BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

09-28-2017, 01:15 PM   #1
bluelair
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93

Finding Fuse for Windshield Washer ('11 M3 Cabrio E93)

OK, this was really confounding. My washer stopped working (not clogged, don't hear pump turning on.)

I went into the fuse case and I have the same little plastic card in there many others have, and it says the washer is fuse #48, 30A. So I go in there and fuse 48 is NOT THERE. The socket is there.

So I looked around the bottom of the case in the extremely unlikely case that it fell out. Nothing. So I put a fresh 30a fuse into socket 48, still nothing.

Now it's possible that the washer pump is bad, I suppose, but the fuse falling out on its own, disappearing and the pump going bad in the same 2 hour period seems very unlikely.

Is it possible my fusebox on this vehicle is mapped differently? If so, does anyone know what socket I should be looking at before I start pulling them all out one by one? I checked 47 and 49 already.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 07:57 AM   #2
SEMOM3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 e92 M3 SG

I'll try to look at mine this weekend if no one else provides any feedback sooner. Just as a thought though, 30A seems extremely high for a washer circuit. I would think you may be working on the wrong circuit.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 09:58 AM   #3
Theodore
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelair View Post
OK, this was really confounding. My washer stopped working (not clogged, don't hear pump turning on.)

I went into the fuse case and I have the same little plastic card in there many others have, and it says the washer is fuse #48, 30A. So I go in there and fuse 48 is NOT THERE. The socket is there.

So I looked around the bottom of the case in the extremely unlikely case that it fell out. Nothing. So I put a fresh 30a fuse into socket 48, still nothing.

Now it's possible that the washer pump is bad, I suppose, but the fuse falling out on its own, disappearing and the pump going bad in the same 2 hour period seems very unlikely.

Is it possible my fusebox on this vehicle is mapped differently? If so, does anyone know what socket I should be looking at before I start pulling them all out one by one? I checked 47 and 49 already.
It's a typo by BMW. The windshield washer pump uses #79, a 30A fuse. My car has the same typo, just like yours, the image on the fuse card identifies #48 as the space for the washer pump fuse, but it is also empty. I did some trial and error checking and confirmed that when I remove the #79 slot fuse the washer pump stops working. I drive a 2011.5. There are minor differences in the fuse boxes for some years, but they are largely the same. You should find your car's VIN # on the back side of the fuse identification card to confirm that your car has its original card. Here is a link to a couple of E9X M3 fuse identification cards in case someone doesn't have theirs.
E9X M3 "Factory" Tools Can Be Found Here
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2017, 01:47 PM   #4
bluelair
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore View Post
It's a typo by BMW. The windshield washer pump uses #79, a 30A fuse. My car has the same typo, just like yours, the image on the fuse card identifies #48 as the space for the washer pump fuse, but it is also empty. I did some trial and error checking and confirmed that when I remove the #79 slot fuse the washer pump stops working. I drive a 2011.5. There are minor differences in the fuse boxes for some years, but they are largely the same. You should find your car's VIN # on the back side of the fuse identification card to confirm that your car has its original card. Here is a link to a couple of E9X M3 fuse identification cards in case someone doesn't have theirs.
Appreciate 0