BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

2014 Corvette Stingray Crashed

http://www.corvette7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=551
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 07:18 PM   #2
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
Well, he kept it shiny side up.

As for the side airbag, unless they are talking about the passenger-side, the driver side didn't deploy. The window isn't there in that photo, its either down or shattered.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
dtwyim
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylon View Post
Well, he kept it shiny side up.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #4
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Is the old Vette (c6 I guess) more crash-able than other cars, say an 2012 F30 335i?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #5
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh
Is the old Vette (c6 I guess) more crash-able than other cars, say an 2012 F30 335i?
In the sense that an M3 is more crashable than a 328i, yes.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #6
buildbright
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Corvettes are notorious for spinouts and ditching themselves. It's the most wrecked sports car nationwide by a large margin.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #7
Itsed65
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
Corvettes are notorious for spinouts and ditching themselves. It's the most wrecked sports car nationwide by a large margin.
I would blame that more on the divorced mid-life crisis drivers than the car itself.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #8
buildbright
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsed65 View Post
I would blame that more on the divorced mid-life crisis drivers than the car itself.
This crash was done by a GM test driver. I am guessing you never have drove a Corvette or spoken with a professional driver who has raced them. They are very unpredictable and spinout very easy. Mid life crisis has nothing to do with it or we would see the same trend in other cars like the Mustang.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 02:27 PM   #9
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

The amount of hate on this Forum is amazing. I've read hundreds of articles on Corvettes since the mid seventies, I've never read the Corvette is adverse handling and more apt to crashing than any other sports car. I'd say I've read many times that the 911 is notorious for rapid oversteer (until the advent of stability control and addeded to the chassis).

I couldn't find any souce for your claim, but maybe it's the "most wrecked sports car in the nation" because it's the most popular one too?

So the new Vette, which won't be for sale until late 2013, is already poo-poo'd in the world of BMW fanboyz because one gets crashed by a GM test driver. I'd love to see what production BMW 2-seat sports car that can keep up with a Corvette.

Boooooyyyyzzzz.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #10
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
So the new Vette, which won't be for sale until late 2013, is already poo-poo'd in the world of BMW fanboyz because one gets crashed by a GM test driver. I'd love to see what production BMW 2-seat sports car that can keep up with a Corvette.

Boooooyyyyzzzz.
I wouldn't say that. Pretty positive reception over here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=791452

And I happen to think it's awesome, boy-eee!

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #11
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Quote:
The amount of hate on this Forum is amazing. I've read hundreds of articles on Corvettes since the mid seventies, I've never read the Corvette is adverse handling and more apt to crashing than any other sports car. I'd say I've read many times that the 911 is notorious for rapid oversteer (until the advent of stability control and addeded to the chassis).

I couldn't find any souce for your claim, but maybe it's the "most wrecked sports car in the nation" because it's the most popular one too?

Boooooyyyyzzzz.

One person, not this whole forum. Exaggerate much?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 07:46 PM   #12
buildbright
Major
Rep

Quote:

Boooooyyyyzzzz.
Don't be so angry. I like Corvettes and have owned them and raced them. My knowledge comes from personal experience. I am sorry reading magazines has not informed you about this flaw. The Modern Corvettes have very advanced traction control systems to help this. But I just thought it was funny because it's brand new and already crashed. if GM would have made the new Vette Mid engine and use a small forced induction motor I would buy another one.

Also the Ford Mustang is the most popular by far not the Vette.

That 2 seater comment is silly. Let's see GM come out with a AWD car that can keep up with a GTR. Let's see GM build a car that doesnt feel cheap inside.

I am no BMW fanboy and was no comparing the too.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #13
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
Don't be so angry. I like Corvettes and have owned them and raced them. My knowledge comes from personal experience. I am sorry reading magazines has not informed you about this flaw. The Modern Corvettes have very advanced traction control systems to help this. But I just thought it was funny because it's brand new and already crashed. if GM would have made the new Vette Mid engine and use a small forced induction motor I would buy another one.

Also the Ford Mustang is the most popular by far not the Vette.

That 2 seater comment is silly. Let's see GM come out with a AWD car that can keep up with a GTR. Let's see GM build a car that doesnt feel cheap inside.

I am no BMW fanboy and was no comparing the too.
The point is, you have not driven the C7, you don't know any of the detail regarding the accident, all you've seen is a picture on the internet of a pre-production C7 off the road in a ditch next to a wall of rock and some scrapes on the driver’s side, and you make a silly comment that the new C7 is as crash-able as the old model. Came across as a bit boyism to me.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 10:01 PM   #14
buildbright
Major
Rep

Quote:
The point is, you have not driven the C7, you don't know any of the detail regarding the accident, all you've seen is a picture on the internet of a pre-production C7 off the road in a ditch next to a wall of rock and some scrapes on the driver’s side, and you make a silly comment that the new C7 is as crash-able as the old model. Came across as a bit fanboyism to me.
The post was meant to be light hearted. I find it humorous that if you make a joke or critique something you are a "fanboy" which to me is the most ridiculous term for a grown adult to say. Also by your terms I am about as knowledgeable about the accident as you are about Corvettes in general because I have only read about it and not drove one.

I am not going to argue any more or defend my comments. Good Day.

Last edited by buildbright; 04-30-2015 at 02:51 PM..
Appreciate 0