope BMW doesn't follow suit and will still offer a real manual and a NA engine but it looks like that is wishful thinking at this point

sorry for the rant, just enjoy what you have who cares what brand it is or how much hp you have. happy and safe new year to everyone
Another terrible "one-sided" comment. Considering there is a bunch of AMG owners who are former (like myself) and even current ///M owners today, this comment I'm sorry is ridiculous. All these cars are around the same price point except for the higher level AMG's so they are constantly cross-shopped amongst the enthusiast buying crowd. I'm sure the average E550 & 550I owner isn't as knowledgeable as the owners on M3post.com or Mbworld.org. Especially in Northern NJ/NYC area I have seen many of time E60 M5's being driven by woman. Is anyone here honestly going to tell me they have any idea of the potential of the car they are behind the wheel of? The key issue you are omitting is that majority of people in the world could care less about their car. To them, it's just a status symbol to get from point A to point B regardless if on the hood is the three point star or the roundel.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 01:47 PM   #59
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

i guess you just skipped the last part of my sentence. i will copy and paste it here so you can read it. see below. i see even after stating that people will still get offended and take it the wrong way.

" note i said not all merc owners so the ones that are not like that i wasn't reffering to you and there are plenty of bmw owners who are the same way"

Quote:
Another terrible "one-sided" comment. Considering there is a bunch of AMG owners who are former (like myself) and even current ///M owners today, this comment I'm sorry is ridiculous. All these cars are around the same price point except for the higher level AMG's so they are constantly cross-shopped amongst the enthusiast buying crowd. I'm sure the average E550 & 550I owner isn't as knowledgeable as the owners on M3post.com or Mbworld.org. Especially in Northern NJ/NYC area I have seen many of time E60 M5's being driven by woman. Is anyone here honestly going to tell me they have any idea of the potential of the car they are behind the wheel of? The key issue you are omitting is that majority of people in the world could care less about their car. To them, it's just a status symbol to get from point A to point B regardless if on the hood is the three point star or the roundel.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 02:29 PM   #60
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Very true. One would have figured that by now they could have put in a proper fuel pump.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 03:50 PM   #61
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep

Quote:
i guess you just skipped the last part of my sentence. i will copy and paste it here so you can read it. see below. i see even after stating that people will still get offended and take it the wrong way.

" note i said not all merc owners so the ones that are not like that i wasn't reffering to you and there are plenty of bmw owners who are the same way"
Sure, you put a "disclaimer" at the end, but you had a point and that point was you think that MB owners are not quite the enthusiasts as are BMW owners. And that BMW owners in general are more into cars. Otherwise, you would have never said it. Simple as that. Hey, I've never heard a Porsche or Ferrari owner say that BMW or MB owners are not really enthusiasts.

The implication is simply that if you don't own a BMW, then you probably aren't really into cars. Sorry, but the intent is pretty clear.

Now, if you were to take all the millions of MBs sold throughout the world, then yes, of course there are few enthusiasts within those millions. And the same can be said of BMW and other brands. There are hundreds of thousands of owners of 7ers, 6ers, 5ers, Xers, etc., who are not "car enthusiasts" whatsoever.

But taking M and AMG owners together as a group, they are equally enthusiastic, intelligent, and well-informed about cars and motorsports.

The irony is that MB/Daimler has a much longer and bigger history of automobile building and motorsports than BMW. Remember Auto Union and the Silver Arrow era? And today's DTM and F1. (MB even bought Brawn this year, and BMW dropped out altogether.)

Both MB and BMW carry an owner stereotype, right or wrong. But both brands also have a large contingent of owners who are definitely automobile enthusiasts.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 04:03 PM   #62
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

i meant in general not amg owners etc. you def took it the wrong way

i didn't mean it as anything other then an obversation i have noticed over the years thats all. and i didn't write the last part as a disclaimer as i have friends who own AMG's and are into cars etc so i meant in general.

Quote:
Sure, you put a "disclaimer" at the end, but you had a point and that point was you think that MB owners are not quite the enthusiasts as are BMW owners. And that BMW owners in general are more into cars. Otherwise, you would have never said it. Simple as that. Hey, I've never heard a Porsche or Ferrari owner say that BMW or MB owners are not really enthusiasts.

The implication is simply that if you don't own a BMW, then you probably aren't really into cars. Sorry, but the intent is pretty clear.

Now, if you were to take all the millions of MBs sold throughout the world, then yes, of course there are few enthusiasts within those millions. And the same can be said of BMW and other brands. There are hundreds of thousands of owners of 7ers, 6ers, 5ers, Xers, etc., who are not "car enthusiasts" whatsoever.

But taking M and AMG owners together as a group, they are equally enthusiastic, intelligent, and well-informed about cars and motorsports.

The irony is that MB/Daimler has a much longer and bigger history of automobile building and motorsports than BMW. Remember Auto Union and the Silver Arrow era? And today's DTM and F1. (MB even bought Brawn this year, and BMW dropped out altogether.)

Both MB and BMW carry an owner stereotype, right or wrong. But both brands also have a large contingent of owners who are definitely automobile enthusiasts.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 04:25 PM   #63
MikeG_C63_AMG
First Lieutenant
Rep

Congrats on MHP for delivering the goods! The numbers speak for themselves.

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/c63-am...n-numbers.html
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 04:38 PM   #64
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep

Quote:
i meant in general not amg owners etc. you def took it the wrong way

i didn't mean it as anything other then an obversation i have noticed over the years thats all. and i didn't write the last part as a disclaimer as i have friends who own AMG's and are into cars etc so i meant in general.
No big deal.

But I certainly didn't take it the wrong way. I read what you wrote.
Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb
i also have found over the years that most merc owners don't really know much about cars or there car for that matter, i think they just buy it for the name. i feel the BMW guys are more car guys for the most part.
p.s., so tell me, you spoke with C Class owners (the price equivalent of 3ers)? Or E and S Class owners (the equivalent of 5er and 7er owners)? There are just as many 5er and 7er owners as there are E or S Class owners who are clueless. And, yes, of course there are a lot more 3er owners who know about their cars then C class (non AMG) owners. The base C Class is a 4-door grocery getter.

Anyway, cheers.
Appreciate 0