BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

02-11-2008, 12:27 PM   #23
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e90

That car is going to kick ass, but i really enjoy sports cars that have LESS torque. Anymore than 400ft/lbs of torque IMO ruins your ability to rev and listen to the engine. I'm sure lots of you will disagree with me.

Oh, and i also think the regular R8 looks better.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 02:45 PM   #24
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmotion View Post
If only my parents are still around - I have children in college. And there are plenty of people on forums from various financial backgrounds.
Oh I never doubted you, I was just curious because we just had one guy banned from this board that turned out to be a poser. Anyways, awesome stable. I'm ridiculously jealous .
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 10:09 PM   #25
inmotion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: where do I start?

I actually wouldn't mind selling the R8 for the V12 version - I do wonder what the 12 cylinder diesel would sound like though. Only days after taking deliver that I had to take the rings off the hood. I'll probably be open to letting her go towards the end of the year.
Attached Images

On order: 2010 R8 V10
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 10:17 PM   #26
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

So jealous...

I tried getting my dad to buy one, but there's a 3 year waiting list at our dealers. He's thinking about an AMV8 now. We borrowed a DB9 Volante and the car was absolute rubbish. I honestly don't think I'd be able to stand it every day. The wind noise was terrible - worst I've ever experienced actually, the A/C wheezed and whistled, the handling was sluggish, the comfort was nonexistant, etc. We could go on and on about how dissapointing it is. Now, apparently the V8 is a whole different thing according to my dad. He was invited to a track day event (first he's ever been to in fact) and it seems that he's now deeply interested in getting one.

I'm still searching for available R8's that won't take a lifetime to arrive.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2008, 10:55 PM   #27
inmotion
Lieutenant
Rep

The Vantage is a great tourer. My dealer sent me off in a loaner in one for two days and I was quite impressed with the finish. However, it is severely underpowered. I went out on a drive with some friends and it was tough to keep up with them in that car. Now, the Vantage Vert is quite a sexy machine......perfect for Socal weather.

The R8 is a great car with superb handling. It would benefit quite a bit with a slight bump in hp, but the car is very composed. Fun car overall. My dealer just told me they are 20 cars deep on the wait list, which the high volume dealers will likely be allocated 5-7 cars for the year. It would also be pretty tough to get one for msrp. Most are marking it up 20K, just like the RSs.

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2008, 03:39 AM   #28
BMW DIET
Captain
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 2007/330coupe/silv/BBSch

02-13-2008, 03:39 AM   #29
inmotion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
So jealous...

I tried getting my dad to buy one, but there's a 3 year waiting list at our dealers. He's thinking about an AMV8 now. We borrowed a DB9 Volante and the car was absolute rubbish. I honestly don't think I'd be able to stand it every day. The wind noise was terrible - worst I've ever experienced actually, the A/C wheezed and whistled, the handling was sluggish, the comfort was nonexistant, etc. We could go on and on about how dissapointing it is. Now, apparently the V8 is a whole different thing according to my dad. He was invited to a track day event (first he's ever been to in fact) and it seems that he's now deeply interested in getting one.

I'm still searching for available R8's that won't take a lifetime to arrive.
You should also have your dad take a look at the Blackseries. A buddy of mine purchased one for significantly under msrp...it looks like this market's affectign even the upper end vehicle sales. The sound that comes from the exhaust is like no other AMG and the loads of torque is very impressive. He was able to keep up with me in the 430, so it says a lot about that car. I'm not much of a MB fan, but if I were to make an exception, this would be it. Car can be had for about $8k under msrp whereas 6 months ago, it would be $15k over msrp.

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 08:05 AM   #30
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You should also have your dad take a look at the Blackseries. A buddy of mine purchased one for significantly under msrp...it looks like this market's affectign even the upper end vehicle sales. The sound that comes from the exhaust is like no other AMG and the loads of torque is very impressive. He was able to keep up with me in the 430, so it says a lot about that car. I'm not much of a MB fan, but if I were to make an exception, this would be it. Car can be had for about $8k under msrp whereas 6 months ago, it would be $15k over msrp.
I hadn't done my research on the BlackSeries. I knew they had some upgrades over the AMG, but the CLK Black is awesome. It just needs a stick!!!!
It seems to dominate the M6 in every category, even handling. BMW needs to come out with a M+ series or something. The competition is getting fierce.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 12:19 PM   #31
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

sweeeeeeeeet
      02-13-2008, 05:25 PM   #32
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

Quote:
Already put name down for a trade with R8..this thing is quite an achievement for minimal weight addition.
Wow bro...I saw ur sig....If all of that is true(CLS55,f430,gallardo,etc)....Can you give us some advice to the poor like me on how to make 'dough' the right way?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 09:59 PM   #33
inmotion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post
Wow bro...I saw ur sig....If all of that is true(CLS55,f430,gallardo,etc)....Can you give us some advice to the poor like me on how to make 'dough' the right way?
just keep your eyes open for opportunity - it's never lost, only goes knocking next door if you are not prepared to answer the door.

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 10:17 PM   #34
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndon_h View Post
I hadn't done my research on the BlackSeries. I knew they had some upgrades over the AMG, but the CLK Black is awesome. It just needs a stick!!!!
It seems to dominate the M6 in every category, even handling. BMW needs to come out with a M+ series or something. The competition is getting fierce.
M CSL. Coupe Sport Lightweight. Same thing as the black series more or less.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2008, 11:46 PM   #35
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

Quote:
just keep your eyes open for opportunity - it's never lost, only goes knocking next door if you are not prepared to answer the door.
...!

Hmm...makes me wonder how to make the right choices...Anyway, time will tell
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2008, 08:23 AM   #36
lyndon_h
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
M CSL. Coupe Sport Lightweight. Same thing as the black series more or less.
Very true, only problem is that i can't go out and buy a CSL (if i had the money ).
Appreciate 0