BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

06-08-2010, 06:44 AM   #199
Dannys M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F Type R

Garage List
2008 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by namotorsports View Post
The LUX H8s are available for purchase again.
I would like to know since these are on sale again are they new power supplies or are they band aid fixed with a fuse and still mounted outside the housing?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2010, 11:09 AM   #200
mds82
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92M3Guy View Post
What is the point of selling them if you can't help the customers if they come up with issues? Are we just suppose to automatically contact the person who made them? I think the point of the creator to have you resell them and make a profit is so he doesn't have to deal with the customers and you do since you took the MONEY...with that answer you gave, wow..no point buying from you guys when you don't know what the heck is going on. Way to go
For the photo's, Trust me i would post photo's if i had the ability to take them. i personally dont have a coupe, nor do i know anyone around me that does have one, so i dont have the ability to take them. I am working on finding someone however that does have a coupe so i can get photo's for you.

It doesnt really matter where the power supply goes, as long as it does sit outside the headlight.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2010, 12:00 PM   #201
Silverstone
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E93 M DCT SILVERSTONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredVMI View Post
The added component is a fuse. If your LUX H8's are still under warranty, you should request an RMA from NAM and have them modified.
They should be under warranty...whats the warranty on them anyways ? i forgot...
      06-08-2010, 01:12 PM   #202
mds82
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstone View Post
They should be under warranty...whats the warranty on them anyways ? i forgot...
the warranty is 1 year from purchase
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2010, 01:31 PM   #203
namotorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredVMI View Post
This response is not satisfactory.

The installation instructions were inadequate (a gross understatement) before the recall, and they're doubly so after. Many of your buyers and prospective buyers have complained about this issue from Day 1, yet it remains unresolved. Brushing-off the issue as being the responsibility of MDS82 is not a proper course of action. We buy from you, not MDS82. If you're not willing or able to write proper installation instructions yourself, then you should make it a requirement of your vendor (MDS82) to do so.

Frankly, I was so irritated with the extremely poor installation instructions that were provided (pre-recall) that I actually started writing a better document myself to post on this forum. The recall that occurred within weeks of my purchase changed my priorities.

The only edit that was made to the installation instructions post-recall was insertion of a one-liner to locate components outside the headlamp assembly. That's a very lame edit to address an issue of high emphasis. A proper set of instructions should be visual in nature. Lots of photos with 'pointers' in addition to very detailed text. Providing detailed procedures for the obvious elements of an installation (removing covers, mating polarized connectors, etc) and yet NOT providing detailed procedures for the not so obvious elements truly makes no sense. Enough said. I'm sure you get the idea.

In summary, YOU (with or without the help of MDS82) need to address the installation instructions issue that has been well-documented on this forum!

As a side note, the return and full refund on my recalled LUX H8's was processed quickly and professionally. Very good service on this element of the purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92M3Guy View Post
What is the point of selling them if you can't help the customers if they come up with issues? Are we just suppose to automatically contact the person who made them? I think the point of the creator to have you resell them and make a profit is so he doesn't have to deal with the customers and you do since you took the MONEY...with that answer you gave, wow..no point buying from you guys when you don't know what the heck is going on. Way to go
We do our best to provide all the technical assistance we can. And when an issue goes beyond our knowledge, we put you in contact with the manufacturer. Nobody that works here owns or has worked on an E9x vehicle. Because of that, we don't have any first hand experience to offer. Also, we are unable to take any pictures of the installation process. As Marc has mentioned, once he is able to track down a vehicle he can use, new pictures will be added to the installation instructions.
Appreciate 0