BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

BPM

11-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
carguy750
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 0

Where To Find Good PPI? Orlando FL

I'm possibly going through with a purchase for an M3 with a seller in Orlando FL and don't want any surprises. Where can I get a reliable full PPI performed in this area? How long does it usually take?

This is my first time buying a used car so any advice for the process would be great; thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
IFX
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e46M/N54

PPI's are over-rated imo.

Just make sure it has a clean carfax (resale purposes) And if you know someone who can determine if a vehicle has been painted, take him with you. That's it.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #3
Sean@PSI
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 Sedan

We'd be glad to help you! Either e-mail me or call the shop.

I agree with IFX on making sure someone goes with you who knows paintwork, as I've seen some "clean" report Carfax cars that have been totally crunched.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #4
IFX
Banned
Rep
Drives: AW e46M/N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@PSI View Post
We'd be glad to help you! Either e-mail me or call the shop.

I agree with IFX on making sure someone goes with you who knows paintwork, as I've seen some "clean" report Carfax cars that have been totally crunched.

Yup, I don't mind a vehicle that was painted. (Once done correctly) But it's the accident history that ruins it for me.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #5
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
PPI's are over-rated imo.

Just make sure it has a clean carfax (resale purposes) And if you know someone who can determine if a vehicle has been painted, take him with you. That's it.
I had PPI done on my car by two different BMW dealers and I still had a few items that had to be replaced under warranty after I purchased the car. I guess maybe they didn't actually take the car for a ride to hear my wheel bearing / speed sensor noise.

I agree 100% w/ IFX. A good body/paint person will be able to tell you if it's been repaired and the BMW service history will tell you what has gone on mechanically. Carfax is OK but many dealers do in-house body/paint repairs to hide stuff.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #6
carguy750
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 0

Hey guys, I don't need a PPI anymore. Thanks for the inputs. I was originally going to purchase a 2009 from a private party not under warranty but instead bought a really clean 2010 from a dealership in NC. The only hiccup was a service record of a grinding noise when turning right sharply.
Appreciate 0