BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

01-27-2012, 12:07 AM   #111
Q4P
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Much

It came down to some federal 40 cal ammo for $16 bucks... it will do the trick for some target range practice.
      01-27-2012, 04:54 AM   #112
ChaneRZ
If You Aint First, You're last !!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 335i, 01 Honda Prelude

I have my Glock 23 and AK 47. Both reliable.

08 BMW BSM 335i 6MT (Sports, Premium, NAV, PDC, AS, IPOD, HD Radio, Rear Sunshade, OEM Alarm) Angel iBright V3, Luminics Fog Bulb, Turbo Tuner, K&N Drop in Filter, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan Pedals, Vorsteiner CF Front Lip, and CF Rear Diffuser. Ordered:08/25/07 Started: 09/09/07 Finished: 09/14/07 On Ship: 09/15/07 Arrived: 10/08/07 Delivered: 10/10/07
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #113
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
On the topic of ammo, I buy remington UMC ball 9mm for paper, not many issues with this ammo. Federal 124gr hydra-shok hollow points for my nightstand drawer.

Old thread, but I really do like my new Glock 19 Gen 4. Coming from firing military rifles, and then a beretta 9mm, the G19G4 (not sure if this is really the shortened way to say it, I just did lol) is really a nice handgun. It's not as compact as most of these for concealed carry, but it's fun to shoot at the range. I'm comfortable with 9mm too, so I like to shoot this. I keep it close by my bed if I need it at night.

Oh, and there's also my 12 gauge remington 870 with the short barrel in the closet

Lots of people talking about how it feels to actually shoot at a living being here too. I know it's an old thread, and don't want to stir up arguments again, but even when I am out deer hunting I see this. With my rifle, I am dead on with my scope and never have issues. Then you get that big deer in the scope and your adrenaline and nerves kick in I can't quite imagine what it would be like while actually fighting someone or having a gun pointed back in your direction.

The reason for training is so you can learn some muscle memory. If you train often enough, and in some different situations, you'll train your muscles to basically do things on instinct. Now under stress this will change (nothing you can do about it) but your body can and usually does remember the basics, so you have a better chance than if you've done little or no training at all. Just my 2 cents!
      01-27-2012, 09:52 AM   #114
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

You are exactly right about muscle memory. There is also a psychological component as well. You will never learn a new skill in a gunfight. You only have whats onboard when the shit goes down.

People often ask me how many rounds they should use while practicing. Should I use the whole box? I reply with how big is the box? I usually fire about 500 rounds per session pistol. Rifle is a different matter entirely. 150 rounds its just a warm up, but if you are dilligent, you can get some solid practice out of a 150 round session.

Becoming good or great at anything requires time and money. Bullets are expensive, but compared to the cost of your life, who cares?

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2012, 09:34 AM   #115
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Old thread, but I really do like my new Glock 19 Gen 4. Coming from firing military rifles, and then a beretta 9mm, the G19G4 (not sure if this is really the shortened way to say it, I just did lol) is really a nice handgun. It's not as compact as most of these for concealed carry, but it's fun to shoot at the range. I'm comfortable with 9mm too, so I like to shoot this. I keep it close by my bed if I need it at night.
I recently picked up a G19 Gen 4 as well. Love it although I am having slight ejection issues (throws a random shell at my face every now and then). So far I am very happy with it, although not sure I am a fan of the Zombie ammo I bought on a whim for PP.

Mike, I shoot about 150-200 rounds a session. Then I move on to clays usually. The closest range to me is about 30 minutes away so I try and get use out of everything while I am there.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0