BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

04-09-2013, 01:28 PM   #67
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLSJ5 View Post
Hey Rich, Lmao, probably Kalon, no plans right now brother, but I really appreciate the kinda words and props. Great talking to and meeting you at the event, all of you guys were very cool, good luck at the Chicago event, I'll be watching for results.
My little nimble M roadster is fun for road course track days but 300whp just is not cutting it anymore LOL, been tossing around the idea of picking up an E92 M. Then again I could just throw an HPF turbo on the roadster and have a fun little go-kart.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #68
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
I love how people find these videos and post them up within hours from them being video'd lol
And tittle it " I found this video floating around " lmfao

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #69
BuckRodgers
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr View Post
JRCART's C BS was putting down 660whp at this event. He is running the Weistec standard 67mm pulley that makes 10.5-11psi boost. That is the standard pulley that comes with the Wesitec Stage 3 kits. He was running a standard Weistec stage 3 pump gas tune but he was running race fuel in the car at this event this weekend. His car is running all stock internals. Car is built for road course track days and weighs 4100 pounds with him sitting in the car.

JRCART's CLK Black Series is putting down 960whp, runs on DR's and skinnies up front and also weighs over 4100 pounds.
Drews car is 414 CHP stock and with 11 psi makes 750+ CHP. The BS is 510 CHP stock, with an 11 psi twin screw on that motor running race gas and an ice tank it had to be making at least 825+ CHP. If the BS was running all of the above and not making at least 700+ whp something is wrong with it or that kit is not very efficient. My guess is it was making easily over 700 whp.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #70
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckRodgers View Post
Drews car is 414 CHP stock and with 11 psi makes 750+ CHP. The BS is 510 CHP stock, with an 11 psi twin screw on that motor running race gas and an ice tank it had to be making at least 825+ CHP. If the BS was running all of the above and not making at least 700+ whp something is wrong with it or that kit is not very efficient. My guess is it was making easily over 700 whp.
I was at the dyno an hour before we loaded the car on the trailer to head to the event, number was 667 and change on a dynojet. Anyone that was at the event knows where the Weistec pit was, you could not miss it, the hood of the C was open all weekend, anyone could have walked up and seen the 67mm engraved on the pulley, measured the pulley and inspected the car. Go to the Weistec website and you will see where their Stage 3 includes a 67mm pulley and makes 10.5psi. JRCART is running a stock transmission, the trans simply can not handle more than 675whp, that is a very well know fact. They can make over 1000whp with that 3.0L blower and motor with a built trans, JRCARTS CLK is proof of that, he is make 960whp with that car and that is a detuned 960whp. Jim/JRCART, Weistec or I would have no reason to lie about the hp. Could you imagine the backlash of Weistec customers that are buying these Stage 3 Weistec kits and bolting them on if one of them run into JRCART at an event and got murdered? Weistec is promoting JRCARTS C BS as a Stage 3 car with road race cooling mods, the car even had a pump gas tune on it. Go to a MB forum and do some investigating and you will see that everything with JRCARTS car and the way it was prepped and run this weekend is consistant with other Stage 3 C63's. This was not a street race, there was no hustling or cash involved so there would be no reason to lie.

Furthermore, who cares if he really was putting down 750whp(but it was not)???? That would just make the BMW M3/S65 look even weaker than it already is by way of comparison to the AMG M156 63 motor wouldn't it? We are already sitting here comparing a stock internals/stock trans C63 with a pretty much fully built M3. If we were comparing apples to apples we should have lined up Drew's car with Jim's built motor CLK. You guys would not have like the outcome of that race. I am what you call a neuteral thrid party, I am a BMW guy, even had on an ///M cap all weekend getting crap from the Weistec crew for wearing it, but a built/blown S65 does not stand a chance in hell against a built/blown M156

Wait until JRCART gets his SLS Black Series, he is getting the first one in North America, it will be getting the full Weistec treatment and it will be putting dow 1000whp and the car only weighs 3300 pounds
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #71
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Here you guys go....this should put it into perspective. Here is what happens when you line JRCARTS fully built CLK BS vs his C BS that ran agains Drew.

Does anyone here in their right mind think there is a roadgoing BMW on the planet that can hang with that CLK?

The airplane is epic LOL

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #72
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
I was at the dyno an hour before we loaded the car on the trailer to head to the event, number was 667 and change on a dynojet. Anyone that was at the event knows where the Weistec pit was, you could not miss it, the hood of the C was open all weekend, anyone could have walked up and seen the 67mm engraved on the pulley, measured the pulley and inspected the car. Go to the Weistec website and you will see where their Stage 3 includes a 67mm pulley and makes 10.5psi. JRCART is running a stock transmission, the trans simply can not handle more than 675whp, that is a very well know fact. They can make over 1000whp with that 3.0L blower and motor with a built trans, JRCARTS CLK is proof of that, he is make 960whp with that car and that is a detuned 960whp. Jim/JRCART, Weistec or I would have no reason to lie about the hp. Could you imagine the backlash of Weistec customers that are buying these Stage 3 Weistec kits and bolting them on if one of them run into JRCART at an event and got murdered? Weistec is promoting JRCARTS C BS as a Stage 3 car with road race cooling mods, the car even had a pump gas tune on it. Go to a MB forum and do some investigating and you will see that everything with JRCARTS car and the way it was prepped and run this weekend is consistant with other Stage 3 C63's. This was not a street race, there was no hustling or cash involved so there would be no reason to lie.

Furthermore, who cares if he really was putting down 750whp(but it was not)???? That would just make the BMW M3/S65 look even weaker than it already is by way of comparison to the AMG M156 63 motor wouldn't it? We are already sitting here comparing a stock internals/stock trans C63 with a pretty much fully built M3. If we were comparing apples to apples we should have lined up Drew's car with Jim's built motor CLK. You guys would not have like the outcome of that race. I am what you call a neuteral thrid party, I am a BMW guy, even had on an ///M cap all weekend getting crap from the Weistec crew for wearing it, but a built/blown S65 does not stand a chance in hell against a built/blown M156

Wait until JRCART gets his SLS Black Series, he is getting the first one in North America, it will be getting the full Weistec treatment and it will be putting dow 1000whp and the car only weighs 3300 pounds
Rich, I'm not sure what constitutes "fully built" lol, I guess we all have our own interpretations, and that's okay, just be clear though, my car really isn't fully built IMHO. The block, crank, cams, heads, headers, TB's, DCT tranny, clutches, etc. are all stock, the only thing that is different between my car and a stock S65 motor is that I have drop in Low Compression pistons ~10.1, and the rods are upgraded to Carillo, the block is still OEM displacement, so no power adders, just LC and strength for more boost. The DCT tranny is limited on my car as well, I'm not sure how much more boost I can run if any.
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.14s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690WHP/463WTQ
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #73
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here you guys go....this should put it into perspective. Here is what happens when you line JRCARTS fully built CLK BS vs his C BS that ran agains Drew.

Does anyone here in their right mind think there is a roadgoing BMW on the planet that can hang with that CLK?

The airplane is epic LOL

No doubt it's a beast! What did he trap? The bimmerpost shootout winner I think hit 178ish, he has a Red HPF M3, 1000HP, wish they could have done a run.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #74
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual

The weistec stage 2 makes 630whp, how does the stage 3 only make 30 more?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #75
Kaane
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 550i

You are timing limited due to octane. Without E85 or Racegas very hard to make more power.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #76
NikB316
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition, F83 M4

Thanks for the specific info on JRCart's car. Maybe I was getting the two confused. 660whp does seem quite low though as some mentioned. Wouldn't have guessed it.

I'm sure you mean "road going E92 M3". There are some BMWs that will definitely hang with that CLK BS IMO. Running 9.54s and trapping 158...

Quote:

The airplane is epic LOL

2014 M5 Competition Alpine/Sakhir
BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
2011 Space Grey E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #77
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No doubt it's a beast! What did he trap? The bimmerpost shootout winner I think hit 178ish, he has a Red HPF M3, 1000HP, wish they could have done a run.
He was trapping 181-182 pretty consistantly in the CLK
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #78
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaane
You are timing limited due to octane. Without E85 or Racegas very hard to make more power.
What's the price difference between the two ?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #79
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikB316
Thanks for the specific info on JRCart's car. Maybe I was getting the two confused. 660whp does seem quite low though as some mentioned. Wouldn't have guessed it.

I'm sure you mean "road going E92 M3". There are some BMWs that will definitely hang with that CLK BS IMO. Running 9.54s and trapping 158...

Quote:

The airplane is epic LOL

Were you able to get in some
60-130 runs in ?
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #80
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Wrong, their stage two makes about 570, it makes 672 crank. Stage 3makes 770 crank.

Here is a link to Weistec's website, argue with them about their claims, I would think if it made more power they would gladly advertise it, not too many tuners out there lowballing their hp claims, but plenty of them inflating them. This is why I am sometimes embarassed to be a BMW owner, some of you guys are stubborn, mis-informed and think your cars are unbeatable...did a lot of you guys own Mustangs in you early 20's lol?

http://www.weistec.com/m156sc.html
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #81
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr
Quote:
Wrong, their stage two makes about 570, it makes 672 crank. Stage 3makes 770 crank.

Here is a link to Weistec's website, argue with them about their claims, I would think if it made more power they would gladly advertise it, not too many tuners out there lowballing their hp claims, but plenty of them inflating them. This is why I am sometimes embarassed to be a BMW owner, some of you guys are stubborn, mis-informed and think your cars are unbeatable...did a lot of you guys own Mustangs in you early 20's lol?

I personally always made claims and had dyno charts and data to back them up , unlike you I'm proud of what I own and drive , and as far as your unbeatable comment goes ... Well there's always someone faster, now back on topic, I think the power ratings are low based on what I believe that car can make with 11 psi. You stating that Weistec rates power low is exactly what has been said in this thread, thank you for agreeing. These cars are either under rated "as you stated" or they are underperforming. My guess is they are making more power than what is being advertised.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #82
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
I personally always made claims and had dyno charts and data to back them up , unlike you I'm proud of what I own and drive , and as far as your unbeatable comment goes ... Well there's always someone faster, now back on topic, I think the power ratings are low based on what I believe that car can make with 11 psi. You stating that Weistec rates power low is exactly what has been said in this thread, thank you for agreeing. These cars are either under rated "as you stated" or they are underperforming. My guess is they are making more power than what is being advertised.
Underperforming they are not. So I would assume the latter.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #83
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Where did I say they are quoting low numbers???? I posted a link toi Weistec's website for God sake. The car made 667whp the day before the event on a Dynojet dyno. If numbers were made on a Mustang dyno I would agree but I think we all know Dynojets probbaly read on the high side, right? Why are you trying to twist my comments?????

I just refered the owner of the car(Jim) to this thread, he is laughing his ass off. He said the car is sitting at Weistec and if anyone wants to go pick up the car and pay for dyno time and the car makes anything over 675whp he will sign the title over to them and fed ex it to you and the car is yours. The car will have the same 76mm pulley it had on it at the event this weekend. If the car makes 675whp or less please PayPal him $1000 for his troubles.......any takers?

As for being proud of what I drive, I am extremely proud of what I drive, I am into road racing and I constantly spank cars with WAYYYY more hp than mine on road courses, what I am not proud of is people with attitudes like yours that think just because one car beats another the car that won is cheating or making false claims.

...so many frigging experts out there

Last edited by partlowr; 04-10-2013 at 08:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 09:11 AM   #84
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

JRCART wanted me to post this as well, he actually tried registering an account here about a month ago after the No Fly Zone event and admin has yet to approve his account. If somebody can get his account validated he would be more than happy to have a civil discussion with you guys. He said the funniest thing is that over on the MB boards guys are claiming the hp numbers he is posting are inflated and over here you guys are claiming the numbers are low, he can not win LOL.

He also wanted me to ask if any of you are doing the Wannagofast 1/2 mile event in Chicago in June?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #85
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by partlowr
JRCART wanted me to post this as well, he actually tried registering an account here about a month ago after the No Fly Zone event and admin has yet to approve his account. If somebody can get his account validated he would be more than happy to have a civil discussion with you guys. He said the funniest thing is that over on the MB boards guys are claiming the hp numbers he is posting are inflated and over here you guys are claiming the numbers are low, he can not win LOL.

He also wanted me to ask if any of you are doing the Wannagofast 1/2 mile event in Chicago in June?
I'm simply saying HP per liter doesn't make sense ... That's all , I would think/expect it would put down more power.
Ask any decent tuner they will say the same.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #86
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

The ACG car, Stage 2, did make 630whp, but maybe he had additional supplemental mods that others don't. My buddies Stage 2, Josh made 608whp STD, and I saw that an SL63, I think Stage 1+, made 603, but I'm not familiar with what additional mods may do, and how Weistec lists the power, as most know the 63 can pick up a lot with headers, etc. Either way, they've made more than the advertised power, which is good and not uncommon in every platform. From the many runs I've had with friends, C63's, BS, CLK, etc. they have always needed more power just to run even with me. It's ironic that my best # is "667" too, lol. Either way I admire both setups, and we've had a nice civil discussion here.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 10:37 AM   #87
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm simply saying HP per liter doesn't make sense ... That's all , I would think/expect it would put down more power.
Ask any decent tuner they will say the same.
I do no think the big 6.2 L Benz motor revs quite as high as your S65's do, that could be part of it. What does Drew's car weigh in at? Jim C BS is a tad over 4100 pound with him in it. I really can not explain it either but his car is making 667whp. Drew met us, I am sure he will tell you we are straight shooters. We were not hustling for a money race we just wanted to run the baddest E92 on the planet to see how the two stacked up. Domestic guys have their Ford vs Chevy grudge matches and I guess us Euro guys have our AMG vs M Power rivalry. Jim is a fair guy, he already posted on another forum that he believes the race would have been closer had it been a 1/4 mile and offered Drew a rematch on a quarter mile. Drew felt his car was not running totally up to par and Jim will gladly run him again. I believe Jim is doing a private rental at Famoso in a few weeks, as soon as I get the exact dates I or Jim will let Drew know if he wants to come out and take another stab at the Benz. jim and I live in chicago so the cars will be getting shipped back here right after the 1/4 mile event so if there is going to be a rematch it will have to be in the next few weeks.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #88
partlowr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The ACG car, Stage 2, did make 630whp, but maybe he had additional supplemental mods that others don't. My buddies Stage 2, Josh made 608whp STD, and I saw that an SL63, I think Stage 1+, made 603, but I'm not familiar with what additional mods may do, and how Weistec lists the power, as most know the 63 can pick up a lot with headers, etc. Either way, they've made more than the advertised power, which is good and not uncommon in every platform. From the many runs I've had with friends, C63's, BS, CLK, etc. they have always needed more power just to run even with me. It's ironic that my best # is "667" too, lol. Either way I admire both setups, and we've had a nice civil discussion here.
Drew, have you run any other Weistec stage 3's besides Jim's? If so whose was it? I would have thought the outcome would have been the same, Jim is running the standard Weistec Stage 3 with no funny business. He is running MBH longtubes with cat delete on a pump gas tune and ran Shell URT this weekend. Car was dyno'd with that fuel as well. Maybe the cat delete is the difference on any stage 3 car you may have raced in the past???? I would have absolutely no reason to lie about the set-up.

On a funnier note, Joseph is going bonkers over there on his site, he made it so Jim can not post and is flaming Jim and I left and right LOL
Appreciate 0