BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

09-18-2008, 01:42 PM   #1
BimmerRob08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

Exhaust upgrade, RPM acceleration increase?

The only sport exhaust I've ever had installed was on a motorcycle and car. On the motorbike, a '94 FZR 600. It was apparent that the sport 4-into-1 exhaust system made a difference on performance/sound. On my '04 Saab 93 Aero which is a turbo 4cyl. I had a Borla muffler installed and it was noticable that the engine would spool up RPM's a bit faster.

So with the M3 V8, anyone that has installed a Remus, Corsa, Eisenman, etc. Exhaust system CAT-back notice a difference in performance? The sound is obvious but do you think the engine increases RPM's any faster? I know Remus states a 8hp gain at the wheel but just wondering if the acceleration is improved. thanks fella's.

Rob
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2008, 01:49 PM   #2
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

I had Supersprint sports on my car for a bit and noticed no difference in RPM acceleration. Could be one, but it's too small to notice
      09-18-2008, 02:15 PM   #3
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3_SG

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
The only sport exhaust I've ever had installed was on a motorcycle and car. On the motorbike, a '94 FZR 600. It was apparent that the sport 4-into-1 exhaust system made a difference on performance/sound. On my '04 Saab 93 Aero which is a turbo 4cyl. I had a Borla muffler installed and it was noticable that the engine would spool up RPM's a bit faster.

So with the M3 V8, anyone that has installed a Remus, Corsa, Eisenman, etc. Exhaust system CAT-back notice a difference in performance? The sound is obvious but do you think the engine increases RPM's any faster? I know Remus states a 8hp gain at the wheel but just wondering if the acceleration is improved. thanks fella's.

Rob
I have Eisenmann Sport. Granted it could be psychological; however the car does seem to breathe much better; especially at high RPM's..more sensitive to throttle input. Keep in mind, these are only mufflers and not a full exhaust systems, so change in HP is negligible

2008 E92M3-Space Gray
Eisenmann Sport Exhaust_MT/Loaded

Last edited by DJ9; 09-18-2008 at 03:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2008, 02:22 PM   #4
Nate@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ9 View Post
I have Eisenmann Sport. Granted it could be psychological; however the car does seem to breather much better; especially at high RPM's..more sensitive to throttle input. Keep in mind, these are only mufflers and not a full exhaust systems, so change in HP is negligible
What's up Dave,

Are you still enjoying the Eisenmann Sport?
      09-18-2008, 03:29 PM   #5
DJ9
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3_SG

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
What's up Dave,

Are you still enjoying the Eisenmann Sport?
What's going on Nate. Not one thing negative to say, love it even more now

2008 E92M3-Space Gray
Eisenmann Sport Exhaust_MT/Loaded
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 07:33 PM   #6
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post

Rob
Rob, You would probably want to stick with Cat-back exhausts if you're looking for performance. I'm not too sure about the RPMs increasing faster, but I know you will feel (if any) some improvement with mufflers only. The Remus is definitely the best priced exhaust for what it gives. Usually, gains shown by the manufacturer itself is always a little forgiving, but there is definitely improvement in power and throttle response.
Appreciate 0