BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Closed Thread

09-10-2011, 06:32 PM   #1
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
Both A/C and heat stopped working randomly??!?

I'm so frustrated... or should I say drenched in sweat, from driving home.

I left the car at the car wash, went to the gym, came back and picked it up. Obviously didn't roll down windows as to not fudge up the car wash.

Go to turn on the A/C - nothing. Turn it up higher, nothing. Decided to try heat to see if that works, still nothing.

Tried cycling the ignition a few times. Feels like compressor still kicks on with the snowflake, but absolutely no air blows out of any vents.

I'm melting - and horrible timing for me as I just sold the Jaguar last week and my seven series is at the shop for another week. I kept the windows up the whole way home, no fun.

What do you guys think it might be?

I'm thinking either a fuse, blower motor, or resistor. I am going to go back downstairs after I eat and start poking around. First I'll try to find a blown fuse, then I'll make sure the compressor kicks, then I'll try to activate HVAC functions using my laptop to see if something fails there..

Any other ideas are welcomed. Or if you've had this happened to you and know what was done to fix it, please chime in.

For only having 34K miles and being meticulously maintained, this should not have happened this early.

Also, if anyone sees this post that I havent responded to yet via email or PM regarding coding/programming - sorry about that and I will get back to you in the next few days. My video card burned out yesterday, so I'm a bit behind and waiting for a replacement card. What's up with all the random electronics breaking!

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread