BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

05-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #1
zzade46m3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: add now!

Garage List
ED Lease?

I know that I can lease the car if I do ED, but my question for those who did ED's and leased, is there a "rate adder" to the Money Factor? I was told because BMW waives the 2nd payment, they increase the MF. Just sounded odd and I wanted to confirm with someone who actually did it, TIA.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #2
IrishCoffee
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Yes, there is an adder. I can't remember exactly how much. Maybe .0003?

You can always reduce the MF by adding Multiple Security Deposits (MSD).

Anyway, the lease deal with ED is incredible because the residual is still based on the US MSRP, but the sale price is significantly lower.

I went through Ryan Amico and the deal was fantastic. You might want to contact him for a quote.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #3
hk328
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCoffee View Post

Anyway, the lease deal with ED is incredible because the residual is still based on the US MSRP, but the sale price is significantly lower.

I went through Ryan Amico and the deal was fantastic. You might want to contact him for a quote.
+1
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2012, 11:45 AM   #4
///Machine
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 / '11 X5d

Quote:

Hey IrishCoffee, if this is correct, which makes sense, the ED car is ~$150 give or take per month cheaper than a US delivery lease (same fully loaded car). That's an excellent deal. The .0003 doesn't change much one way or another. Do you confirm this...
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 01:06 AM   #5
IrishCoffee
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJA///M3 View Post
Hey IrishCoffee, if this is correct, which makes sense, the ED car is ~$150 give or take per month cheaper than a US delivery lease (same fully loaded car). That's an excellent deal. The .0003 doesn't change much one way or another. Do you confirm this...
Yep, your calcs are about right. My lease was a couple hundred cheaper per month than a similar lease done in the US.

Depending on where you live (east vs west coast) you can assume that you'll be paying for a little bit of time without having the car. Your lease date starts a few days before you pick up the car. So figure that you drive it for a couple weeks then drop it off. It takes anywhere from 4-10 weeks to get it depending on boat schedule and destination. BMW pays for one month so if you're on the East Coast it is probably about even. West Coast, maybe a month of lease time without the car (took 7 weeks for me from drop off minus one month of BMW payments). With a couple hundred in savings per month it evens out very quickly. The wait is the hardest part.

Either way the deal is killer. You end up saving about $4K+ on the car. It pays for a European Vacation and then some. Plus it's about the coolest experience you could hope for. It's worth every penny.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 09:25 AM   #6
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Seems like you guys answered most of the question for the OP

OP if you have any other questions feel free to shoot Ryan an email and he will take care of whatever you need and answer any questions you have.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
///Machine
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yep, your calcs are about right. My lease was a couple hundred cheaper per month than a similar lease done in the US.

Depending on where you live (east vs west coast) you can assume that you'll be paying for a little bit of time without having the car. Your lease date starts a few days before you pick up the car. So figure that you drive it for a couple weeks then drop it off. It takes anywhere from 4-10 weeks to get it depending on boat schedule and destination. BMW pays for one month so if you're on the East Coast it is probably about even. West Coast, maybe a month of lease time without the car (took 7 weeks for me from drop off minus one month of BMW payments). With a couple hundred in savings per month it evens out very quickly. The wait is the hardest part.

Either way the deal is killer. You end up saving about $4K+ on the car. It pays for a European Vacation and then some. Plus it's about the coolest experience you could hope for. It's worth every penny.
Oh, I wanna do it soooo baaaad. Wife's family is frenchie, so I have to go to Europe anyways. ED followed by road trip to France makes the whole in-law thing much more bearable. LOL. I can get used to this.
Wife: Honey, no fights for a week!
Me: I can do that! I'll be at the forum posting away.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2012, 03:54 PM   #8
IrishCoffee
Lieutenant
Rep

Oh man, you've got the trip all set! Do it!
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2012, 08:26 PM   #9
///Machine
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCoffee
Oh man, you've got the trip all set! Do it!
I am considering, probably next year. Thanks for the support. Did you have a good experience? Did you post it?
      05-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #10
IrishCoffee
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJA///M3 View Post
I am considering, probably next year. Thanks for the support. Did you have a good experience? Did you post it?
The experience was fantastic. I didn't post a huge thread because I felt like there were already a bunch like it. The funny thing is that I read through a ton of them before going and thought I had a good idea of what it was going to be like, but I was still blown away by the whole thing. The treatment and VIP feel of the whole thing was so cool. The factory tour was awesome as well.

I went with my brother and a couple friends during Oktoberfest. We also went to a bunch of other cities, and a couple other countries. We checked out "The Ring" as well. That is a must.

One thing I would highly recommend if you are going to get a car there is getting the nav system. They preload it with all the euro maps. I honestly feel like I would have been screwed without it. I am generally quite good with directions, but it saved my ass a few times.
Appreciate 0