BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

02-26-2012, 03:46 AM   #1
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

musicarnw comes through again

As if everyone on this forum doesn't already know, if you need something for your system, I suggest you contact musicarnw ASAP. I had been on the fence about adding a true trunk mounted subwoofer for a long time now but I finally bit the bullet and decided to go all in. I contacted musicarnw about their subwoofer enclosure and was surprised as to what I received. I've seen hundreds of pictures of these enclosures but the pictures really don't do it justice. First of all, I couldn't believe how small it was. It was also the cleanest fiberglass enclosure I've seen. I've had other fiberglass enclosures in the past but the way this is constructed is really first class.

I haven't actually installed it yet as I'm still completing the amp rack and the wiring for the system. I just need to find a place to mount the circuit breakers and I should be all set. I'm hoping to post pics as soon as its up and running.

If anyone is curious, I'll be installing a Morel SC10 in the enclosure similar to their Level 3 upgrade. A Zapco DC500 will be running the sub. I plan to redo my main powering wiring such that it does not utilize one of the fused links in the OEM distribution block. I was a little concerned about the possibility of drawing over 100A from the fused link when I know it's rated for much less. I will be tapping it before the distribution block right off the battery post or at the post that connects the disntribution block to the battery.

Once again, thanks to VP Electricity for bringing such a great product to the market for our cars. We are truly lucky to have a reputable vendor building custom equipment for our cars. You don't find this type of quality gear on many platforms.