BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-14-2011, 08:34 AM   #23
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
man the nerds are so uppity now...get back to your world of warcraft!!!!
anonymous for the most part hates world of warcraft. Its too conformist for them. Try Eve Online or something :P
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 08:35 AM   #24
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka View Post
anonymous for the most part hates world of warcraft. Its too conformist for them. Try Eve Online or something :P
or doll forums
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 09:33 AM   #25
number335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Anyone who's first exposure to gov't corruption was provided by Anonymous hasn't been paying much attention...they haven't and aren't going to accomplish anything of note or acclaim, just a bunch of e-muscle flexers seeking attention and hoping to be taken seriously. If these people really wanted to make a difference, or raise awareness, or whatever, they wouldn't be hacking into shit. It's counter-productive. Spare me. If these "freedom fighters" knew anything about economic systems, they'd stfu and get a job.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who have not been paying attention and stand behind their political party as if they don't need to be accountable. A lot of the unethical/illegal practices that have been occurring have been exposed, yet nothing has been done against the people who were involved. I'm not saying they are going to succeed with what they are doing, but I am not gonna condemn them for trying to stand up against the thieves that run this country. Also, I don't understand your comment about having to get a job to understand the economic system.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 09:35 AM   #26
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by number335 View Post
Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who have not been paying attention and stand behind their political party as if they don't need to be accountable. A lot of the unethical/illegal practices that have been occurring have been exposed, yet nothing has been done against the people who were involved. I'm not saying they are going to succeed with what they are doing, but I am not gonna condemn them for trying to stand up against the thieves that run this country.
+1
      06-14-2011, 09:45 AM   #27
Naptime
#Hashtag
Rep
Drives: around in circles

http://mises.org/books/fed.pdf
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 10:21 AM   #28
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
[QUOTE=number335;9813893]Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who have not been paying attention and stand behind their political party as if they don't need to be accountable. A lot of the unethical/illegal practices that have been occurring have been exposed, yet nothing has been done against the people who were involved. I'm not saying they are going to succeed with what they are doing, but I am not gonna condemn them for trying to stand up against the thieves that run this country.

I will absolutely condemn them, because this isn't going to accomplish anything, makes them look bad by using a pseudo-terrorist tactic, and will overall be counterproductive to whatever end goal they're trying to achieve, and will inevitably fail to do so.

Quote:
Also, I don't understand your comment about having to get a job to understand the economic system.
There wasn't much behind that other than the anon members are clearly failing to realize that trying to hack the fed isn't going to spur the very change they yearn for yet can't define. They would be more productive contributing positively to the system than they are with these laughable attempts at catalyzing reform.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 10:41 AM   #29
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 740i sport

Quote:
Anyone who's first exposure to gov't corruption was provided by Anonymous hasn't been paying much attention...they haven't and aren't going to accomplish anything of note or acclaim, just a bunch of e-muscle flexers seeking attention and hoping to be taken seriously. If these people really wanted to make a difference, or raise awareness, or whatever, they wouldn't be hacking into shit. It's counter-productive. Spare me. If these "freedom fighters" knew anything about economic systems, they'd stfu and get a job.

Contributing further to a system that's already broken and corrupted?? Yeah.. great idea.

If This group doesnt make changes as you claim, then we will have another revolution on our hands. Will you tell those people as well not to have a revolution against our corrupted Govnt and they should all just get jobs??

If you want to sit on your ass and collect your 9-5 pay check, then good for you. But dont tell other people what to do when they are trying to take back what our four fathers have built.

Last edited by KGB7; 06-14-2011 at 01:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 10:53 AM   #30
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' YMB/Blk F82

Quote:
Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who have not been paying attention and stand behind their political party as if they don't need to be accountable. A lot of the unethical/illegal practices that have been occurring have been exposed, yet nothing has been done against the people who were involved. I'm not saying they are going to succeed with what they are doing, but I am not gonna condemn them for trying to stand up against the thieves that run this country. Also, I don't understand your comment about having to get a job to understand the economic system.
well that goes against what our forefathers wanted ...the second amendment wasnt there to allow for hunting...it was specifically there to draw up arms against the govt in case they get out of line...our country was based upon taking up arms against tyranny and unjust behavior.

at least this group is trying to do something they believe in rather than sitting at home sitting ignorantly in bliss watching american idol...the elites have done a great job of keeping people in the dark and stupid so they can execute the pillaging of america.

what people need to undertand is this, the US dollar has plummeted 98% since the Fed Reserve came into place 100 yrs ago...this is a hidden tax on all of us because everything we need to live is more expensive...wonder why two parents now have to work instead of one?...and you wonder why kids turn out like they do cause cause there are no parents at home to raise them anymore...well, this indirectly is due to the Fed Reserve and their policies to devalue the dollar over the long run.

Wonder why they dont teach how fractional banking works in school...my wife is a CPA and has no idea how banking works...many underlings in banking sector dont understand it either...its a secret cause its a sham...the elites dont want you to know..look into it.

And I think its hilarious that people think the Fed Reserve who sets interest rates and have the most important position in govt, arent actually part of the govt at all...they are a private banking cartel...dont believe me, look them up in you phone book...thats right they show up few spots above Federal Express in white pages!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #31
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

The internet has been the greatest weapon against the elites...allows information to travel without media manipulation...elites have done a great job keeping us divided and sheeplesque...only when things get bad enough will the people wake up...that day will come within next 5 yrs imho....these people have to right to revolt...its the american way.

[QUOTE=BTM;9814265]
Quote:
Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who have not been paying attention and stand behind their political party as if they don't need to be accountable. A lot of the unethical/illegal practices that have been occurring have been exposed, yet nothing has been done against the people who were involved. I'm not saying they are going to succeed with what they are doing, but I am not gonna condemn them for trying to stand up against the thieves that run this country.

I will absolutely condemn them, because this isn't going to accomplish anything, makes them look bad by using a pseudo-terrorist tactic, and will overall be counterproductive to whatever end goal they're trying to achieve, and will inevitably fail to do so.

There wasn't much behind that other than the anon members are clearly failing to realize that trying to hack the fed isn't going to spur the very change they yearn for yet can't define. They would be more productive contributing positively to the system than they are with these laughable attempts at catalyzing reform.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 11:06 AM   #32
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
LOL should've expected the tinfoil hats to come play here...yes, a group that won't identify themselves, their plan, their credentials, anything really, is a good mechanism for change. By saying "not Bernanke" they are assuming it can't be worse than it is. Oh yes it can. You don't change a system for the better by attacking it from the outside, rather by working towards a better outcome from within it. The system is far from broken, and far from a conspiracy. Yes, it can be MUCH better, I'm the first to admit that. But destroying it and starting from zero is neither the solution nor a feasibility. This is just Anon not being in the news for a couple months needing their periodic attention like the whining babies they are.

American revolution within 5yrs? This place cracks me up
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #33
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
The internet has been the greatest weapon against the elites...allows information to travel without media manipulation...
If this were true, then Anon wouldn't "need" to be so vocally outspoken against censorship.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #34
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

What's funny about what you are saying is you are yourself an elite. You drive an m3 and are capable of expressing yourself intelligently.

There will be stupid people to manipulate for generations. The internet isn't going to save them. Education will save some, but the overall majority will continue to be ignorant to reality and will not give a single fuck. This isn't a generational problem. This has been the way of the world since we were hunting and gathering. The elites simply have more weapons to distract people.
      06-14-2011, 11:27 AM   #35
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I wouldn't necessarily consider equating implications about the Fed with the ability to look them up in a phone book as intelligent expression...
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 11:30 AM   #36
number335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Coupe

Quote:
Millions of people lost their jobs, their businesses and their homes while contributing positively to this country, while the self serving elites in wall street, the banking industry, the white house, congress etc got rich off of it while destroying the economy.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #37
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If this were true, then Anon wouldn't "need" to be so vocally outspoken against censorship.
the fact we are having this conversation proves its true...this couldnt have happened 20 yrs ago...debate is good.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 12:11 PM   #38
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I wouldn't necessarily consider equating implications about the Fed with the ability to look them up in a phone book as intelligent expression...

why, you have no idea who the Fed Reserve actually is I am guessing...they are most powerful group in the world yet 95% of people have no idea who they are...president cant even pick who Fed Reserve chairmen is...nobody knows who has the voting rights on Fed Reserve board...you dont have a problem with this???
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 12:18 PM   #39
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
What's funny about what you are saying is you are yourself an elite. You drive an m3 and are capable of expressing yourself intelligently.

There will be stupid people to manipulate for generations. The internet isn't going to save them. Education will save some, but the overall majority will continue to be ignorant to reality and will not give a single fuck. This isn't a generational problem. This has been the way of the world since we were hunting and gathering. The elites simply have more weapons to distract people.

But your missing my point, my theory is this...it is coming to a head...when unemployment hits a certain point, the people will revolt just like the middle east...I know you guys shouldnt trust or believe a word I am saying...but I knew when housing was going to crash, when the mkts were going to crash in 08'...cause Im lucky?..no, I put many many hours looking into things...I believe things will come to a head here in the US within 5 yrs...so does our govt...look at the military exercises and the FEMA camps going up...100's of them...are these for foreign terrorists?...not likely...I will predict the "posse comitatus" law will be a thing of the past within 5 yrs.

Am I a know it all?...no, these are just my guesses, no more or less valid than anyone elses opinion on here.

But I ask anyone who has an opinion on these subjects to look into it for themselves and make up their own minds.

I am an elite not because of my wealth or my M3, but rather due to my knowledge base on how the economy works(thorugh 100's of hrs researching)...I am a elite cause to play/understand their game I started buying metals when they announced QE 1 and 2(actually way before)...when the Feds start printing money, metals and commodities have to go up...but they dont teach you this in business school...they want the status quo to keep going.

Last edited by mact3333; 06-14-2011 at 12:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 01:17 PM   #40
BMWinNorthdakota
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 335i e90

Quote:
But your missing my point, my theory is this...it is coming to a head...when unemployment hits a certain point, the people will revolt just like the middle east...I know you guys shouldnt trust or believe a word I am saying...but I knew when housing was going to crash, when the mkts were going to crash in 08'...cause Im lucky?..no, I put many many hours looking into things...I believe things will come to a head here in the US within 5 yrs...so does our govt...look at the military exercises and the FEMA camps going up...100's of them...are these for foreign terrorists?...not likely...I will predict the "posse comitatus" law will be a thing of the past within 5 yrs.

Am I a know it all?...no, these are just my guesses, no more or less valid than anyone elses opinion on here.

But I ask anyone who has an opinion on these subjects to look into it for themselves and make up their own minds.

I am an elite not because of my wealth or my M3, but rather due to my knowledge base on how the economy works(thorugh 100's of hrs researching)...I am a elite cause to play/understand their game I started buying metals when they announced QE 1 and 2(actually way before)...when the Feds start printing money, metals and commodities have to go up...but they dont teach you this in business school...they want the status quo to keep going.
Not to be a western "elitest" or anything, but I dont think that the people of the middle east are "The same" as "us"... dont take that wrong, i just think we will react in an entirely different fashion if unemployment goes up. It will take some seriously obvious/evident corruption for those actions to be mimiced like they occur in the middle east...
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 01:24 PM   #41
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

You're a little late on Posse Comitatus Act becoming toast.

Quote:
Why is a U.S. Army brigade being assigned to the "Homeland"?

Several bloggers today have pointed to this obviously disturbing article from Army Times, which announces that "beginning Oct. 1 for 12 months, the [1st Brigade Combat Team of the 3rd Infantry Division] will be under the day-to-day control of U.S. Army North" -- "the first time an active unit has been given a dedicated assignment to NorthCom, a joint command established in 2002 to provide command and control for federal homeland defense efforts and coordinate defense support of civil authorities." The article details:

They'll learn new skills, use some of the ones they acquired in the war zone and more than likely will not be shot at while doing any of it.
They may be called upon to help with civil unrest and crowd control or to deal with potentially horrific scenarios such as massive poisoning and chaos in response to a chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear or high-yield explosive, or CBRNE, attack. . . .

The 1st BCT's soldiers also will learn how to use "the first ever nonlethal package that the Army has fielded," 1st BCT commander Col. Roger Cloutier said, referring to crowd and traffic control equipment and nonlethal weapons designed to subdue unruly or dangerous individuals without killing them.

"It's a new modular package of nonlethal capabilities that they're fielding. They've been using pieces of it in Iraq, but this is the first time that these modules were consolidated and this package fielded, and because of this mission we’re undertaking we were the first to get it."

The package includes equipment to stand up a hasty road block; spike strips for slowing, stopping or controlling traffic; shields and batons; and, beanbag bullets.

"I was the first guy in the brigade to get Tasered," said Cloutier, describing the experience as "your worst muscle cramp ever -- times 10 throughout your whole body". . . .

The brigade will not change its name, but the force will be known for the next year as a CBRNE Consequence Management Response Force, or CCMRF (pronounced "sea-smurf").

For more than 100 years -- since the end of the Civil War -- deployment of the U.S. military inside the U.S. has been prohibited under The Posse Comitatus Act (the only exceptions being that the National Guard and Coast Guard are exempted, and use of the military on an emergency ad hoc basis is permitted, such as what happened after Hurricane Katrina). Though there have been some erosions of this prohibition over the last several decades (most perniciously to allow the use of the military to work with law enforcement agencies in the "War on Drugs"), the bright line ban on using the U.S. military as a standing law enforcement force inside the U.S. has been more or less honored -- until now. And as the Army Times notes, once this particular brigade completes its one-year assignment, "expectations are that another, as yet unnamed, active-duty brigade will take over and that the mission will be a permanent one."
http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/gl...008/09/24/army
      06-14-2011, 01:28 PM   #42
mact3333
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWinNorthdakota View Post
Not to be a western "elitest" or anything, but I dont think that the people of the middle east are "The same" as "us"... dont take that wrong, i just think we will react in an entirely different fashion if unemployment goes up. It will take some seriously obvious/evident corruption for those actions to be mimiced like they occur in the middle east...

Respectfully, I beg to differ, it will be for the same reasons...people think people in the middle east are uprising for political beliefs...I dont think so...they have had 25-30% unemployment for many many yrs esp in the 18-35 age group...this is why off shoot political mvts start to rise cause when it gets bad for long periods of time, people have nothing to lose...when times are good, nobody cares about politics or religion...only during bad times will the masses start to look for another solution...look at Nazi Germany as an example...nobody wanted the Nazis, but they offered a way out, as you know who, said the hell with our debt to France and England, we just arent going to pay it anymore, as inflation was running rampant at the time.

So for right now in the US, when its our neighbors who are out of work and we still have our BMW's and granite countertops in our kitchens, we wont get involved....but when its us who lose our jobs for many many months, your way of thinking will change and you will start asking questions.

Humans behave the same way, at our core, doesnt matter what political party or religion you belong to, we all have basic needs.

Hope you guys remember this post yrs from now.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 01:40 PM   #43
KGB7
Crazy Russian Bastard
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 740i sport

[QUOTE=BTM;9814265]
Quote:

And how do you know this exactly?? Yeah i thought so.

Quote:
LOL should've expected the tinfoil hats to come play here...yes, a group that won't identify themselves, their plan, their credentials, anything really, is a good mechanism for change. By saying "not Bernanke" they are assuming it can't be worse than it is. Oh yes it can. You don't change a system for the better by attacking it from the outside, rather by working towards a better outcome from within it. The system is far from broken, and far from a conspiracy. Yes, it can be MUCH better, I'm the first to admit that. But destroying it and starting from zero is neither the solution nor a feasibility. This is just Anon not being in the news for a couple months needing their periodic attention like the whining babies they are.

American revolution within 5yrs? This place cracks me up

I would rather be crazy with a tinfoil hat, then a sheep like your self freely walking in to a meat grinder.

It doesnt matter if you do it from inside or outside, as long as something is done is always a good thing. You are right, the system is far from broken, it simply doesn't exists anymore.

Last edited by KGB7; 06-14-2011 at 01:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #44
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
why, you have no idea who the Fed Reserve actually is I am guessing...they are most powerful group in the world yet 95% of people have no idea who they are...president cant even pick who Fed Reserve chairmen is...nobody knows who has the voting rights on Fed Reserve board...you dont have a problem with this???
Thanks, I know who the Fed is. I have a problem with the way plenty is done in this country. I have a bigger one with the idea that some e-vigilantes know any better, and that any attempts to coerce this "knowledge" into the "broken system" are somehow justified, and a defacto improvement over the current situation. Seriously, consider they succeed, Bernanke steps down. Not only are the implications that they caused this action dire, but just imagine if someone actually gave an anonymous group of hackers a single iota of influence over the Fed. I'll take it as it currently sits, thank you.
Appreciate 0