BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

06-23-2010, 02:09 PM   #1
The_BatBoy_187
Private
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 DCT

Exclamation Disconnect CD Player for I-Pod? (Warning: Dumb dealer)

What's happenin forrum?

I'm new to this forrum....and my car , and this is my first thread
So, due to the low IQ of the dealers at the BMW dealership here in Jeddah, they really screwed me up! I mean, I have to admit that I didn't do my research before purchasing my M, but that was because I thought I didn't need to! Now I learned my lesson(Shamefully, it came at the cost of my M3) So, besides the fact my dealer never mentioned big stuff like the EDC Program (which I need due to my hometowns poor bad roads) and the M Button ( I know; it's a pain in the ass and 50% of a true M car) he didn't even mention there were seat heaters (not that I would need them since I'm in a desert! Or even the side mirrors fold in option... Now, when I decided to get ZCP and I pod interface (which I though was just a cable) he said " I don't know anything of the Competition Package, and if you want this I pod interface, I will have to remove your CD Player; FOREVER!" Plus, why the hell isn't there any USB plug in my armrest storage compartment?! And all this came from the guy working at the "World's largest BMW Maintenance Center" bravo BMW
They might good motors but poor service What bugs is that they are loosing too much money by being ignorant like this!

So...Back to my topic did anyone hear this whole "Cancel CD for I pod" thingy? Or is my dealer just using some sort of low-skilled and priced operation to do the job? Need Help!
      06-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #2
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_BatBoy_187 View Post
What's happenin forrum?

I'm new to this forrum....and my car , and this is my first thread
So, due to the low IQ of the dealers at the BMW dealership here in Jeddah, they really screwed me up! I mean, I have to admit that I didn't do my research before purchasing my M, but that was because I thought I didn't need to! Now I learned my lesson(Shamefully, it came at the cost of my M3) So, besides the fact my dealer never mentioned big stuff like the EDC Program (which I need due to my hometowns poor bad roads) and the M Button ( I know; it's a pain in the ass and 50% of a true M car) he didn't even mention there were seat heaters (not that I would need them since I'm in a desert! Or even the side mirrors fold in option... Now, when I decided to get ZCP and I pod interface (which I though was just a cable) he said " I don't know anything of the Competition Package, and if you want this I pod interface, I will have to remove your CD Player; FOREVER!" Plus, why the hell isn't there any USB plug in my armrest storage compartment?! And all this came from the guy working at the "World's largest BMW Maintenance Center" bravo BMW
They might good motors but poor service What bugs is that they are loosing too much money by being ignorant like this!

So...Back to my topic did anyone hear this whole "Cancel CD for I pod" thingy? Or is my dealer just using some sort of low-skilled and priced operation to do the job? Need Help!
Welcome to the forum.

The CD Changer is removed if the OTC BMW iPod solution is used. 6FL can coexist with an OEM BMW Changer.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0