BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-30-2008, 05:17 PM   #45
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Thread jack--I just turned 150! Was thinking about going with DCT, but it's out of my hands now. Here's what I'm getting:
Nice. Congrats GregW!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 05:27 PM   #46
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman View Post
When I log onto BMW owners circle all I get is "on order" status. How do you find out the number?
Good question. How do you see the order status # online at owner's circle? I know I'm 111 because that's what it says on the sheet my dealer faxed me, but I can't see that online. It just says "On Order".

I understand it is possible to get more detailed info on the order status if you call the 800 number. Is that the only way to find out the exact order status #?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 05:31 PM   #47
Yonkers
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW M5

Quote:
When I log onto BMW owners circle all I get is "on order" status. How do you find out the number?
I don't think I can get even get on the BMW Owner's Circle. Doesn't that require that you have a production # to register? I don't even have that yet. When did you order? I ordered about two weeks ago on 01/17/08. If my status is 047 and it hasn't changed, I think that means my dealer still hasn't had any new allocations and that would piss me off.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 06:02 PM   #48
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonkers View Post
I don't think I can get even get on the BMW Owner's Circle. Doesn't that require that you have a production # to register? I don't even have that yet. When did you order? I ordered about two weeks ago on 01/17/08. If my status is 047 and it hasn't changed, I think that means my dealer still hasn't had any new allocations and that would piss me off.
If you got on a dealer list just 10 days ago, I wouldn't be surprised if you end up waiting for several weeks to get assigned to an allocation.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 06:15 PM   #49
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Congrats GregW!

I'm going to live the M3 experience vicariously through you guys for now. I put my deposit down almost 3 years ago, but by the time my name came up (just yesterday) my life has changed to the point that I'm not sure this is the right car for me. I married into some great cars, and I now have a very long commute. I used to be so excited that I was going to get one of the very first cars... now it doesn't matter as much. I still think it's a great car though!

cheers!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 06:27 PM   #50
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

spoke with my CA today regarding some changes in my order, bugged him about not drilling my front bumper (loss the battle its going to get drilled) and to ask about Performance center delivery...

Hey Lucid have you thought about getting PC delivery? since we got our production #'s on the same day maybe we'll be lucky and our cars will be done at sametime, I'm just thinking it would be great if a couple of us would get delivery together and drive back up north together also...make a road trip out of it (plus it'll help w/ break in) I singled you out since I'm in the NY metro area...so majority of our drive would be together...would be cool, just having thoughts...I keep checking the OC every couple of hours since my CA said he was going to update it today...

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #51
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsta View Post
spoke with my CA today regarding some changes in my order, bugged him about not drilling my front bumper (loss the battle its going to get drilled) and to ask about Performance center delivery...

Hey Lucid have you thought about getting PC delivery? since we got our production #'s on the same day maybe we'll be lucky and our cars will be done at sametime, I'm just thinking it would be great if a couple of us would get delivery together and drive back up north together also...make a road trip out of it (plus it'll help w/ break in) I singled you out since I'm in the NY metro area...so majority of our drive would be together...would be cool, just having thoughts...I keep checking the OC every couple of hours since my CA said he was going to update it today...
Yeah, that would be fun. Work schedule can get in the way though. I'd have to know the exact date of delivery before making such a decision. And if I understand it correctly, they can't give you a delivery date without you having opted for PDC?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 08:00 PM   #52
man02195
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 M3 M-DCT, SG-status 111

Quote:

Hey Lucid have you thought about getting PC delivery? since ..
I had a PC delivery, and asked them not to mount the front license plate (NC doesn't require it) and also asked to handwash (don't know if it matters). They were great, car was spotless, and no holes in front.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 09:31 PM   #53
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by man02195 View Post
I had a PC delivery, and asked them not to mount the front license plate (NC doesn't require it) and also asked to handwash (don't know if it matters). They were great, car was spotless, and no holes in front.
NJ requires it...I think I may take PCD I really want to make my delivery a greater experience since I've been waiting so long I think I deserve a treat....also when I spoke to my CA I mentioned that I didn't want my car to be test driven by any saleperson/mech. and he told me that the car would have about 10+ miles on it, he gave me this sob story about their prep. location being a couple miles away and the gas station another couple...I still told him I'm not comfortable with this but he told me its unavoidable which to me is completely BS....as a matter of fact I just decided I am going to take PCD and there prep center is right on the spot and I don't have to wait until the car is shipped up north...I'm my own boss so I don't have to ask anyone for permission so I'm good to go in that field...

'09 X5 35d SG/SB
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 09:32 PM   #54
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
Yeah, that would be fun. Work schedule can get in the way though. I'd have to know the exact date of delivery before making such a decision. And if I understand it correctly, they can't give you a delivery date without you having opted for PDC?
do you need more then 2 months of time for a request? I think you'll be catching a cold for that time too you have a horrible cough that's only going to get worse when your car arrives...

'09 X5 35d SG/SB
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 10:21 PM   #55
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:

Don't take that crap for an answer, tell them you'll bail on the car if they drill holes in the damn thing.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 10:37 PM   #56
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcellere View Post
Don't take that crap for an answer, tell them you'll bail on the car if they drill holes in the damn thing.
even if its required by the state??? I'll continue to put the pressure on him, but lets be serious, I hope he doesn't call my bluff....I'm not going to wait 2 yrs for this car and then not get it b/c of the front plate, I'll just end up taking off the plate and plugging the holes in the bumper...

'09 X5 35d SG/SB
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 10:55 PM   #57
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
even if its required by the state??? I'll continue to put the pressure on him, but lets be serious, I hope he doesn't call my bluff....I'm not going to wait 2 yrs for this car and then not get it b/c of the front plate, I'll just end up taking off the plate and plugging the holes in the bumper...
I bought my current car in CA, where front plates are required. The front plate and its holder were in the trunk when my dealer delivered the car.

I will mount the front plate this time though because here cops constantly check for it.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2008, 11:07 PM   #58
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Quote:
There's no reason you have to use the factory bracket. If they won't let you leave the lot without a plate, zip tie it to the fron grille. I took the front plate holder from my last car as soon as it showed up at the dealer.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 06:21 AM   #59
SMSgt B
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: '23 M4 G83; '23 M850i

Garage List
2022 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Mine is 400 before his. Numbering must not work that way.

It definately must not work that way ... mine is 2000000+ before his.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 07:45 AM   #60
gasman
Rep
Drives: 08 RR Sport SC, 08 AW/FR M3

I will be taking PDC delivery as well. It's 1200 miles from Spartanburg to San Antonio. She will be ready for a thrashin upon arrival home!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 07:48 AM   #61
gasman
Rep

Quote:
Correct...you need a production number to sign up for an account on BMWOC. I just got my production number 3 days ago. I had been on the list for a full year and was number 2. Are you going through the Woodlands dealership or BMW North?
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 09:40 AM   #62
Yonkers
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Correct...you need a production number to sign up for an account on BMWOC. I just got my production number 3 days ago. I had been on the list for a full year and was number 2. Are you going through the Woodlands dealership or BMW North?
I'm going through BMW North, which as I understand it is owned by the same corporation. Doesn't necessarily mean it's run the same I guess.
I understand I've only been on the list a short time. And they told me there are 22 people ahead of me. I don't want to be unreasonable about it. But when they ran my order through the system it shows a Requested Production Date of Week 10. Who is making this request? The dealer or is it automatic in the system? Why would they request a date so early in the cycle if they have no allocation yet and if there are 22 people ahead of me? The general sales manager estimated late April/early May but considering we're about to start week 6 of the year and I don't even have a production #, I don't feel too good about it.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 10:46 AM   #63
man02195
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 M3 M-DCT, SG-status 111

Quote:
I will be taking PDC delivery as well. It's 1200 miles from Spartanburg to San Antonio. She will be ready for a thrashin upon arrival home!
I'd have a tough time varying the speed and driving conditions for those 1,200 miles... maybe you can take some interstate and some state routes across Alabama and Mississippi.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 11:34 AM   #64
gasman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by man02195 View Post
I'd have a tough time varying the speed and driving conditions for those 1,200 miles... maybe you can take some interstate and some state routes across Alabama and Mississippi.
Definetly! I plan on making it take a couple of days or so. I'm gonna try and stay off the interstate as much as possible and hit every back road there is.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 12:05 PM   #65
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Definetly! I plan on making it take a couple of days or so. I'm gonna try and stay off the interstate as much as possible and hit every back road there is.

+1 on this....mostly all back roads..

'09 X5 35d SG/SB
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2008, 04:36 PM   #66
Yonkers
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm going through BMW North, which as I understand it is owned by the same corporation. Doesn't necessarily mean it's run the same I guess.
I understand I've only been on the list a short time. And they told me there are 22 people ahead of me. I don't want to be unreasonable about it. But when they ran my order through the system it shows a Requested Production Date of Week 10. Who is making this request? The dealer or is it automatic in the system? Why would they request a date so early in the cycle if they have no allocation yet and if there are 22 people ahead of me? The general sales manager estimated late April/early May but considering we're about to start week 6 of the year and I don't even have a production #, I don't feel too good about it.
I just talked to my CA and I'm a little peeved. He's either yanking my chain or he's just an idiot. He told me they checked in the ordering system and that no one has their production # yet. I told them I'm not saying HIS dealership has people with production #s, but I know for sure there are plenty of people that do (on this board for example). I told him I was concerned that my paperwork shows a request for production week 10 and that it's now already close to week 6 and I haven't heard anything. He told me not to worry since it doesn't take long to actually build it after you get the production #.
Anyway, I'll give it another week and see what happens.
Appreciate 0