BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

08-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #67
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectile View Post
I think the Camaro is a very nice looking car: has anyone else noticed the exterior styling similarities to the A5?
A5? Eh! Nope.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 11:01 AM   #68
Dr.G
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Not enough room!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosety2009 View Post
alright guys and gals, I went......

without a shadow of a doubt the Camero beats the Mustang and the Challenger in all aspects!

......conversation M3 vs. Camero?

http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z...k-Concept.aspx
so why did car and driver's comparisons rate the mustang significantly better than the camaro? if i remember correctly the stang was the winner by a large margin. performance fit finish erogonocics fuel efficiency in a smaller more focused package which accelerated and braked just as quickly but with much better body dynamics since its lugging less weight

grant you this is the same car magazine that says the m3 is the best car in the world and the m3 dct is the second best ... they also picked the m3 over a gtr and a 997tt

I have driven the new mustang and the new camaro and all i have to say is the mustang is worlds apart from the camaro. everything in the mustang feels like its been meticulously overhauled over the past generation. the camaro was a great exercise from gm but ford has a homerun.

flame away
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 11:31 AM   #69
SoreHead
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 coupe - Manual

Garage List
2009 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.G View Post
so why did car and driver's comparisons rate the mustang significantly better than the camaro? if i remember correctly the stang was the winner by a large margin. performance fit finish erogonocics fuel efficiency in a smaller more focused package which accelerated and braked just as quickly but with much better body dynamics since its lugging less weight

grant you this is the same car magazine that says the m3 is the best car in the world and the m3 dct is the second best ... they also picked the m3 over a gtr and a 997tt

I have driven the new mustang and the new camaro and all i have to say is the mustang is worlds apart from the camaro. everything in the mustang feels like its been meticulously overhauled over the past generation. the camaro was a great exercise from gm but ford has a homerun.

flame away
Actually it was slower than the Camaro but they preferred it all the same. It was quicker in some tests than the Challenger (or was it Charger?). The Camaro was faster in all tests though so it wasn't performance the Mustang won one.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 07:10 PM   #70
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Waterfall Vert

Saw a new Camero at a car show last weekend, looked nice in person, sounded even better.
For 35k it's a great car.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2009, 08:14 PM   #71
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Well, if you think the interior of the Camaro is good looking, then get that. No question.
      08-17-2009, 08:16 PM   #72
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
nice write up Sub!
looked at one a month or 2 ago at koons tysons but wont get to test drive it unless your a buyer.
Which dealerhip in the Alex-Sprngfld-VanDorn area did you go to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUB-ZERO View Post
Dude, I am a car lover and can surely appreciate all cool cars. However, I drove a Camaro SS the other day in Alexandria and while it sure has power...there is no comparison to any BMW..especially anything with an ///M on it. It's not very refined and I would love to see it a track. I performed a few on/off ramp drives on 395 (near alexandria/arlington) and if I would of pushed it a bit more I would of wrecked. My 2005 G35 Coupe handles much better although it doesn't have the straight-line performance of the SS.

Is it a nice car...sure

Would I buy one....no

Can it give the ///M a challenge in a straight line....yes

Around the bends?....not in a million years

Exterior/Interior/Features?....never...not even in a million years.

Quality/Durability? No

Apples to Oranges comparison....maybe an organically grown juicy red apple to some steroid grown green apple that hasn't really riped and that is sold at Walmart..LOL.

=SZ
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 04:02 PM   #73
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

http://www.fastestlaps.com/track16.html
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #74
wiggyx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2004 Neon SRT-4

Quote:

flame away
Automobile Magazine (a mag that is actually still relevant) found no clear winner, but the SS did outperform the 'Stang.

It really depends on why you're buying a car when picking a "winner". I'd buy a GT-R or 997 over an M3 any day (yeah, I know I'm on an M board). the M is too much of a bloated lux car for my tastes. I'd far rather have a car whose majority focus is on performance (like an E30 M), but that's my taste, and it may not match yours.

I'd take the SS BTW. Better looking too IMO.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 06:10 PM   #75
pepper
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

that's just plain sick.

someone who buys a M has good taste. someone who buys a SS wants the dirty crack head blonde, and they can have them..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 06:14 PM   #76
Robo Squirrel
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggyx View Post
Automobile Magazine (a mag that is actually still relevant) found no clear winner, but the SS did outperform the 'Stang.

It really depends on why you're buying a car when picking a "winner". I'd buy a GT-R or 997 over an M3 any day (yeah, I know I'm on an M board). the M is too much of a bloated lux car for my tastes. I'd far rather have a car whose majority focus is on performance (like an E30 M), but that's my taste, and it may not match yours.

if i could afford a 997 or the gtr came with stick shift id get one of those. also the gtr weighs more than the current M3. Would i like my car to be lighter....fuck yes. but i got the M b/c it is a collection of the things i like most about cars and i could afford it to some degree.
      08-18-2009, 06:27 PM   #77
Dr.G
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggyx View Post

i wouldn't say automobile mag is better than C&D, C&D is one of the few that actually look at the whole car and not just performance. If that was not reality everyone would buy a Lotus with no back window
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 06:28 PM   #78
Dr.G
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremecruiser View Post
Once you see the new Camero in person, you wonder why the pictures looked so good to you.
At least it doesn't leak... i think!

SORRY MAN I HAD TO!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 08:43 PM   #79
Robo Squirrel
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

ive seen a few in person....they are sweet looking, just not my style
      08-18-2009, 09:03 PM   #80
bobbyd1961
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue

camaro is a good looking car in fact i think i like the rear better than the vette and i used to drive a vette. however im sorry to tell you not in the same universe as the M3 . please dont even try to debate it.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 11:17 PM   #81
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

I think the camaro and challenger look hideous IMO.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2009, 01:09 AM   #82
Dr.G
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by graider View Post
I think the camaro and challenger look hideous IMO.
Hes got a brain to go with the balls

I also don't like the fact that the challenger is massive, even the camaro is a BIG car
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 02:52 PM   #83
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
At least it doesn't leak... i think!

SORRY MAN I HAD TO!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2009, 11:00 PM   #84
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

wow please i drove one and it sucked!!!!

it was just fast in a st8 line in my opinion, it didnt make me confident taking turns at all....

inside was so cheap...

i would take the vette
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #85
burrito007
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e46 M3

m3 has ben my favorite car for as long as I have been interested in driving. However, bumblebee has been my favorite toy for longer. Sorry m3, bumblebee wins this one.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 04:10 PM   #86
spike357
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: The 1st 2008 e92 M3 in NV

Garage List
2008 e92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
wait next year for the 5.0L Track pack Mustang.

Ford engineers would run it around a track with the E92 M3. And apparently (as reported by Car and driver) the stang eclipsed the performance of the M3.
Difficult to fathom given the stang's live axle. This should be very interesting. I'd never buy a mustang, but I'm glad that the US is starting to build respectable cars again.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2009, 09:47 PM   #87
icemang17
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBlue371 View Post
wait next year for the 5.0L Track pack Mustang.

Ford engineers would run it around a track with the E92 M3. And apparently (as reported by Car and driver) the stang eclipsed the performance of the M3.
comparing a stock M3 against a "track pack" Mustang is inherently unfair.....any car that has been modified to improve its on track performance gives away HUGE amounts of comfort-driveability on the street....sure on a super smooth racetrack the mustang might put down better times? BUT take an M3 with similar mods and its a different story.... (kinda like how there is a E92 M3 in ALMS, but oddly no mustang?)

Also take the two out of some real life "backroads"....the mustangs live axle and super stiff springs will make it nearly undriveable.....
1989 Porsche 928S4 track beast!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #88
Bunkei
Anti-Fanboy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

I was really hyped about the new Camaro .. until I saw the interior. Retro is nice, but not for the interior. GM should have done with Chrysler did and went retro for the exterior, but a modern interior where functionality takes precedence over form.
Appreciate 0