BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-10-2012, 01:16 PM   #89
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianthegreat View Post
1. Idiots who stand up IMMEDIATELY after the plane docks at the terminal as if they are magically going to be first off.

When the plane docks after your journey do not immediately stand up, get in the aisle, open the overhead compartments, etc..(unless of course you are at the front of the plane). Calm down, stay seated, wait until you have room to move without hitting/blocking other people, WAIT YOUR TURN, everything will be ok.
I have to say something about this one. I do this myself, especially after a long flight, and especially if I am not flying business class, or near the exit row where I have enough legroom to stretch out.

Being more than 6 3, sitting in a jammed airline seat for hours is not especially comfortable. When I stand up as soon as the plane stops at a gate, it is NOT because I think that will hasten my departure off the plane, it is to get the damn circulation in my legs going again. If I have a window seat, hell, I'd be happy to stand there, waiting for every other person to get off first, I am in no race, just as long as I can stretch a bit and get the feeling in my extremities back.

I would guess that others who stand up "early" may be in the same boat. Dont let it get to you; they are not trying to beat you in the rush to get off the plane.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #90
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

People with no sense of balance, who insist on grabbing my seat back and pulling it backward about a foot when they exit their aisle to go to the potty. It's 10x worse when you're sleeping and they do that.

Same applies to people moving up and down the main aisle of the plane, using everyone's headrest/seat back as a balance point. Screw them.

People who open their seat back tray and let that fucker drop down, shaking the fuck out my seat. If you're going to open it, do it gently. Same applies to closing it.
      04-10-2012, 01:20 PM   #91
TotalPower
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is Vert AW

If I have my noise canceling headset on and I can still hear your music...TURN IT THE FK DOWN.

People need to know when my headphones are in, I don't want to talk...don't make me pull them out, put them in, pull them out, put them in. just STFU.

When I politely ask if we can switch seats bc the person is seated next to my girl and they say no (when it's aisle for aisle or window for window- i understand not wanting to sit bitch) it's retarded.

I hate flying back into the US and going to immigration and customs.

50 windows available

5 open

1 for us citizens

wtf.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #92
Comet
Troll Harder
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3, 997 4 GTS, X6M

Garage List
People who try to check-in to the business line when they are in economy.
People who try to board in the priority boarding line when they are in cattle class.
People who try to board when their rows were clearly not called.

You hold up the line and will not be admitted.

People who take up 5 chairs in the Business lounge. one for their jacket, 2 for their carry ons, one for them and lastly for their legs. Don't be a dick, I understand taking one more if the place is empty, but you don't need 5 when it is FULL
      04-10-2012, 03:42 PM   #93
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedM View Post
It's been said, but I gotta say it again. My biggest one is idiots going through the TSA checkpoints. People, you know you're going to fly that day. It's not a surprise to anyone. As was mentioned before, dress nicely, but also dress in the best way to move through security quickly.

1. Keep jewelry to a minimum. Ladies, I know you like to look pretty, but you can spend the day without those 5 intertwined metal bracelets. Gentlemen, please wear nothing more than a watch. There is no reason for one of those big old gold chains or bracelets of any kind

2. Keep shit in your bag, not in your pocket. My dad does a bad job with this. He's always flying with pockets full of change. Leave it at home. Leave it in your bag. And with the new body scanners, EVERYTHING has to come out of your pockets. They tagged me and searched me because of $3 cash in my left pocket o_o

3. You people know ahead of time your shoes and belts need to come off. Even if you've never flown before, there are signs throughout the security line. Gals, I know you like those fashionable belts, but if you can't take it off in about 3 seconds, opt for a more practical one. Same with shoes. Those knee-high lace-up boots can wait for another day. Heels don't bother me, but you're the one that's going to be running across the terminal in them, so keep that in mind. Guys, we don't really have as many issues in this area, but please already have your belt and shoes off by the time you reach the X-Ray

4. LAPTOPS HAVE TO COME OUT OF YOUR BAG. Why this is such a hard concept for people to grasp, I'll never understand. This is also something you can do while waiting in line.

5. After you're through the body scanner or metal detector, gather your belongings from the end of the X-Ray and MOVE ON. Don't be tying your shoes and putting your belt back on right where other people are trying to get their bags out of the X-Ray. Airports almost always have an area to re-dress yourself just after the checkpoint.
+1

I don't get why people have problems and troubles going thru security.
Everytime after the ID check, I put all the wallets, watches, cell phones, belts, inside the camera/laptop bag, ready to be scanned.

Ready to take the laptop out, shoes off unless they told otherwise, drop everything on the belt/trays. And walk through the detector. Done!!!

Works smoothly and troubleless everytime, everywhere around the world.

I don't get why people act as if they just realized they have a laptop inside their bag, a bunch of bling blings in the pocket, and a big buckle belt on the waist.
      04-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #94
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 E90, 89 Grand Wagoneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianthegreat View Post
1. Idiots who stand up IMMEDIATELY after the plane docks at the terminal as if they are magically going to be first off.

When the plane docks after your journey do not immediately stand up, get in the aisle, open the overhead compartments, etc..(unless of course you are at the front of the plane). Calm down, stay seated, wait until you have room to move without hitting/blocking other people, WAIT YOUR TURN, everything will be ok.

2. Idiots who stand within inches of the baggage claim carrier/tract.

Seriously WTF. Back up 3 to 5 feet so that everyone can see their luggage. When your bag approaches, step forward and take your bag, then GTF out of the way. I have no problem knee checking people w/ my 40lb bag who stand infront of everyone else at the luggage terminal - male or female.

It isn't going to be a jihadist who is going to go ape shit on the general public next time.

Please add some airport etiquette of your own. For example, using the restroom the MOMENT the 'fasten seatbelt' sign goes off or using the restroom on a 45 minute flight.
Agreed. I try to just stay far away from airports these days. The airport used to be a place of a certain amount of enjoyment but since 9/11... it's just a big fuckin joke.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2012, 09:34 PM   #95
///1M
Captain
Rep
Drives: On a good day, AW 1M coupe

I dread being held captive to:

Gum popping.

Gum smacking.

Gum cracking.

Obnoxious gum chewing.

The smell of spearmint gum.

Headphones + iPhone are the best travel companions.
Appreciate 0