BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

01-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #23
konaforever
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Red GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshyLarryMP View Post
The BMW dealer gave me a Camry loaner car. I hate driving it and I feel unsafe. It doesn't maneuver, accelerate, stop, or give good road feed back. People shouldn't be driving these cars fast. They are built to get good gas mileage and not to maneuver.
I just had a rental Chevy Malibu. Felt the same way! It is comfy though on the highway!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 05:25 PM   #24
JZBE92
I poop at work to save money on toilet paper.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 SOLD, FR-S Monogram

I don't know. My friend (certified track instructor) tracked his mother's Prius and was lapping people. Beware. He also did this in a Yaris.
2012 JZB E92 M3 Coupe. DCT/ZCP. Paint Match IND Cosmetic Package, Arkym Bumper, Verstrabe Paddles, LUX Angel Eyes, Vorsteiner double sided CF CSL trunk lid, Evolve Valve Exhaust, 19x9.5 et 21, 19x10.5 et 22 TE37 SL Pressed Graphite
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 05:28 PM   #25
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZBE92 View Post
I don't know. My friend (certified track instructor) tracked his mother's Prius and was lapping people. Beware. He also did this in a Yaris.
I did something like this before. Bought a stock 1990 240SX for $2000 and then took it to Thunderhill Raceway totally as-is. Lapping other cars was fun in a car with Roadhugger T-rated tires.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #26
Edjay
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 AW, 76 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Yeah, and apparently Prii aren't even always as fuel efficient as M3s!

Jump to 3:33.
The girl in the backround at 6:02 is hot
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #27
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by minigearhead View Post
I'ts true though, because almost all of the prius drivers I see drive like absolute douches, like they are trying to prove something. Like their manliness.
and failing miserably
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #28
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
I just love Prius drivers.

They accelerate at a ridicule slow rate and then putter around at a eco-energetic 15-20mph while you are stuck behind them . Then they are able to just make the next yellow traffic light while you and the whole traffic jam behind them gets stuck on red . The Prius driver just saved a few drops of fuel , but the whole traffic pack is now stopped at a red light uselessly burning fuel idling while waiting for the next green light .

Rant over .
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 08:46 PM   #29
JZBE92
I poop at work to save money on toilet paper.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 SOLD, FR-S Monogram

I actually laugh every time I see a Prius pulled over by highway patrol.
2012 JZB E92 M3 Coupe. DCT/ZCP. Paint Match IND Cosmetic Package, Arkym Bumper, Verstrabe Paddles, LUX Angel Eyes, Vorsteiner double sided CF CSL trunk lid, Evolve Valve Exhaust, 19x9.5 et 21, 19x10.5 et 22 TE37 SL Pressed Graphite
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 09:07 PM   #30
Ohh_5H1T
Captain
Rep
Drives: Backwards

Solution: BBK on prius
Side note: I ALSO own a SMART car (Brabus edition) and love the crap out of it!
      01-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #31
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins333 View Post
Man you must have been happy to see that db9! Worst would have been to look back and see another Prius.
Yah i was like whew. I've been rear ended twice before on the freeway. Once by a scion in my 350z and another time a long time ago in my civic by some busted up rusty excuse for a car.

Now i'm super paranoid whenever i have to brake abruptly, usually i will pump the brakes a few times to "flash" my brake lights so the guy behind me will see it
      01-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #32
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshyLarryMP View Post
The BMW dealer gave me a Camry loaner car. I hate driving it and I feel unsafe. It doesn't maneuver, accelerate, stop, or give good road feed back. People shouldn't be driving these cars fast. They are built to get good gas mileage and not to maneuver.
Don't even get me started on how it seems like the less performance/handling/stopping a person's car has the FASTER this person drives!

I see people in camry's, F150s, minivans, SUVs flying past me on the highway and doing dangerous lane changes. When i drive most non performance cars i'm constantly afraid of flipping over even when driving super safe
      01-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #33
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohh_5H1T View Post
Solution: BBK on prius
Side note: I ALSO own a SMART car (Brabus edition) and love the crap out of it!
yeah i think ive seen that on here?

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #34
muccels
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e93,C5,Tahoe,Gsxr750

Yeah it seems I see Prius drivers speeding and trying to go fast all the time.. Wait that’s me!! lol.. So my Mom left the country and l dropped her off at the airport in her car. Well I've been commuting with it this week as my vette's battery has had some issues and the M is under the cover for the winter. So having driven this a few days some things I notice.
When you first accelerate you have to go at it slow off the line for the electric part. Once you get going though it accelerates nicely for a commuter. You don't appreciate a great handling car until you drive a car that doesn't handle like a performance car does! It’s pretty roomy and a comfortable car for a commuter. The basic controls on the touch screen controls aren't too bad. The braking on the car very is different. When you first step on the break it actually grabs pretty quick! That doesn't mean though you stop faster. Seems to grab quick but awhile to actually stop. Not sure how much the prius weighs but I could see this thing getting squirrely and unstable with any speed to it. People sometimes don't realize a lighter vehicle many times will take longer to stop then a like vehicle with some weight to it.
The Prius is in its class for what it is. How people drive things is a totally different thing. Funny story I actually drove the M to work about a month ago cuz all my other vehicle were having some kind of issue (never drive the M to work). Well I'm on an expressway and see this prius to my left at the stoplight with new plates. I knew a girl I worked with had gotten a new prius but wasn't sure if it was hers as we weren't too far from work. So as the light turns green we both take off at a regular pace. I start to speed up a bit as our 2 lanes merge about 1/2 mile away. Well as I'm coming over low and behold the prius is now tailgating me!! I'm like ok now to put some a small amount of hammer on the prius. So I take off to extend my space between the vehicles and then slow up a bit ahead. Well the Prius comes rolling up again on my tail so I do the same thing a few times before I land at work. Well come to find out it was my coworker and she didn't know it was me. She went on to say wow whose car is that and I love that car. I bagged on her for tailgating me in her new prius and joked about it. It’s funny though how I see commuter type cars driving like they stole it though! lol.. Well you never know it might be a M driver behind the wheel of one! Keep an eye out I'm rolling up on you haha, well for a short period of time though and no I won't be driving it for leisure but just for the good gas mileage!! lol

Last edited by muccels; 01-09-2013 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #35
info@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park2670 View Post
Same worry I always have. And state to others.

Its not me I am worried about, especially in the snow. Its the other people around me.
+1 very true. I know my brakes and my car, not the ones behind me or anywhere else.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #36
MA///M3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 DCT COUPE

my 10 yer old son warns me when he sees a Prius near us driving. I must have got pissed and called one "a tree-hugging moron." He now points and says "dad, tree-hugging moron on the right." Not that there is anything wrong with being a tree-hugger, or even a moron, but it's just funny.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #37
muccels
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e93,C5,Tahoe,Gsxr750

What!! lol
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #38
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Completely believable. I remember at a wet track weekend a couple of instructors busted out their GMC Yukon and Toyota Tundra to run with Red Group, and they were lapping Elises. Even if Clarkson's "It's not what you drive, it's how you drive it" isn't completely true for fuel economy, it certainly is for the track.

Stories like that remind me of this article, which I can't help but re-read from time to time: http://blogs.insideline.com/straight...-mechanic.html

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #39
NAV8TT
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 ///M3 E92 DCT ZCP

The title is a bit intimidating (M3 vs Prius) but good thread!
      01-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #40
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

i purposely mispronounce Prius when talking to Prius owners (i say prai-yus instead of pree-yus). it's incredibly entertaining how annoyed they get
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 09:16 PM   #41
AshyLarryMP
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 MW E92 ZCP DCT

Quote:
I don't want to die in a Camry on the I-15 north during rush hour, but I still got it up to 95 on the ride back to drop it off. I wanted to hit 100, but as I suspected, it didn't really feel safe.

You can race lawn mowers, but that don't make it a good idea.
Most people driving a Camry or Prius probably suck at driving and shouldn't be in the fast lane anyway. You can tell they don't give a sht about driving. That's why they bought a Prius.

Last edited by AshyLarryMP; 01-09-2013 at 09:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #42
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by muccels View Post
Yeah it seems I see Prius drivers speeding and trying to go fast all the time.. Wait that’s me!! lol.. So my Mom left the country and l dropped her off at the airport in her car. Well I've been commuting with it this week as my vette's battery has had some issues and the M is under the cover for the winter. So having driven this a few days some things I notice.
When you first accelerate you have to go at it slow off the line for the electric part. Once you get going though it accelerates nicely for a commuter. You don't appreciate a great handling car until you drive a car that doesn't handle like a performance car does! It’s pretty roomy and a comfortable car for a commuter. The basic controls on the touch screen controls aren't too bad. The braking on the car very is different. When you first step on the break it actually grabs pretty quick! That doesn't mean though you stop faster. Seems to grab quick but awhile to actually stop. Not sure how much the prius weighs but I could see this thing getting squirrely and unstable with any speed to it. People sometimes don't realize a lighter vehicle many times will take longer to stop then a like vehicle with some weight to it.
The Prius is in its class for what it is. How people drive things is a totally different thing. Funny story I actually drove the M to work about a month ago cuz all my other vehicle were having some kind of issue (never drive the M to work). Well I'm on an expressway and see this prius to my left at the stoplight with new plates. I knew a girl I worked with had gotten a new prius but wasn't sure if it was hers as we weren't too far from work. So as the light turns green we both take off at a regular pace. I start to speed up a bit as our 2 lanes merge about 1/2 mile away. Well as I'm coming over low and behold the prius is now tailgating me!! I'm like ok now to put some a small amount of hammer on the prius. So I take off to extend my space between the vehicles and then slow up a bit ahead. Well the Prius comes rolling up again on my tail so I do the same thing a few times before I land at work. Well come to find out it was my coworker and she didn't know it was me. She went on to say wow whose car is that and I love that car. I bagged on her for tailgating me in her new prius and joked about it. It’s funny though how I see commuter type cars driving like they stole it though! lol.. Well you never know it might be a M driver behind the wheel of one! Keep an eye out I'm rolling up on you haha, well for a short period of time though and no I won't be driving it for leisure but just for the good gas mileage!! lol
what do you mean you bagged her? she sounds hot, you sure are you did not mean tea bag?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #43
VMcV3y
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC; 2012 M3 Cabriolet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by muccels View Post
What!! lol

That is about 3 minutes 25 seconds too long...

- V

2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Blue Metallic. >177k miles and still rocks!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #44
Brucewonder
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 yea boi

prius w/ Brembos or Stoptechs