BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

10-27-2010, 05:45 PM   #1
Dodge2Dub
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3; Ducati

Dinan Software with ??

Can the Dinan Racing Middle Exhaust Software be used with the Turner Test Pipes successfully? If so, what are you impressions? Has anybody performed a dyno run to see how this set-up compares to the Turner Test Pipe / Turner Stage 2 software combo (40HP/32TQ)?

Also, how does the system sound, either Dinan/Turner or Turner/Turner, with the stock catback? Is it comparable to any aftermarket catback systems?

If this question has already been answered, please direct me to the thread.
      10-27-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge2Dub View Post
Can the Dinan Racing Middle Exhaust Software be used with the Turner Test Pipes successfully? If so, what are you impressions? Has anybody performed a dyno run to see how this set-up compares to the Turner Test Pipe / Turner Stage 2 software combo (40HP/32TQ)?

Also, how does the system sound, either Dinan/Turner or Turner/Turner, with the stock catback? Is it comparable to any aftermarket catback systems?

If this question has already been answered, please direct me to the thread.
The Dinan Racing Middle Exhaust Software can be used to prevent a CEL with any exhaust that deletes the primary cats (I use it with my Akrapovic Evolution). As for the HP Gain, Dinan is probably the most conservative company out there as far as tunes go so you may or may not see 40HP/32TQ that Turner claims. As far as I know no one has posted an independent dyno of Turner's Test pipes and stage II software to confirm their gains anyway, is their claim even accurate???? Who knows!!!!

One thing is for sure, a lot of the power (probably 1/2 of the total gain) that Turner makes is by taking the cats out so no matter which software you use with them you are gonna make more power. Expect maybe a good solid 25-30 crank horsepower by doing the Test Pipes and Dinan software..... maybe more.
      10-27-2010, 09:42 PM   #3
Dodge2Dub
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3; Ducati

Thanks for the reply. I want the higher power output, but not necessarily up for dealing with dealers and vendors pointing fingers at each other anymore. Dinan seems to be the way to go.