BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

10-07-2009, 09:26 PM   #1
M3Captain
Banned
Greece
Rep
Drives: M3 and a McDonnell Douglas

Advan AD08's

So I scratched the idea of all seasons..... Anyone rollin on these right now?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 10:03 PM   #2
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: '10 E92 M3

I drove about 1k miles on them now and love them
way better than previous tires that I've owned, PS2 and Goodyear GSD3, and the AD08 is much better in grip but the ride is a tad harder, which I dont mind.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2009, 10:23 PM   #3
m_parade
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 Jet Black M3 Coupe

im rolling with the AD08 right now. Love them.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 12:23 AM   #4
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Currently running AD08s on all our shop vehicles, awesome tire.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 12:51 AM   #5
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
Rep

do you have any specific questions on these tires?
I'll try to answer them because I've gone through many sets of tires and not to bust on EAS's balls cuz they are one of the best sponsors, if not THE best in the BMW community, but pictures to show how good a tire is, is pretty useless.

If anyone tells you Advans does this yada yada better than this competing tire, its only a sales pitch, nothing more. If you look at any statistics and figures of these tires, the advantages of 1 tire over the other are so miniscule that 99% of this forum, without looking couldn't tell them apart. Of course, these are an upgrade from PS2s and other "Ultra High Performance Summers" because these are "Max Performance Summers", you will notice a difference. But between similar tires, if someone told u they can tell the difference between a RE-11 and AD08, they're talking out of their ass unless they have had EXTENSIVE track time with them and is a professional driver.

The reason I got them is because I choose AD08 over the RE-11s is because I got a good deal on them and they are asymmetrical so I can rotate left/right due to track/camber wear. I choose these over Michelin PS2/Goodyear Asymmetries is because I live in Cali and there is hardly any rain, wet performance was not of a concern and would have gone even more towards race tires ie. Yokohama A048 but the tread wear is ridiculous for a daily driven car. I felt that the AD08 was perfect blend between daily driving and ultimate dry grip without breaking the bank.

If u have any further questions, please feel free to ask.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 01:39 AM   #6
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Man I can't wait to get mine in...

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 01:56 AM   #7
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

I have a set on the way now.
      10-08-2009, 09:31 AM   #8
M3Captain
Banned
Greece
Rep
Drives: M3 and a McDonnell Douglas

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitCake View Post
do you have any specific questions on these tires?
I'll try to answer them because I've gone through many sets of tires and not to bust on EAS's balls cuz they are one of the best sponsors, if not THE best in the BMW community, but pictures to show how good a tire is, is pretty useless.

If anyone tells you Advans does this yada yada better than this competing tire, its only a sales pitch, nothing more. If you look at any statistics and figures of these tires, the advantages of 1 tire over the other are so miniscule that 99% of this forum, without looking couldn't tell them apart. Of course, these are an upgrade from PS2s and other "Ultra High Performance Summers" because these are "Max Performance Summers", you will notice a difference. But between similar tires, if someone told u they can tell the difference between a RE-11 and AD08, they're talking out of their ass unless they have had EXTENSIVE track time with them and is a professional driver.

The reason I got them is because I choose AD08 over the RE-11s is because I got a good deal on them and they are asymmetrical so I can rotate left/right due to track/camber wear. I choose these over Michelin PS2/Goodyear Asymmetries is because I live in Cali and there is hardly any rain, wet performance was not of a concern and would have gone even more towards race tires ie. Yokohama A048 but the tread wear is ridiculous for a daily driven car. I felt that the AD08 was perfect blend between daily driving and ultimate dry grip without breaking the bank.

If u have any further questions, please feel free to ask.
Thanks for the great info. I'm looking for an improvement over the oem ps2's. But we get plenty of rain up here in the northeast, so I need a well rounded dry/wet tire. Obviously one tire can't do it all.

Also I daily my M3.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 05:37 PM   #9
FruitCake
Banned
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Captain View Post
Thanks for the great info. I'm looking for an improvement over the oem ps2's. But we get plenty of rain up here in the northeast, so I need a well rounded dry/wet tire. Obviously one tire can't do it all.

Also I daily my M3.
Believe it or not, the wet grip of the AD08 is better than the PS2 simply because it is a softer compound. As long as you have some tread groove, it will shed water. The only problem when it rains is that temperature drops, and that is when the AD08s dont work. If it is cold and raining, then thats when you will have problems.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2009, 05:55 PM   #10
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitCake View Post
Believe it or not, the wet grip of the AD08 is better than the PS2 simply because it is a softer compound. As long as you have some tread groove, it will shed water. The only problem when it rains is that temperature drops, and that is when the AD08s dont work. If it is cold and raining, then thats when you will have problems.
The beauty of living in SoCal.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2009, 06:42 AM   #11
MIKEYBMW1
GT3
England
Rep
Drives: PORSCHE GT3

I now run the ADO8'S and at first the car was all over the place but once the heat got into them they were amazing far better than the PS2's ,I also think that they needed to be scrubed first due to being packaged up and not used for a while?
      10-15-2009, 12:30 AM   #12
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

I got on AD08s today. Observations:

It's been raining here for the past 2 days. On my way to get the tires mounted I could feel the PS2s getting a little disconnected from the road. Not quite hydroplaning but not feeling firmly planted, either.

After switching to the AD08s I drove back home on the same roads. The AD08s felt much more planted. My PS2s were not that worn, so it wasn't because they were bald. The AD08s just work better in the wet.

The AD08s are sticky. When they were rolled across the parking lot and into the shop they were picking up pebbles, wood chips, pieces of paper, and small children like crazy.

The AD08s are wider and more square than equivalently sized PS2s. I went with OEM size in front (245/35-19) yet the AD08 is noticeably wider.

It's only been a day but right now I'd rate the AD08s very highly, I'm thrilled with them. especially for the price, IMO they're a bargain for what you get.