BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

02-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #1
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009

Unhappy I don't know how to feel about this...

I don't know how to feel about this....should i feel bad...or should I just say...so what's new?
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/26/living...html?hpt=hp_c2

She said she prefers dating married men because they tend to be more paternal and offer a steadier source of income than single men.

Then again...

Without the extra income, Cervantes said she'd be back at the homeless shelter she lived in for three months in 2009.

I don't know.....is our system this broken? or are we this broken?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
Crimson92
Smiling Politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a boss

well if you have men stupid enough to do it, then good luck to both of ya.

Shah are you trying to find yourself a nice man?
      02-26-2013, 01:45 PM   #3
catherineanh
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435xi M Sport

this is basically prostitution.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Both sides are willing participants so I see no issue here.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #5
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Both sides are willing participants so I see no issue here.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #6
TwinTurboed
Turbo Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherinelam View Post
this is basically prostitution.
If it's single men are paying these ladies to go on dates and have sex, then that's fine. No one is forcing the female to do it, she is doing it by choice.

But, for married men to come and cheat on their wive's with these females is absolutely disgusting. No wonder this country is losing it's charms, finding people with good moral's is rare nowadays.
      02-26-2013, 02:18 PM   #7
catherineanh
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435xi M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Brown135 View Post
If it's single men are paying these ladies to go on dates and have sex, then that's fine. No one is forcing the female to do it, she is doing it by choice.

But, for married men to come and cheat on their wive's with these females is absolutely disgusting. No wonder this country is losing it's charms, finding people with good moral's is rare nowadays.
prostitutes do it by choice to to get money to meet their means. this is kind of the same thing, but "legal".

either way, it's disgusting.

i recently came across an ad for men or women who want to have an affair
their tag line is: "life is short. have an affair"
http://www.ashleymadison.com/

its quite sad that our society has these unethical sites. it makes it so easy. no morals or values anymore.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #8
Kwando
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

These poor women. Same women who demand equality rights.

http://www.businessinsider.com/confe...tchcom-2011-11
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 02:25 PM   #9
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:

Yeah, because businessmen didn't even think of banging their secretaries in the 50s. Priests have been banging little boys and girls for hundreds of years. Thomas Jefferson? Oopsies! Yeah, it's definitely a modern problem. We need to face the facts... it's human nature and it always has been.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #10
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
prostitutes do it by choice to to get money to meet their means. this is kind of the same thing, but "legal".

its quite sad that our society has these unethical sites. it makes it so easy. no morals or values anymore.
I don't see the issue. If there are so many men using these sites then there were no real moral values to start with. All the sites did was make it easier for the LAZY morally corrupt to partake in their endeavors. Also I don't know about the sites mentioned here specifically, but many of these sites that advertise having affairs or meeting local women are just scams and fronts for prostitution operations.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 02:28 PM   #11
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

^^(To KOJ's post)But back then it was hidden. Today things like that are the "norm" and in some cases encouraged. American culture is garbage these days.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 02:33 PM   #12
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S View Post
^^(To KOJ's post)But back then it was hidden. Today things like that are the "norm" and in some cases encouraged. American culture is garbage these days.
That somehow makes it better?

Please don't try to tell me this is an American issue. There are other cultures who force women to cover themselves from head to toe to keep them from tempting men, who can't restrain themselves from raping them. Give me a fucking break.

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #13
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep

well what makes me feel sick is not so much the older fuckers fucking the young ladies for money....that's been going on for ages.
It's that these ladies are on their way to getting an education and this says that our education system is fucked up.

But then again....sigh...the world is fucked up......

God think about it...you meet this nice girl right out of university...and after you get married you are talking about how you as a dick worked two jobs to pay for your education and she says she had to work two dicks to pay for hers....WTF would you say? do....think?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 02:55 PM   #14
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
The first red flag is "I paid my own way through college"

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 02:56 PM   #15
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
That somehow makes it better?

Please don't try to tell me this is an American issue. There are other cultures who force women to cover themselves from head to toe to keep them from tempting men, who can't restrain themselves from raping them. Give me a fucking break.
I think it is a Western Civilization issue. It is clear as day that we are devolving. Look at what was risque back then compared to what is today. Not to mention a breakdown of the traditional family unit and an escalating rate of children born out of wedlock.

Its not an issue for other cultures because they are still stuck in the stone age because of their barbaric religions. Not all cultures are equal no matter how many times a tweed wearing liberal professor might tell you.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 03:00 PM   #16
TwinTurboed
Turbo Power
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Disgusting. A lot of people of this generation are brought up poorly, with bad morals. No respect towards others.

Olden days, were truly the golden days. The people from our parents and grand parents generation had such good morals and respect towards each other. I look up to my grandpa and strive to be like him. The man kept his word, all his life, was married to the same woman for 70 years and loved her dearly to his very last breath. He treated everyone with such respect, women especially. "They don't make em' like they used to."
      02-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #17
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S View Post
I think it is a Western Civilization issue. It is clear as day that we are devolving. Look at what was risque back then compared to what is today. Not to mention a breakdown of the traditional family unit and an escalating rate of children born out of wedlock.

Its not an issue for other cultures because they are still stuck in the stone age because of their barbaric religions. Not all cultures are equal no matter how many times a tweed wearing liberal professor might tell you.
Some facts about the demographics regarding children born out of wedlock:

Quote:
BABIES OUT OF WEDLOCK
Compared to the 1990s when a third of Americans were born out of wedlock, now 41 per cent of babies do not have married parents.

There are racial divides:
73% of black babies are born outside marriage
53% of of Latino babies are born outside marriage
29% of white babies are born outside marriage

And educational divides:
92% of college-educated women are married when they have a child
62% of those with post-secondary schooling are married when they give birth
43% of women with a high school diploma are married when they give birth
Data compiled by Child Trends
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2M2eJi0hs

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #18
shah269
Major
United_States
Rep

I look up to my grandpa and strive to be like him. The man kept his word, all his life, was married to the same woman for 70 years
Brother I don't want to get emotional but that almost made me cry...shut the fuck up real men cry....my grandfather is the same....and since my grandmother passed away from cancer he hasn't been the same....

Look I don't mean to be a dick...I'm very sex positive. That is to say I see sex as a very positive part of my life and nothing makes a relationship stronger than good sex....but...shit.....i don't even know where to begin with this one?

On one hand I have this rational part of me that says...hey it's life bitch...get use to it...girl has looks lacks money...guy has money so he pays for her looks......such is life man up.

On the other hand....i want a more perfect more loving world.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 03:17 PM   #19
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

^Well who says they don't still exists? If you yourself are that way, why wouldn't there be others? But then are you really that way or you just romantically envision yourself as such in your swooning moods?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #20
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep

Really is alarming that 3/4 black babies are born to single mothers. I think its not looked at as a negative anymore as more people are dependent on the government and the government loves that kind of stuff. The black community certainly doesnt care about those numbers. They have bigger priorities like complaining about Super Bowl commercials being racist.

But I think those numbers back up my statement about our culture and its decline. The numbers are increasing for whites and Hispanics too. Although some would say African American culture is different than mainstream American culture. You cant blame poverty for those numbers either since numbers wise there are more whites living in poverty than any other ethnic group.

Another contributing factor to the decline of our culture is the emasculation of the American male. But thats another few paragraphs not worth getting into as I feel like im rambling at this point.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #21
TwinTurboed
Turbo Power
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
^Well who says they don't still exists? If you yourself are that way, why wouldn't there be others? But then are you really that way or you just romantically envision yourself as such in your swooning moods?
I have had a couple of girlfriends, but i have been with my current girlfriend for 4 years and will be proposing to her soon. So, I think it would be safe to say my grandad would be proud of me.
      02-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #22
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Disgusting. A lot of people of this generation are brought up poorly, with bad morals. No respect towards others.

Olden days, were truly the golden days. The people from our parents and grand parents generation had such good morals and respect towards each other. I look up to my grandpa and strive to be like him. The man kept his word, all his life, was married to the same woman for 70 years and loved her dearly to his very last breath. He treated everyone with such respect, women especially. "They don't make em' like they used to."
I'm sure your grandpa was a great man, but to say that just because your grandpa was that so was every other man in the 50's is bs. I'm positive there were just as many assholes back then as there are now. This idea of the "good old days" is simply not true and can be mostly attributed to nostalgia.
Appreciate 0