BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

02-06-2014, 09:27 PM   #309
Wolfinwolfsclothing
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
In fact it would be called false representation, not marketing! And I'd be really surprised that BMW would jeopardize their reputation with such a useless lie!

And by the way, unless BMW said the e92 would be lighter then the e46(which to my knowledge did'nt happen), your point means nothing!
Until I see it, i don't believe it. So unless a US mag gets one and weighs it at exactly 3303 lbs, I consider it to have been a false claim.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 10:48 PM   #310
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
In fact it would be called false representation, not marketing! And I'd be really surprised that BMW would jeopardize their reputation with such a useless lie!

And by the way, unless BMW said the e92 would be lighter then the e46(which to my knowledge did'nt happen), your point means nothing!
Until I see it, i don't believe it. So unless a US mag gets one and weighs it at exactly 3303 lbs, I consider it to have been a false claim.
You can consider it like you want but the car is not even out yet so until then that is just pure speculation based on absolutly zero fact!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 11:50 PM   #311
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Can't believe you guys are still at it! These are inanimate objects that respond to human inputs... I think I'm the better human...who gives a shit about the machines
      02-07-2014, 09:40 AM   #312
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
Dude, its called marketing. Of course they want you to think its going to weigh 3300 lbs. Go back and read the press (read marketing) about the e9x m3 and how they saved weight on this part and that part and then when we got the car it weighed more than the e46 m3…which I also had 2 of and that was no light car either. I agree with 325, even a stripper m3 with full fluids and full fuel will likely be 34XX lbs. And I bet a fully loaded car will prob tip in at 36XX.
Lets just wait and see what a north american M3/4 that a mag actually weighs with options, fuel, and has met all of our DOT regulations.
Quote:
Sorry, but you're wrong.

BMW said the 1M weighed around 3250 lbs or 70 lbs lighter than a 135i IIRC.

Motortrend weighed it at over 3400.

http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...car_contender/

Motor Authority - over 3350 lbs

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...ed-3351-pounds

My friends 1M without nav or any options weighed 3380 lbs.

In no way was that a light car despite its minimal options, lightweight parts from the M3 and its very small size.
we have had local 1ms weigh right around 3300 lbs here at our local track scales. also, e9x m3's weighing approximately 3530 lbs or so with DCT and powered seats only, or minimal options.

BMW actually claimed 1495kg (3296lbs) for the 1m, and 1605kg (3538lbs) for the m3 in base form, both of which are pretty damn close.

again, if you think for whatever reason that BMW would lie (which they have never done before to a significant degree on weight), then that's cool. I personally think it will be close to their claim as it has always been.

1m weight link

http://www.bmwblog.com/2011/05/13/bmw-1m-full-specs/
      02-07-2014, 03:04 PM   #313
325rider
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 M3 6mt

Quote:
Dude, its called marketing. Of course they want you to think its going to weigh 3300 lbs. Go back and read the press (read marketing) about the e9x m3 and how they saved weight on this part and that part and then when we got the car it weighed more than the e46 m3…which I also had 2 of and that was no light car either. I agree with 325, even a stripper m3 with full fluids and full fuel will likely be 34XX lbs. And I bet a fully loaded car will prob tip in at 36XX.
Lets just wait and see what a north american M3/4 that a mag actually weighs with options, fuel, and has met all of our DOT regulations.
I agree with me too
And again, Im not saying "BMW is lying the new M3 will weigh >3,500lbs on scales"…. Im just saying I doubt even the stripper M3/M4 will weigh in at <3400lbs on scales with fluids and a bit of fuel. If/when the cars weight in at 3,3xxlbs ill bite my tongue and accept that my assumptions were wrong. I just have a suspicion they won't. I didn't think the debate would be so complex.
It will either weight <3400 on scales like they SHOULD (according to BMW claims), or its a troll and BMW is trolling.

Lets just wait and see. Either way the car is still great! <3,400lbs would just be icing on the cake and a nice eff you to e9x drivers :|

Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
Can't believe you guys are still at it! These are inanimate objects that respond to human inputs... I think I'm the better human...who gives a shit about the machines

Check out my YouTube Fitness Channel if your into that
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoz...XQVuG0se8cTpUQ
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 08:23 PM   #314
MrStinky
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3

Considering e46 M3 on real world scales weighed 3450, the new M3 already accomplished goal for e46 weight even if they get to 3400.the e92 is only 100 pounds heavierthan e46 , assuming sSMG BC dct with carbon roof. Anything in 3400 range will be great and truly testament to BMW even with 3550 e92 M3 given all competitors were 4100. C63, rs 5. Is f was 3700. 5.0 stang similar weight to M3. Ford really did benchmark 5.0 to e92 M3 down to weighing 3550s on scales people measured.

Again I wonder for the past 5 years why peoplewere obsessed with e92 being so heavy compared to e46 . 100 pounds is really nothing
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 09:24 AM   #315
Nautik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
If the machine is irrelevant, why not drive a Prius? Just sayin!
      02-11-2014, 10:26 PM   #316
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautik View Post
If the machine is irrelevant, why not drive a Prius? Just sayin!
Can't handle track duties. Only track capable cars are discussed here .

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 12:34 AM   #317
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

Why talk about benefits. It is a downgrade from an exhilarating V8 with a huge usable and linear revving range to an improved 335is i6 turbo. But for people who mind the extra work and joy to keep the V8 rev happy which is a lot of fun by the way then maybe the i6 turbo may be satisfactory. You can call the body line anything but not 'inspired'. The lines are not flowing, it's overdone. Seems like a poor man's lamborghini substitute. The brakes are a plus and maybe the active differential and use of CF. The interior is no improvement it looks the same or cheaper. And then there is the real bovine sound and the artificial 'cinemax' in cabin "amplification" of it. That one is a disgrace.

Last edited by V8FunNaturally; 02-12-2014 at 12:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 08:24 AM   #318
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsweet View Post
Why talk about benefits. It is a downgrade from an exhilarating V8 with a huge usable and linear revving range to an improved 335is i6 turbo. But for people who mind the extra work and joy to keep the V8 rev happy which is a lot of fun by the way then maybe the i6 turbo may be satisfactory. You can call the body line anything but not 'inspired'. The lines are not flowing, it's overdone. Seems like a poor man's lamborghini substitute. The brakes are a plus and maybe the active differential and use of CF. The interior is no improvement it looks the same or cheaper. And then there is the real bovine sound and the artificial 'cinemax' in cabin "amplification" of it. That one is a disgrace.
I'll offer a counterpoint. I track my car occasionally and there are pros and cons to the S65. The linear torque curve and excellent throttle response make it easy to drive and balance in high speed corners. It's also quite handy in the rain. On the other hand the lack of torque down low makes it frustrating in low speed corners. If BMW can combine more torque with excellent throttle response on the new engine, we may be onto something.

The body line and interior esthetics are of course very personal, and to me the exterior is just as good as the E9x - I actually think it's a bit too evolutionary and doesn't have sufficient impact. I wish they'd made it more dramatic. You may not like the interior design but the quality of the materials as well as some ergonomics are much better than in the E9x cars.

The engine is indeed the big unknown and I won't comment until I get a chance to drive it. I ran a 335i with mods before the M3 and I actually liked the N54 quite a lot. It had a bit of lag low down but never at track revs, sounded good, was characterful and I consider it a BMW masterpiece.

Add the improved brakes, suspension, diff, lower weight and who knows?

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 09:00 AM   #319
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

OMG 15 pages of junk you like it buy it you hate dont buy it.. 1st world problem. smh... its a fawkin car.
      02-12-2014, 09:59 AM   #320
Brosef
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
I'll offer a counterpoint. I track my car occasionally and there are pros and cons to the S65. The linear torque curve and excellent throttle response make it easy to drive and balance in high speed corners. It's also quite handy in the rain. On the other hand the lack of torque down low makes it frustrating in low speed corners. If BMW can combine more torque with excellent throttle response on the new engine, we may be onto something.

The body line and interior esthetics are of course very personal, and to me the exterior is just as good as the E9x - I actually think it's a bit too evolutionary and doesn't have sufficient impact. I wish they'd made it more dramatic. You may not like the interior design but the quality of the materials as well as some ergonomics are much better than in the E9x cars.

The engine is indeed the big unknown and I won't comment until I get a chance to drive it. I ran a 335i with mods before the M3 and I actually liked the N54 quite a lot. It had a bit of lag low down but never at track revs, sounded good, was characterful and I consider it a BMW masterpiece.

those are my thoughts as well. I also had a tuned N54 and I enjoyed it quite a bit, albeit in different ways. never took it to the track though.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 10:04 AM   #321
Black Gold
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post

agree, and unlike sunsweet I have actually seen the car in person, as have you it seems.

sunsweet is in the top 5 of worst posters / trolls on this forum right now. just see his comments in the z06 thread in this very forum for an example.
      02-12-2014, 01:02 PM   #322
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
agree, and unlike sunsweet I have actually seen the car in person, as have you it seems.

sunsweet is in the top 5 of worst posters / trolls on this forum right now. just see his comments in the z06 thread in this very forum for an example.
I am entitled to my own opinions of what cars i like, the one I tolerate and the ones I abhor. If you can not express you preferences in others ways than attacking people who don't share your views then you are the troll. Anybody in my book is entitled to his views as long as they talk about the car. On the other hand if you need to go personal because you cannot keep it in the car talk realm, as you are doing now, you have no business on those forums.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 01:53 PM   #323
///M3AN
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jet Black E90 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sensi09 View Post
And for reviews they'll likely go along with the lines of "great car, but more insulated and not as 'raw' as the previous version."
+1

I remember this exact review when we went from the E46 to the E9x.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 02:07 PM   #324
Nautik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
OMG 15 pages of junk you like it buy it you hate dont buy it.. 1st world problem. smh... its a fawkin car.
It's a sports/luxury car forum... what else did you think we would talk about? Giving food to the poor in 3rd world countries? Maybe you should sell your M3 and donate the proceeds to Haiti. Damn them 1st worlders and their rich people problems!
      02-12-2014, 04:07 PM   #325
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Poor ppl drive m3s too. Just sayin.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 04:22 PM   #326
Petros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
Poor ppl drive m3s too. Just sayin.
Yeah, that's what the lease program is for
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 04:27 PM   #327
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
Yeah, that's what the lease program is for
you mean lease to bmw 10 year finance buy out.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 11:11 AM   #328
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautik View Post
It's a sports/luxury car forum... what else did you think we would talk about? Giving food to the poor in 3rd world countries? Maybe you should sell your M3 and donate the proceeds to Haiti. Damn them 1st worlders and their rich people problems!
ummm ok..
      02-17-2014, 02:42 PM   #329
Chill72
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 E92 M3 (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsweet View Post
Spoken like a 2013 E9X M3 owner.

This is just pitiful.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2014, 03:50 PM   #330
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill72 View Post
Spoken like a 2013 E9X M3 owner.

This is just pitiful.
Why? he could have waited and bought the turbro M4 if he wanted.

Stop getting mad at everyone who doesnt like the new M3/4. Are you that insecure about a car youve never driven??
Appreciate 0