BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-13-2009, 06:56 PM   #1
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
Calibre K40 discovered to be already installed !

I have recently purchased a used 08 E92 M3 and discovered that there was a calibre K40 remote control sitting in my glove box.
After turning it on, the vocal notification sounded.
Discovering this was great, but the dealership had removed the sensor on the front license plate and cut the wire.

Does anyone know where I can get this front plate sensor installed or purchased?

The rear license doesn't seem to have any components installed. It seems the calibre K40 seems to be a single sensor
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 12:01 PM   #2
Ben335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 Finally here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
I have recently purchased a used 08 E92 M3 and discovered that there was a calibre K40 remote control sitting in my glove box.
After turning it on, the vocal notification sounded.
Discovering this was great, but the dealership had removed the sensor on the front license plate and cut the wire.

Does anyone know where I can get this front plate sensor installed or purchased?

The rear license doesn't seem to have any components installed. It seems the calibre K40 seems to be a single sensor

I don't know much about the Calibre, but from visiting the site they have 2 different models, one with 1 sensor and another one with 2 sensors.
      12-14-2009, 12:03 PM   #3
Blade929
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325Ci - E90 ///M - 330 - X5D

Hey man

Pretty sweet. Looks like you can get the parts right from their site. http://www.k40.com/part_main.html and I would contact Chris and Alvero if you don't mind driving to Gaithersburg.

This is Chris's email

cynicalwry@gmail.com

http://performancetechnik.com/
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 10:20 AM   #4
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade929 View Post
Hey man

Pretty sweet. Looks like you can get the parts right from their site. http://www.k40.com/part_main.html and I would contact Chris and Alvero if you don't mind driving to Gaithersburg.

This is Chris's email

cynicalwry@gmail.com

http://performancetechnik.com/
I may drive up there during the weekend; it' strange, the radar detector still works without that front plate sensor.
I've been able to pick up K band and X band pretty often; I think the front license plate sensors are for blocking laser detectors.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 11:55 AM   #5
Blade929
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325Ci - E90 ///M - 330 - X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
I may drive up there during the weekend; it' strange, the radar detector still works without that front plate sensor.
I've been able to pick up K band and X band pretty often; I think the front license plate sensors are for blocking laser detectors.
Make sure you hit them up they are almost always by appointment.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 12:11 PM   #6
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
good find.. post any information you find after
... for those of us on the fence getting this thing
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 09:30 AM   #7
Day Laborer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
So far, the radar detector had spotted one police car actively scanning on radar. It has picked up on motion detectors around the city while it they detector was set on hwy mode.
Unlike other detectors, this system does not have an indicator that measures how strong the strength of the radar is.
It only has led's and voice/tone notification; unfortunately my car did not have the led lights installed.
I'm in the process of purchasing the front laser detector/jammer in the next few months; I will have it tested after installation.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2010, 02:29 PM   #8
E90PWR
siiiiickkkkk
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow & Old

buy something