BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

09-22-2014, 06:43 PM   #1
jaytotes
Rep
Drives: 328D

2010 M3 Coupe (salvage title)

EDIT: NOT PURCHASING CAR ANYMORE

I have been looking recently for an M3. And stumbled across this gem.

Silverstone Metallic on black Novillo Leather with dark carbon fiber imitation trim.
35k miles
CF Roof Panel (OEM)
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Comfort Access
Heated Seats
Navigation System,
Rear PDC (parking sensors)
19" Wheels
HD SIRIUS XM Satellite Radio with hard drive music box.

it is being sold for $32800, but I am trying to negotiate for a slightly cheaper deal.
The only catch is, this is a salvaged title car. The seller said everything runs great. All break, lamp, and emission has been inspected. The car is running and has no issues according to the seller.

I am trying to negotiate it to $25k. Just wanted some opinions on salvage title cars. And whether this car is a good buy or anything. I have a 2014 328d, and it isn't as fun of a car to drive. So I have been shopping around.

Thanks for all the help!

Last edited by jaytotes; 09-23-2014 at 09:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 07:21 PM   #2
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
We cannot comment on the price until we know why it was salvaged in the first place. And we also need see picture of the damage and the work order for the repairs. You should have all of this information before making an offer. Otherwise, stay far away.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 07:23 PM   #3
edwinm3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Here is my .02, spend more and get something with a clear title. I would never buy anything with a salvage title. Lots of things that could go wrong on these cars as they are and very pricey things when paying out of pocket to fix.

What might seem like a good buy and a good deal could turn into a nightmare and a waste of hard earned money. Good luck

Grigio Telesto M4, 6MT.
Coyote 5.0 F-150
991 GT3
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 09:59 PM   #4
ianvdubs
Daily Driver
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

From personal experience, I have had nit picky problems with an e90 salvage title, and it has not had anything ridiculously pricey out of pocket, and most everything has been common with all other m3s so take it at risk. I might have gotten lucky. See what was done to it and what was fixed. Personally, I would stay away if it had suspension damage, that is huge for me. Good luck with the buy!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 09:44 AM   #5
jaytotes
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
We cannot comment on the price until we know why it was salvaged in the first place. And we also need see picture of the damage and the work order for the repairs. You should have all of this information before making an offer. Otherwise, stay far away.
Thank you for the reply! I have taken your advice into consideration and have decided not to buy it.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #6
jaytotes
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwinm3 View Post
Here is my .02, spend more and get something with a clear title. I would never buy anything with a salvage title. Lots of things that could go wrong on these cars as they are and very pricey things when paying out of pocket to fix.

What might seem like a good buy and a good deal could turn into a nightmare and a waste of hard earned money. Good luck
Like you said, with BMW, I would rather spend a little more money and get a clean title car, it's worth it
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 09:47 AM   #7
jaytotes
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianvdubs View Post
From personal experience, I have had nit picky problems with an e90 salvage title, and it has not had anything ridiculously pricey out of pocket, and most everything has been common with all other m3s so take it at risk. I might have gotten lucky. See what was done to it and what was fixed. Personally, I would stay away if it had suspension damage, that is huge for me. Good luck with the buy!
thanks for the reply, I have decided not to purchase the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2014, 10:09 AM   #8
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Good move...I once bought a 911 from a Porsche dealer than had been completely rebuild with a new shell...it was a ball ache from day one..a year later I made them buy it back for what I paid for it.
Appreciate 0