BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

12-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #1
gazosnic
Major
Rep
Drives: bmw m3

USB MULF2 Retrofit - Help Needed

hey guys in some desperate need of help here if anyone has knowledge on this area.

I am trying to retrofit a MULF2High SVS to my e92 that has phone prep (640).

I am using the white block cable from the phone prep to the blue connection on the MULF (i didnt change any wires and noticed it got power)

The wires I have are as follows into the blue block:

Black connector:

36 - brown
33 - yellow
31 - grey
19 - black
21 - clear
17 - red/green
15 - red/black
3 - blue
1 - yellow

Grey block
37 - white / yellow
38 - blue / white
46 - green
50 - grey/blue

I tried both this setup as well as a direct connection to the radio most wire for retrofitting a MULF2. I cant get INPA to identify it for the life of me. not sure whats wrong. I see the red light from the MULF come on momentarily then it shuts off.

Here is the pin config i am using for the MULF2 - taken from my Phone Prep package. Maybe its not wired correctly to provide constant power??

It lights up the fiber cable for about 30 seconds then turns off. I am unable to see the MULF in INPA and tool32. I get the error unable to communicate w control unit. It seemed like others on this thread were able to solve this. Any insights GREATLY appreciated.
Appreciate 0