BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

08-17-2008, 07:48 AM   #23
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

@ glorysalapao

Have a look at these threads, some did an M3 conversion before:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135684
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155602

You know, asking in an M3 forum how to replicate its looks isn't the best idea. All the bashing is uncalled for nonetheless, just do whatever rocks you.

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 07:56 AM   #24
glorysalapao
Rep
Drives: white

Um.. I mean that the price of $9300 is USD that I calculate and convert from Thai's "Baht" money to USD. (32-33 baht is equal to only 1 USD) Actually one famous modifying shop that I contact named "Pro-Drive car modifier" here are asking for 295,000 baht that they will do everything for me to look like M3 but not including carbon fiber roof. Instead they will put the kevlar on the roof to make it look just similar, thats all. In amount of 295,000 baht, its include all those exhaust things and sounds (They garantee that the sound will be exactly the same which I know that 325ci's sound is so quiet... I love everything that is in M3). "Prodrive" actually confirm me that my 325ci will look exactly like m3 for the outter appearance. I just so in love with M3 design, but I cound't efford one here as I mention before.

Anyways I am sorry for posting on the M3 lover board. I just ask because I don't know that people here in this board don't like the fake M3. My propose of this topic is just wanting to know something out of people who really have M3. dont say bad about what I want to do with my car Please... I am sorry for one more time.

Last edited by glorysalapao; 08-17-2008 at 08:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 08:12 AM   #25
southlight
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by glorysalapao View Post
(They garantee that the sound will be exactly the same which I know that 325ci's sound is so quiet... I love everything that is in M3).
Really? They say a 6 cylinder + exhaust can have the same exhaust note as a high revving V8? Impossible I'd guess.

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 08:16 AM   #26
glorysalapao
Rep

I don't know about that, but I got a friend who use honda fit (here will call honda jazz) but its sound like my another friend's Subaru Impreza. All most the same..!

and please just end up this topic, I don't want to be a freak anymore. If you come and live here in Thailand, you will understand everything. People try there best to make there car look the most high end as possible. You can't buy things cheap here. 4 times the price, please understand it. And for me, I just say sorry for many times. I just know that I am doing so much mistake to ask m3's professional guys here. I just get almost nothing but still some people give me some information.. thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 08:18 AM   #27
epbrown
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Coupe, Porsche Boxster S

Quote:
^
^
Yea right, I start the topic politely, gently and end up like this?

So, thats mean people who love the look of m3 but can't afford one are unable to do so?
Actually, yes. Different cultures feel differently about such things. This sort of thing is common in the East, and accepted, and it's why there are tons of copies and knock-offs made there.

In the West, it's frowned upon to do this sort of thing; it's seen as dishonest, and some people find it offensive. And those people are as welcome to express their views as you are to mutilate your car.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 08:26 AM   #28
southlight
Rep

Quote:
I don't know about that, but I got a friend who use honda fit (here will call honda jazz) but its sound like my another friend's Subaru Impreza. All most the same..!

and please just end up this topic, I don't want to be a freak anymore. If you come and live here in Thailand, you will understand everything. People try there best to make there car look the most high end as possible. You can't buy things cheap here. 4 times the price, please understand it. And for me, I just say sorry for many times. I just know that I am doing so much mistake to ask m3's professional guys here. I just get almost nothing but still some people give me some information.. thanks
Was just trying to help. You didn't care about the links I posted, did you?

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 08:30 AM   #29
glorysalapao
Rep

"I just get almost nothing but still some people give me some information.. thanks" << anyway thanks Mr. southlight
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 08:35 AM   #30
southlight
Rep

Quote:
"I just get almost nothing but still some people give me some information.. thanks" << anyway thanks Mr. southlight
Oops, didn't read that.

Just checked the prices in Thailand. € 94,000 for a 325i!

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 08:42 AM   #31
glorysalapao
Rep

Yea, thats why i feel so sad about this. Actually the amount I pay for my car could probably buy one M3 in USA. But here people keep saying that I am a really bad one who is a poser... But no one say that it would be fair for me if I change it to be M3.. for my idea, I think it will be more than fair for me to feel the m3 out of 325ci because I didn't pay it cheap. thanks for mr Southlight support. I am so impress for the information you search to support my idea.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 08:57 AM   #32
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
sell 325 and buy m3
      08-17-2008, 09:27 AM   #33
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
+1 yeah

with all that work and expense to chnge those body panels to look like an /M. you would still look funny and odd.

get an e30 or e36 /M3 if the e46 is beyond your reach. Any older M3 gets better appreciation than a Imposter M3
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 11:35 AM   #34
gearhead
Rep
Drives: "Transportation"

Hello, I just went to BMW's Thai website and found the following:

In Thailand,
- A new 325i costs 4.65MM Thai Baht = $136,423 US
- A new M3 costs $10.3MM THB = $302,156 US

Furthermore, the OP stated that is more accepted / common in Thailand (vs. the US) to modify the exterior of one's ride.

Finally, it's not like he's being uncool or anything! And it's not like he's putting M3 badges on a Civic anyway.

I just thought that the M3 price was astonishing... I wonder if there are any other taxes that they tack on to that number..?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 12:16 PM   #35
glorysalapao
Rep

Let's talk about Thailand... (1 USD = 32 Thai Baht............. and the import cars tax makethe price go up to 3.85 times the original price) Do you know that BMW is quite a high class here in Thailand? We couldn't just simply decide to buy series 5 or series 7 here. The normal 320i sedan here is costing 3,000,000+ baht. The series 7 is costing from 8,000,000 baht to 17,000,000 baht. All what I wanna say is that I really support the idea of Mr.gearhead. I didn't put M3 badges on a Civic car grade level....I will actually can efford one second hand ferrari 430 in USA with the same price of what I buy 325ci here in Thailand...............

To those guys who actually quite look down on me... if you come and live here, with the same money you guys pay for M3, you can just buy one New Honda accord 2.4 lol
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 12:29 PM   #36
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Um.. I mean that the price of $9300 is USD that I calculate and convert from Thai's "Baht" money to USD. (32-33 baht is equal to only 1 USD) Actually one famous modifying shop that I contact named "Pro-Drive car modifier" here are asking for 295,000 baht that they will do everything for me to look like M3 but not including carbon fiber roof. Instead they will put the kevlar on the roof to make it look just similar, thats all. In amount of 295,000 baht, its include all those exhaust things and sounds (They garantee that the sound will be exactly the same which I know that 325ci's sound is so quiet... I love everything that is in M3). "Prodrive" actually confirm me that my 325ci will look exactly like m3 for the outter appearance. I just so in love with M3 design, but I cound't efford one here as I mention before.
Something still just doesn't add up though. I still don't see how you car can look exactly like an M3 for that price. As you said above:

"And again, the reason I post thi topic is that I want to be sure my 325 will look 100% like m3 on the street!!"

Well, for $9300, I doubt very much that it will. I don't think you could do that even in the US, where things are much cheaper.

Plus, as someone has just posted above, the real M3 would cost you over $300k new. If you have to pay $300k for the entire car, then how can all of the exterior parts cost only $9300, or only about 3% of the car itself? That sounds all wrong. Maybe you will have a car with an M3-like appearance for $9300, but not something that looks 100% like an M3.

Quote:
Anyways I am sorry for posting on the M3 lover board. I just ask because I don't know that people here in this board don't like the fake M3. My propose of this topic is just wanting to know something out of people who really have M3. dont say bad about what I want to do with my car Please... I am sorry for one more time.
Personally I don't care a bit if you want a fake M3. If that's what you want, then more power to you. I am buying an M3 for the chassis and the engine and the performance, not because of its exclusiveness. In fact, for $150k I would have put the money into the M3 engine, suspension, diff, etc., then find a salvage E90 and build your own car. Probably cost you less than the $150k, and you will have something that probably looks as much like an M3 as your 325i will when its finished, but instead of performing like a lowly 325i, it will actually be a beast too.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 12:41 PM   #37
glorysalapao
Rep

This is the pictre from Prodrive shop

This is not M3?? No, it is not m3!! This is 325ci covert to m3!

This is what out of that $9300 = 290,000 baht (Prodrive shop Thailand) Fake M3

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 12:47 PM   #38
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

^^^ Ok well I wonder where they are getting the stolen parts then? j/k

But, I assume you've seen this car in person? If it really is a 325i->M3 then it is great work. I am still skeptical.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 12:57 PM   #39
glorysalapao
Rep

yes... let's see this all what is out of $9300 including paint the color too..

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 01:04 PM   #40
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Okay.

So, help me out here... if you have all these details and pics, then why did you even need to ask us your original question? The picture you posted can be easily compared to M3 pics, and you can make the call for yourself.

Are those 100% OEM parts, or replicas? Not that it matters, but I am curious.

Also, if they can do this so cheap, then how much can they swap your motor for? Like I said above, I would be much more interested in the performance than the looks, myself. I think most people would be. Why not have them do performance mods too? Or do they just do body work?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 01:08 PM   #41
glorysalapao
Rep

I ask because in Thailand, I never see real M3 before. Even I see the picture, it counldn't tell anything... any spec... and height, length curve all those things... everything is not answer by the picture.. That I come here to ask people who actually use the M3 to tell me do 325ci is exactly look the same after this big modification... that's all I want.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 01:08 PM   #42
smmmurf
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT 353k+ miles

Wow, that is an impressive conversion. It's very convincing. Personally, I wouldn't do it, but that's just me. I'd leave the M3 badge off for sure. Do they also make the rear fenders wider? It looks like they do in the pictures. Enjoy the "new" car.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 01:12 PM   #43
mkoesel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I ask because in Thailand, I never see real M3 before. Even I see the picture, it counldn't tell anything... any spec... and high... everything is not answer by the picture.. That I come here to ask people who actually use the M3 to tell me do 325ci is exactly look the same as m3 after this modifying... that's all I want.
Ok well the answer would have came a lot sooner if you'd started off with those pics. Because that looks nearly 100%. The wheels are not OEM (which I am sure you know) and frankly look bad due to the wrong offset. But that is an easy fix. There's also no muffler showing either (as far as I can tell) but that could be looked at as a plus. I don't think M exhaust tips have Ms on them either but again, who cares. Brakes are different too, but I'm sure you know that too.

I am still curious about performance mods though. Why no performance mods? Maybe not a full M3 conversion but at least an N54 and some coil overs.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2008, 01:14 PM   #44
glorysalapao
Rep

Thank you krub!! ("Krub" is the ending word for thai giving respect!!)

For more information ** All picture are from the same car.... (red plate is a symbol of new car... after two monthes in red plate the car will change perminantly to white plate)
Appreciate 0