BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

08-20-2008, 08:24 AM   #67
xXsacsbimmerXx
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2003 330i ZHP

Is it just me or is the Jetta GLI not a front wheel drive? Seems difficult to drift in front wheel drive. Unless of course it's wet out and your yanking on the e-brake
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 10:25 AM   #68
Mr.AK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 e92

Thank you to all! This is my definition of a GREAT thread that has evolved into something bigger than itself....

My next example of.......a real TURKEY, is the DisrespectfuL passenger! I picked up a German girl who was doing cardiovascular research at Hopkins. A real show-stopping hardbody with a real good head on her shoulders (yes they do exist). IMO the only thing better than a German car is a German car w/ smoking German girl in the passenger seat to complement it. Anyway one night she brings out this other German girl-friend of hers that can be best described as a Beached Walrus! Strike one! The TURKEY get into the passenger seat, my girl gets in back. The girl greets me, takes her sandals off and puts her dirty feel on my freshly Zaino-ed Fox red leather. Strike two! I grind my teeth then proceed to calm myself. So i'm in M mode and aggressively pull out of the parking lot (but not too aggressively, no wheel spin). Just enough power to show everyone that the car is not to be fucked with. So the TuRKEY says,"oOOHHHH real man...needs to speed to make him feel like a man. Let me guess, it was the car, not you?" Strike three! Girls were dropped off, terminating the date in T-minus five minutes. Don't touch the leather. HAHAHA

Last edited by Mr.AK; 08-20-2008 at 01:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 11:36 AM   #69
M3101
Private
Rep
Drives: Depends on what day...

Dropped off..you are too nice! I would of been pressing the eject button.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 11:42 AM   #70
Canyon Junkie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXsacsbimmerXx View Post
Is it just me or is the Jetta GLI not a front wheel drive? Seems difficult to drift in front wheel drive. Unless of course it's wet out and your yanking on the e-brake
Yes, it is FWD. There's more than one way to put a car sideways, FWD only makes it difficult to keep it sideways.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #71
xsilvor
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3101 View Post
Dropped off..you are too nice! I would of been pressing the eject button.
Is that when you convince them to unbuckle their seat-belt and open their door, then take a really hard left? We should have a button to automatically release the belt latch and open the door.

Even in my crappy IS, I still get infuriated when a girl (if a guy even took his sandles off in my car I would throw them out) puts her feet on my dash. It don't care how attractive they are. Get your feet off my damn car. Back in college I would catch people leaning on my car, which I didn't like. But, once or twice I caught people actually sitting on my trunk. The IS has a minimal lip-style trunk spoiler, that overhangs off the back of the trunk. I was ready for it to just break off. People make me mad. My car is not a sofa. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 12:03 PM   #72
Rick
Stackin' Chips
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.AK View Post
Thank you to all! This is my definition of a GREAT thread that has evolved into something bigger than itself....

My next example of.......a real TURKEY, is the DisrespectfuL passenger! I picked up a German girl who was doing cardiovascular research at Hopkins. A real show-stopping hardbody with a real good head on her shoulders (yes they do exist). IMO the only thing better than a German car is a German car w/ smoking German girl in the passenger seat to complement it. Anyway one night she brings out this other German girl-friend of hers that can be best described as a Beached Walrus! Strike one! The TURKEY get into the passenger seat, my girl gets in back. The girl greets me, takes her sandals off and puts her dirty feel on my freshly Zaino-ed Fox red leather. Strike two! I grind my teeth and calm myself. So i'm in M mode and aggressively pull out of the parking lot (but not too aggressively, no wheel spin). Just enough power to show everyone that the car is not to be fucked with. So the TuRKEY says,"oOOHHHH real man...needs to speed to make him feel like a man. Let me guess, it was the car, not you?" Strike three! Girls were dropped off, terminating the date in T-minus five minutes. Don't touch the leather. HAHAHA
You might have damaged your engine gunning it with a beached walrus in your passenger seat, I would take it in for a service checkup.
      08-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #73
valeram
Major
Rep
Drives: 992 TTS, 991.2 GT3 T, F80 M3 C

This one:

Why not get a FWD instead of RWD.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 12:25 PM   #74
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
The girl greets me, takes her sandals off and puts her dirty feel on my freshly Zaino-ed Fox red leather.
The only thing that pisses me off more than that is when I see people with their feet on the dash pressed against the windshield. If anyone did that in my car I'd instantly kick their butt out too.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 12:29 PM   #75
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nissan Rogue, 09 Jet Black M3

People are clueless man. seriously!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 12:30 PM   #76
Mr.AK
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Or like the story above, touching the iDRIVE display. "I can see what you're pointing at! You don't need to actually physically make contact with the screen you cunt muscle!"

Last edited by Mr.AK; 08-20-2008 at 01:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 01:05 PM   #77
BimmerRob08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

Or what about the clueless idiots, dudes and chic's, that cross their legs while sitting in your car so their dirty soles are up against your apolstary,did I spell that right??, anyway, up against the door leather and later you find marks on it. God, most people that don't have a nice ride just don't give a shit about yours. I had to yell at a very good friend the other day because the winds were high and he lets go of his door. Luckaly it didn't swing back hard. I allways, allways, keep positive control of the door. What kind of remark do I get back? "dude, dont' be a cry baby" he says. WTF man!? you gonna pay for the fucking door hinge when it's buckled by the wind?? Some people just don't get it!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 01:15 PM   #78
valeram
Major
Rep
Drives: 992 TTS, 991.2 GT3 T, F80 M3 C

As my wife always say that I am an anal when it comes to my car but she understand it.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 01:38 PM   #79
Mr.AK
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
Or what about the clueless idiots, dudes and chic's, that cross their legs while sitting in your car so their dirty soles are up against your apolstary,did I spell that right??, anyway, up against the door leather and later you find marks on it. God, most people that don't have a nice ride just don't give a shit about yours. I had to yell at a very good friend the other day because the winds were high and he lets go of his door. Luckaly it didn't swing back hard. I allways, allways, keep positive control of the door. What kind of remark do I get back? "dude, dont' be a cry baby" he says. WTF man!? you gonna pay for the fucking door hinge when it's buckled by the wind?? Some people just don't get it!
Or how about this remark," Dude, you are crazy, it's just a car. It's not like it's a Ferrari or something!" GET OUT!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 02:07 PM   #80
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Or how about this remark," Dude, you are crazy, it's just a car. It's not like it's a Ferrari or something!" GET OUT!!!
Not a Ferrari. How about I crawled through broken glass and rusty nails for years without the help of anyone to get myself to a place where I could afford a car like this.. What have you done A$$H0L3!!!? I hate when people say stupid things.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 02:18 PM   #81
BMdblU
Brigadier General
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerRob08 View Post
What I can't stand is idiots that don't really care for cars in general. You know, the dude that just buys a junker to get from point A to B and could care less about it and would never buy a bad ass car like our M3's? But most of all is when they say, "I can't belive you spent 60G's on that car" So I just look at them and nod my head at them, smirk and say, "you wouldn't understand" and walk off or change the subject. Why argue with an idiot?
What is so hard to comprehend about someone just wanting a car to get from A to B? God, you sound like an ignorant fool. If you can't respect someone else's opinion, you can't expect them to respect yours.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 02:19 PM   #82
MysticBlue
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '20 M5C, '09 M3 DCT Coupe

The thing about living in Oregon, you can't pump your own gas. I always get out and open my cover and gas cap myself and hang around to finish it up, so I always get the opportunity to interact with a pump jockey, always guaranteeing at least one stupid remark. Usually starts with how much did you pay for it, or how fast will it go. Or "My cousin Daryl has one of these that he takes to the drag strip. It's pretty fast, but my other cousin Daryl has a Mustang that's way faster." OK, whatever. Whenever I travel out of state, it's actually a huge relief to pump my own gas.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 02:20 PM   #83
Stunnerable
Captain
United_States
Rep

BMdblU, LOVE that pic!!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 03:24 PM   #84
Canyon Junkie
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlue View Post
The thing about living in Oregon, you can't pump your own gas. I always get out and open my cover and gas cap myself and hang around to finish it up, so I always get the opportunity to interact with a pump jockey, always guaranteeing at least one stupid remark. Usually starts with how much did you pay for it, or how fast will it go. Or "My cousin Daryl has one of these that he takes to the drag strip. It's pretty fast, but my other cousin Daryl has a Mustang that's way faster." OK, whatever. Whenever I travel out of state, it's actually a huge relief to pump my own gas.
And you say, "F**K, I should have bought a Mustang! You're right!"
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 03:27 PM   #85
Dascamel
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 M3, 2010 e91 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdblU View Post
What is so hard to comprehend about someone just wanting a car to get from A to B? God, you sound like an ignorant fool. If you can't respect someone else's opinion, you can't expect them to respect yours.
I would care less about someone else who wants a car just to get from point A to B. Good for them, they can save money for other things. But to question someone else for getting the car they want, enjoy, etc. Now that isn't even worth responding to, they will never understand.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 05:47 PM   #86
BMW-videos.com
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW m5, heavily modded c6 corv

Interesting thread, went sour at some point but laughing is good
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2008, 08:19 PM   #87
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickc View Post
lol, funny stories guys.

i had some numbnuts walk up to me earlier today and ask if moonroof with carbon fiber was an option. he started tapping my carbon fiber roof with his fingers/nails and i just looked at him like.. "dude, WTF... finish your fuckin' venti double mocha latte and go buy an x3!!"
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2008, 02:55 AM   #88
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlue View Post

U cant pump yur own gas???? Dam communists!!!!!