BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

10-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #45
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbo335 View Post
Like you said, we are entitled to our own opinion. Stop crying about it and get over it that some people don't like it. (I'm not the only one in this thread). People on the internet are too sensitive these days..

I am comparing Mini and BMW because I don't see how a Acura NSX is equal to a Honda Civic overseas. I'm pretty sure if someone put a Mini steering wheel on their M3 people would be bashing also..

I don't see any resemblance between the Lamborghini and Audi btw.. Gallardo & S4
Are you just selectively reading or not getting the point? I said I respect that fact that you don't like it, that's fine and settled. I'm saying you come off snobby to think a Civic steering doesn't belong in an NSX. People would certainly bash if someone put a Mini steering wheel in their M3, because the M3 steering wheel is just as good if not better. They would probably bash because of the badge too. But not because it's an inferior car, but the fact that you're mixing parts from 2 SEPARATE brands. Acura and Honda is the same brand offering the same cars around the globe. Just because it was put on Civic does not imply that it isn't good enough for an NSX.

Really? No resemblance? There are so many iterations of this steering reupholstered and presented in different ways by the VAG group. I've spent enough time and money in my old car to know what parts Audi/VW/Lamborghini shares. I guess Lamborghini should rip out that horrible headunit they share with Audi as well.
      10-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #46
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M Coupe

Wow. That's an incredible amount of work done to the outside and inside of the car. Kudos. The steering wheel looks fine with the alcantara and CF. More functional than a momo nsx-r steering wheel.

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2011, 03:04 PM   #47
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Nice car. Only aspect I will nitpick are the sideskirts, should have been flush with the body.
      10-26-2011, 03:50 PM   #48
Carbon6Composites
Registered
Rep
Drives: Acura NSX

I just wanted to drop in a few notes on the steering wheel. I realize the application is subject to interpretation. Like it or hate it, there are a few things to note however. I did have a Momo wheel on the car first. They feel nice but don't really match the shape of the column trim and tend to "stand out". Also, you need a really long hub to push the steering wheel to an optimal position. Every other premium car wheel Honda makes are to large in diameter (RL, TL etc). The Civic wheel fits perfect in shape. The internals of the wheel are all custom. The Bluetooth, hands free and microphone from the Acura RDX Audio and Nav system have been build into the wheel. Also, the triggers for the VRH (Variable Ride Height) system are on the back of the wheel at the 9 and 3 positions. The function of it works perfect, just like driving a car 20 years newer with all the conveniences you expect.

Jeff
Appreciate 0