BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Mporium BMW

02-17-2013, 04:30 PM   #1
eVitO
trollololol
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: Too slow

KW V3

I was wondering how long KW V3's usually last, before the shocks have to be overhauled and what not.

I have about 20-25,000 miles on mine, and lately I've noticed that I've been rubbing a lot more than usual when I drive spiritedly or that the ride is bouncier in general. I might just be going crazy, and it might simply be that hitting a few bumps over time on the freeway threw off my alignment or w/e, but I'm just curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
why dont you leave him a love note on the car -- with hearts and shit

lol - seriously tho -- I find notes on my car sometimes -- but it's NEVER from girls -- -- damm M3 is a ghey magnet
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
BIU
Captain
Rep
Drives: M

Intersted in this also.. Just installed mine this past weekend

BUMP
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 04:51 AM   #3
Raucky2000
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SGM E90 M3 dct

I've heard from a number of guys that they wait until the shock leaks before they overhaul them, since KW is such good stuff. Unless they have other problems like bent shafts etc. I don't have KW, I have TCK DA and I was told the same thing from TC about his shocks too. I know this doesn't exactly answer your question, but hope it helps some.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #4
eVitO
trollololol
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: Too slow

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. If they're not leaking, they're not broken lol. Just a bit paranoid, or crazy, or whatever you want to call it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
why dont you leave him a love note on the car -- with hearts and shit

lol - seriously tho -- I find notes on my car sometimes -- but it's NEVER from girls -- -- damm M3 is a ghey magnet
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 01:56 AM   #5
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raucky2000 View Post
I've heard from a number of guys that they wait until the shock leaks before they overhaul them, since KW is such good stuff. Unless they have other problems like bent shafts etc. I don't have KW, I have TCK DA and I was told the same thing from TC about his shocks too. I know this doesn't exactly answer your question, but hope it helps some.
Dampers can wear internally and lose their damping capability as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 02:05 AM   #6
Richard@M-World
United_States
Rep
Drives: NASA TTA #92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eVitO View Post
I was wondering how long KW V3's usually last, before the shocks have to be overhauled and what not.

I have about 20-25,000 miles on mine, and lately I've noticed that I've been rubbing a lot more than usual when I drive spiritedly or that the ride is bouncier in general. I might just be going crazy, and it might simply be that hitting a few bumps over time on the freeway threw off my alignment or w/e, but I'm just curious.
I would first check for any physical damages, i.e. bends, leaks, etc. I would also give KW tech support a call and ask for their opinion. V3 comes with lifetime warranty so if there is an issue KW will take care of it.