BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM
Closed Thread

04-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #23
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

Something weird going on here, those are definitely shat welds.

I have had nothing but exceptional service from IND.

Like I said, there is more story here than what we see.

Not pointing the finger here, just really bad welds, would not ever pass a QA test, it is all pitted.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2009, 04:03 PM   #24
doba_s
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 l Cayenne l 997.2RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doru in Romania View Post
it came directly from eisenmann germany exactly as you see it. has nothing to do with ind. no middleman, distributor or anything.
Then why are you even mention their name here ? Some people might think it was purchased from them ....
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2009, 05:18 PM   #25
argonboy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by doba_s View Post
Then why are you even mention their name here ? Some people might think it was purchased from them ....
Chill out buddy, you're the one who asked if he bought it from IND. The first issue (started in a diff thread) was that Eisenmann does NOT polish them, but the above mentioned US distributor does, therefore US forum members have nicely polished ones.

Generally you can expect that if a manufacturer releases sub-par quality products it will have varying effects through all sales channels if they don't manage it well. It's still an Eisenmann product.
      04-11-2009, 05:21 PM   #26
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

your original post is misleading, I knew something was fishy when you started mentioning IND b/c I know from personal experience they stand behind what they sell, and don't have any problem w/ spending my hard earned $$$ there...I suggest you edit your first post b/c word of mouth hurts many businesses prime example 360 Forged...Contact Eisenmann Directly or better yet take a drive out there...

sucks yours is messed up but I believe/hope Eisenmann will stand behind there product...again Edit post b/c its misleading....IND FTMFW!!!

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2009, 05:48 PM   #27
ChitownM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 SS Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta View Post
your original post is misleading, I knew something was fishy when you started mentioning IND b/c I know from personal experience they stand behind what they sell, and don't have any problem w/ spending my hard earned $$$ there...I suggest you edit your first post b/c word of mouth hurts many businesses prime example 360 Forged...Contact Eisenmann Directly or better yet take a drive out there...

sucks yours is messed up but I believe/hope Eisenmann will stand behind there product...again Edit post b/c its misleading....IND FTMFW!!!
Totally agree. The first thread is misleading and unfair to IND.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2009, 07:44 PM   #28
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

+1 unfair, and I am surprised Eisenmann sells direct, still does not sound right
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2009, 08:13 PM   #29
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by argonboy View Post
Chill out buddy, you're the one who asked if he bought it from IND. The first issue (started in a diff thread) was that Eisenmann does NOT polish them, but the above mentioned US distributor does, therefore US forum members have nicely polished ones.

Generally you can expect that if a manufacturer releases sub-par quality products it will have varying effects through all sales channels if they don't manage it well. It's still an Eisenmann product.
Hey buddy, OP mentioned IND in his very first sentence. OK, buddy?
      04-11-2009, 11:36 PM   #30
Doru in Romania
Private First Class
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2012 525d xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by doba_s View Post
just wanted to be clear, only replied to somebody's question. never known who ind is, was just complaining about a quality issue when whole staff of ind jumped on me without being mentioned anyhow anyway. they even managed to have my post deleted on m3forum.net after posting evidence about eisenman's behaviour and phoney information.
and yes, eisenmann is selling to whoever send them orders regardless the dealers, they are happy to get 20% extra cash for same product they sell to dealers by shipping directly to anybody. of course it does not sound right simply because it isn't.
my personal oppinion is that we are dealing here with a dishonest mother company that sells poor quality products and do not follow the agreements settled with the dealers. at list this was my own experience. ind has nothing to do with it, other that polishing the exhausts makes them look better and eventually hide manufacturing flows. that was why i asked nate to post close-ups of the welds on their mufflers. it also may be quality difference between us/eu delivered products or an misfortunate acident with my single muffler only. we will never kow if we don't cooperate. ultimatelly this is a consumer not a vendor forum. i just hate brainwashing advertising and reputation built on that.

Last edited by Doru in Romania; 04-12-2009 at 12:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 12:29 AM   #31
Crazy Bimmer
The Jesal
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Smile

IND staff didnt "jump on you". They just explained the situation and wanted to see if they could help. It didnt come off as them harassing you at all. IMO

I wish the forum didnt delete that thread either. After reading that thread, i still wonder why you even put the exhaust on in the first place. You were extremely unhappy with Eisenmann Germany way before even seeing the welds or hearing the product. I can understand your frustration and i really do hope Eisenmann of Germany is able to make this right for you though.

Also IND polishing the mufflers does not hide anything. Please stop thinking theres some big cover up story here.

I personally dont weld so I have no idea if those are good welds or not. I do know there are many ways to do a good weld though, even when they dont look pretty. Maybe someone who does it for a living can chime in.
      04-12-2009, 12:39 AM   #32
Doru in Romania
Private First Class
Romania
Rep

@jesal
i just wanted the story finished, don't have the time for this mess. then i got pissed they deleted the thread because there was nothing personal or not true there that's all. seems there are more sellers than buyers here.
      04-12-2009, 12:59 AM   #33
bigjae1976
Major General
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
+1 unfair, and I am surprised Eisenmann sells direct, still does not sound right
Yes, most companies don't even bother because of this exact reason. OK, Eisenmann shipped a bad exhaust. No one is perfect.

Post the pics here and see if this is a common problem. Since it doesn't look like the case, get the issue fixed with Eisenmann and leave it at that.

2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 05:13 AM   #34
KKSigs
M4 CSL FBG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL FBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
Yes, most companies don't even bother because of this exact reason. OK, Eisenmann shipped a bad exhaust. No one is perfect.

Post the pics here and see if this is a common problem. Since it doesn't look like the case, get the issue fixed with Eisenmann and leave it at that.

+1000000
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #35
Doru in Romania
Private First Class
Romania
Rep

still waiting pics from ind to close the case. no photoshop pls.
      04-12-2009, 12:27 PM   #36
billspreston
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87

Quote:
still waiting pics from ind to close the case. no photoshop pls.
Are you suggesting IND would 'photoshop' photos of welds? Yeah. IND has nothing to do with this, they are a shop/retailer on an entirely different continent - what is the deal here?? This is so weird. The exhaust is crap - send it back to Eisenmann, where you bought it from.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 01:05 PM   #37
CatchM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X6M Competition DG

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [9.00]
I have nothing but respect for IND. This is so strange.
      04-12-2009, 01:53 PM   #38
KINGLEH
Major
Rep
Drives: 00 GTR - 09 E92 M

i bet this exhaust was welded around OCT of last year..... the welder had a few to many Pints the night before!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 02:21 PM   #39
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatchM3 View Post
I have nothing but respect for IND. This is so strange.
My Connecting Pipes come in Wednesday. I Will take pics of all the welds on the CP and the exhaust if you want. I have the utmost faith in IND. They will stand by their product.

I believe you must have gotten a defective product and if you PEACEFULLY talk to Eisenmann/IND I know they will make things right with you..

PM me if you want pics...good luck!
http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 02:22 PM   #40
Doru in Romania
Private First Class
Romania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by billspreston View Post
Are you suggesting IND would 'photoshop' photos of welds? Yeah. IND has nothing to do with this, they are a shop/retailer on an entirely different continent - what is the deal here?? This is so weird. The exhaust is crap - send it back to Eisenmann, where you bought it from.
just wanted to see how the us sold mufflers are done. yes all ind pics are post processed, this is normal. needed pics of the muffler right out of the camera, same as mine.
      04-12-2009, 02:32 PM   #41
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

If you don't like your Eisenmann and it's defective why don't you just send it back and get your money back then go buy something else?
      04-12-2009, 07:16 PM   #42
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 Macan GTS/'18 GT3/''21 X5M

Quote:
just wanted to see how the us sold mufflers are done. yes all ind pics are post processed, this is normal. needed pics of the muffler right out of the camera, same as mine.
There is a real difference between mentioning processed versus photoshopped, specifically the negative connotation associated with the latter.

I think you would find more support if your posts were not so consistently inflammatory, insinuatory, and hot-headed in nature. If it is not possible to do that, then it may be better to just pursue this outside of the forum. I am sure that if there were a problem with Eisenmann welds, that there would be many more posts on the forums in relation to that problem, especially since the Eisenmann has been around for the e9X M3 for so long, relative to other makes of exhausts.

And, to a reasonable person, the reference to IND did come across as a disparaging remark intended to damage their goodwill here on the forum. Possibly, you should take some time to review what you are saying in the heat of the moment.

As one wise person said, it is better to keep one's thoughts to one's self and let them think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and confirm it.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #43
emergent
not a poof
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Monte Carlo Blue X5M

Quote:
Welds on my Eisenmann Race were perfect, and the installer said it was one of, if not the most impressively crafted exhausts he's seen. I don't have pics but I was also impressed, and it certainly didn't look like that.

Since you didn't buy the muffler from IND, why the heck should they post or send you any photos? WTF.
      04-12-2009, 09:36 PM   #44
ChitownM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 SS Camaro

Bringing IND into this makes about as much sense as this.

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread