BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-16-2007, 04:08 PM   #1
Gripster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
This CD will self-destruct in....

Does anyone know of a way to send data on a CD such that it is only accessible (with password) before a certain date?

I'm looking for something like this for work. We need to send some documents to review, but they are prioprietary and the reviewers need only have access temporarily. I've heard of something like this, but after 20 minutes of Google searching, I can't find any free solutions. The best I came up with was this http://www.encryptx.com/small_busine...comparison.php. Since it's for work, I don't mind paying, but free is always better...

I know that there are always workarounds (hacks/cracks) for this stuff and nothing is foolproof. I just want to defend against casual theft if the CD was not destroyed after their review.
      10-16-2007, 07:39 PM   #2
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
I have no background to this and it's just a thought but....

Can't you send a disk write protected so it can't be copied with a password. Then also ask to have the cd sent back by a specified date and make them sign a contract. Thus if all specified rules aren't complied with you can bring legal hell down on them.

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2007, 07:40 PM   #3
阿龍|ah_Long
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e90

u can try truecrypt. but it doesn't have the self destruct function
Appreciate 0