BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

02-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #23
ideliver
Major
Rep
Drives: E60 M5, E71 X6M, E46 M3

Garage List
2006 BMW E46 M3 'vert  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2011 BMW E92  [0.00]
2012 BMW X6M  [0.00]
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
not for 1 sec...a 15 yr old hacked into a FBI-Scotland yard phone call...Jon Johansen as a teen let me make back up copies of my DVD's...

I interview students for an advanced 6 yr BS/MD program and the candidates are amazing...the premed students that I interview for medical school admission are mind blowing...

Consider this...if you take schools that have 20% or less of their students in free lunch programs (a surrogate marker for poverty)...and only compare those schools scores with the rest of the world...we rank #2...consider even further that many other countries "track" their students via testing into academic and vocational schools...as MANDATORY...the parent does't get much say in the matter...

We are just fine...

The bigger problem is "gotcha" media sensations that discourage all except the most pathologic narcacist from ever going into politics...

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #24
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q4P View Post
WRONG - it depends on the crowd u ask... there are idiots everywhere; the problem in the US is that the media makes a lot of them famous making us look bad to the rest of the world, the fact that our culture, tv and Hollywood is the most extensive and our language is universal, it certainly doesn't help. In fact;quite a few nations- Mexico included scored far below the US on this geography test. Let's remember where the most respected and famous universities in the world and the ones every wants to attend are still located.
You've got to be kidding right? You are stating Mexico as an example of a nation that scored lower than the US? I mean, how is that possible? After all, Mexico just started to be considered an industrialized country and the USA has been for over many centuries now...

Thanks Captain Obvious. Please do not repost here.

And the general argument of this debate is that YES, there are dumb people EVERYWHERE, but the ratio is greater in the USA. Please, do not say a country like Germany has a higher ratio of idiot/total population, you will look even more like a fool.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #25
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
I am not worried at all... These people are vital for the future of the country.. The idea that everyone needs to be intelligent for our country to prosper in the future is rather ignorant. We need people to do menial labor and these are the future ditch diggers, cashiers, etc.

Nothing to add.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 02:23 AM   #26
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

This is what Facebook does to Americans
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 02:30 AM   #27
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B744

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikbmr View Post
Canada= state

lmfao
canada = united states point cinq.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 02:32 AM   #28
rickysahota
UC Berkeley
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Coupe

Quote:
I am not worried at all... These people are vital for the future of the country.. The idea that everyone needs to be intelligent for our country to prosper in the future is rather ignorant. We need people to do menial labor and these are the future ditch diggers, cashiers, etc.
Could not have said it better myself, its genetically impossible for everyone to be intelligent.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 02:35 AM   #29
rickysahota
UC Berkeley
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post
You've got to be kidding right? You are stating Mexico as an example of a nation that scored lower than the US? I mean, how is that possible? After all, Mexico just started to be considered an industrialized country and the USA has been for over many centuries now...

Thanks Captain Obvious. Please do not repost here.

And the general argument of this debate is that YES, there are dumb people EVERYWHERE, but the ratio is greater in the USA. Please, do not say a country like Germany has a higher ratio of idiot/total population, you will look even more like a fool.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 05:49 AM   #30
Oregano123
Banned.....j/k
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 535xi, '11 Panamera

oh well.
      02-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #31
CamelBiscuit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 335i

Garage List
2011 E92 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
No. Got to Japan, India, Germany, the UK or even Canada, and shit like that doesn't happen.

This is a shame.
Dope........ You smoke it.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #32
CamelBiscuit
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 335i

Garage List
2011 E92 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
canada = united states point cinq.
Canada = America light
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #33
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
No. Got to Japan, India, Germany, the UK or even Canada, and shit like that doesn't happen.

This is a shame.
Trust me, it does happen. I know from experience. With Japan and Canada at least. Same with Korea. Last year, Korea was rated #1 in the whole damn world for highest education attainment prior to college. Their education level is the highest in the world, yet I see the very similar videos made by Koreans about dumb Korean kids.

Dumb kids are everywhere, not just United States. I'm not an American citizen, but there is no way that one stupid video is the way to judge America's future. Not knowing a bit of history or where the hell is capital of Washington has nothing to do with a student showing exclusive talent in art designs for example. Really, it doesn't friggin' matter. Yes, it would be better if they know, but not everyone has to know everything. As long as they dedicate and show off their full talent in what they have confidence in, future looks good. I ask one of the most smartest CS tech student in my university and he couldn't tell the difference between India and Indonesia. He thought they were samething. I laughed at the time, but not so funny when the codes he wrote for a program that night received 12 job offers in the next 2 weeks from the most famous corporations.

There are many more outstanding students out there that will put these kids into their places.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #34
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Quote:

This is a shame.
i dont know what to say ... i guess is all FED fault

no, seriously, go to Japan and discover the hikkimoris, the latex dolls, the only women bus

go to India and see what the word poor really means

go to UK and see a future arquitech, lawyer or engineer on brand new drugs every weekend mixed with alcohol

etc etc
There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #35
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

I guarantee a ton of people here would have missed some of those too and a ton of productive and unproductive adults don't know the answers any better.

Is it stupid? Yes...does it mean America is going to crap? Maybe, but not necessarily. These kinds of questions should be common knowledge, but knowing the answers to these questions ultimately doesn't make a smart person stupid or a stupid person smart.

I'm more concerned with the cycle of families living on the government, rising social welfare programs, and people just being straight up lazy. If a person can be a productive member of society, (even if it's just cleaning shit up) I don't really care if they know who is the current vice president or which war America won its independence. We all should understand that the mere knowledge of facts and historical events aren't a true measure of intelligence.

Just look at the show "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader." Most of that crap adults don't know because it's not needed in every day life and they haven't looked at it for 20 years. Should we know the basics? Yes, but it's not really necessary to know how to diagram sentences, recall the periodic table from memory, or label the different components of a flower.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #36
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh View Post
Trust me, it does happen. I know from experience. With Japan and Canada at least. Same with Korea. Last year, Korea was rated #1 in the whole damn world for highest education attainment prior to college. Their education level is the highest in the world, yet I see the very similar videos made by Koreans about dumb Korean kids.

EXACTLY, I've done my share of traveling as well and I can attest to this.

Dumb kids are everywhere, not just United States. I'm not an American citizen, but there is no way that one stupid video is the way to judge America's future. Not knowing a bit of history or where the hell is capital of Washington has nothing to do with a student showing exclusive talent in art designs for example. Really, it doesn't friggin' matter. Yes, it would be better if they know, but not everyone has to know everything. As long as they dedicate and show off their full talent in what they have confidence in, future looks good. I ask one of the most smartest CS tech student in my university and he couldn't tell the difference between India and Indonesia. He thought they were samething. I laughed at the time, but not so funny when the codes he wrote for a program that night received 12 job offers in the next 2 weeks from the most famous corporations.

There are many more outstanding students out there that will put these kids into their places.

yes and no... you have made some very valid points but at the same time an intelligent / smart person no matter what their field should know the answers to these questions. My dog would know the answers to these questions if he could speak; it's very basic / general knowledge. To me, an intelligent person is someone that has something to say or knows at the very least a little to continue a conversation about almost anything whether it be current events, arts, culture, science, technology etc etc... I have met people like you mentioned that were geniuses in a certain field but had no idea on very basic topics, to me that is sad and I can't call them an intelligent person all things considered. It's like a software engineer that I met that wore shoes without laces because he had no idea how to tie his shoes... it's sad really, he wouldn't even know how to talk to a person in normal surroundings. As I have already mentioned though; an intelligent person is not someone you just run into on the street.

02-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #37
BayMoWe335
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:

This is a shame.
LOL...

Biggest misconception ever. I'm not sure if you live in India, but with over 1b people, there are idiots in that group too. China, Japan, you name it...

Americans think foreigners are smart because the only ones that make here are the intelligent ones (in many cases, especially China and India).

I will agree that the smartest Asians are on a higher level in math and science, but there are a ton of American kids with huge ambition and equally impressive intelligence. Asians are typically less lazy and more disciplined because of their culture. It's not that they are smarter; they are just forced down a certain path by social and parental pressures.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #38
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Japan was in the medieval era not much time ago*

*Nice troll bit
There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #39
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP

are they in Denver? if so, maybe the air is a bit too thin?
      02-05-2012, 03:51 AM   #40
Bimmer84
Guardian of the Night
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M Sport Coupe

Garage List
2010 335i E92  [7.50]
At 2:40 it looks like his fingers are freakishly long...
2010 335i M Sport Coupe -- Black Sapphire Metallic|Coral Red|Loaded|JB4 Stage 3|BMS DCI|VRSF DPs|Camaross 6k AE|Performance Gloss Black Grilles|CF Performance Spoiler|CF Quad Diffuser|Double Layer Black Chrome Quad Tips|CF Roundels|Smoked Reflectors|Red Cyba Scoops|193s Painted Lamborghini Metallic Dark Gray
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 08:18 AM   #41
jpsum
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 TSX

I blame Obama.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 11:32 AM   #42
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Problem with that is that nobody is willing to do those jobs. The reason that none of your administrations will deal with your illegal immigration issue is that your economy would literally collapse without the illegals working in all the jobs that the self-entitled refuse to take on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikbmr View Post
Canada= state

lmfao

What would have been interesting would have been to see how many of the internet wizards here could have answered the questions without using Google???
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #43
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

Ask the questions on a piece of paper, and the results will change drastically. The "on-the-spot" questions with a camera can be challenging for Ph.D's.

Still doesn't change there are many complete idiots in this world, but this is meant for comedic purposes(e.g Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader?).

Also, Asian kid didn't know the answer, so he deflected the question rather than answer it so his inherent rep wouldn't be damaged lol.
      02-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #44
ianbiz
Back in a BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i Msport

america