BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-11-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
DuaneTh
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 2008 E92

Misfires and DSC error

Following my previous thread on misfires on all 8 Cylinders I have the following updates and codes. E92 MY08 6MT - no mods 36,000klm (not sure on the miles)

Symptoms: Engine warning light coming on during warm up, slightly rough idle and knock in the engine. Something the DSC Error, no traction control, and no hill start, no tyre pressure monitor would come on and stay for a while before clearing itself (happened about 2 - 3 times and now pretty much DSC is off all the time)

CODES
Multiple Errors 2B4E to 2B4x (2-8) DME: Misfire impairing exhaust emission cyl(x) (2-8).

Replaced coils and plugs so hopefully this will resolve the knocking and misfire codes. Coils on Cyl 1 was buggered and all plugs very black. (I always use E98 petrol). previous owner had driven the car short distances and it is low milage so could be partially from that. All replaced yesterday.

5DF1 DSC Hydraulic Unit: Pump motor connector faulty, Hydraulic Unit: Pump motor connector faulty
5DF0 DSC Hydraulic Unit: Pump motor

Mechanic saying the DSC unit needs replacing. Need to get one from Germany to Australia.

Strange that both issues happened at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2013, 11:32 PM   #2
DuaneTh
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 2008 E92

Anyone know the part# for the DSC module? I am in Houston, TX from the 22nd so perhaps I could pick one up over there and bring it back with me?
Appreciate 0