BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > DIY Guides/ Discussions

10-19-2014, 12:34 PM   #1
thomaszas
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White X6M

Removing plastic clips to hose on radiator (power steering hose) ???

Pretty new to this car and me and a buddy recently changed the alternator. We apparently failed to tuck in what seems to be a power steering hose and it appears that the alternator belt cut the line. I am trying to remove the hose so I can order a replacement and get the car back on the road, but have been stuck for what seems like hours now. I can't get the damn hose off the clips holding it to the rad. I snapped a picture of what I'm looking at, not sure if anyone can chime in. There is flimsy small plastic clip that I already removed but now it seems like the main plastic attachment is holding the hose on and I can't figure out how to pry it. There are some white tabs that I tried to push/pull, now it just seems like I'm beating up the plastic and may have to replace them too, so I've stopped. I tried to search but I honestly am not sure what I'm looking at so my searched have failed.
-------------------------------------vvvvvvvv Pointing down at it here

---------------------------------------^^^^^^ Pointing up at it here
I actually need to remove the hose underneath the one pictured but they are the same style and it seems like I need to remove the top one to get to the bottom one anyway.
Thanks

Update:
Ok, after searching around I have found the part numbers and what these hoses are called 32412283598 is the hose to the plastic clip that I damaged in trying to gain access to part number 32412283898 which is the return house that was cut by the alternator belt and needs replacement.
Tom

Last edited by thomaszas; 10-19-2014 at 05:10 PM..
Appreciate 0