BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery
 
Velos Designwerks
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-18-2010, 12:49 PM   #45
zuggerat89
Still waiting...
 
zuggerat89's Avatar
 
Drives: OGV
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Monmouth County, NJ

Posts: 886
iTrader: (0)

I just think the badges disrupt the lines of the car. Not really anything to do with type of badge displayed.
zuggerat89 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2010, 12:51 PM   #46
Stunnerable
Captain
 
Stunnerable's Avatar
 
Drives: Nissan Rogue, 09 Jet Black M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Horsham, PA

Posts: 606
iTrader: (0)

You got a sweet car man. And the badges makes it even more yours. You take good pics too. Enjoy!
__________________
Straight roads are for fast cars. Curvy roads are for fast drivers.

Stunnerable is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2010, 01:08 PM   #47
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
 
SlammedR8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,936
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
Third post ripping into the V8 badging? Really? This all started with my friends joking around and calling me a badge whore because I put ONE badge on my trunk lid(Dinan). So I thought it would be funny to put a couple more badges on, it was a Hit! Now if I drove up in a CONVERTIBLE, SLAMMED, on 20's DEEP DISH wheels, wearing my hat backwards, I think my friends couldn't pick themselves up because they would be laughing so hard. I mean really, how many check marks in the negative performance column are you trying to get? But I am sure it's some kind of inside joke between you and your friends.

haha, dude, there is nothing that a badge whore can say about my car that would ever bother me. There really isn't anything anyone can say that would bother me, coz I know I have one of the sickest M3s out there (short of a supercharged one). NOW if you drove up in a CONVERTIBLE, SLAMMED with big 20s DEEP DISH and your friends laughed at that, but didnt laugh that you put a DINAN badge on your car, much less a big V8 sticker on the fenders, then I think you need to find new friends who are a) either more honest with you or b) have better taste then you to help you with your choices. As for the hat backwards, have you ever seen me? I haven't worn a baseball cap since I was 10 years old. Negative performance, do you know how minimal the difference is between your sedan and my convertible? Nothing you or I would ever notice, and I am willing to give up the .3 of a second to 60mph in the name of enjoying a top down drive in my convertible, not to mention the looks I get on a daily basis in my car, I just got back to my office from being out for a couple hours and I had 3 DIFFERENT people compliment my car, you can't even compare the looks one will get in a convertible M3 vs a sedan or a coupe for that matter.
__________________
SlammedR8 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2010, 01:16 PM   #48
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
 
Drives: Slowly
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: At home

Posts: 2,731
iTrader: (1)

Wow, conceit much? lol

FWIW, During my test drives I could feel the difference between the E90 and E93.
quality_sound is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2010, 01:19 PM   #49
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
 
Drives: Slowly
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: At home

Posts: 2,731
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
Thanks. No, this was in the Sacramento area. Aleks' shoot was in the bay area I believe.

Where in Sac? I lived in Sac from '84 to '09.
quality_sound is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2010, 01:30 PM   #50
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
 
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
 
Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

Posts: 4,736
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
haha, dude, .......not to mention the looks I get on a daily basis in my car, I just got back to my office from being out for a couple hours and I had 3 DIFFERENT people compliment my car, you can't even compare the looks one will get in a convertible M3 vs a sedan or a coupe for that matter.
I'm glad for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
Wow, conceit much? lol

FWIW, During my test drives I could feel the difference between the E90 and E93.
I would say immaturity more than conceit. Besides, the perfromance difference I was refering to was more about the extreme drop and huge 20's.
__________________
Mr.Metak2you is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2010, 01:38 PM   #51
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
 
SlammedR8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,936
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
Wow, conceit much? lol

FWIW, During my test drives I could feel the difference between the E90 and E93.
Nope, not really!
but its so pathetic to see soooo many M3 owners (E90/E92) ripping on the E93 when it isn't all that much different, IT IS different, but not all that much worth ripping one apart. And considering you get the best of both worlds, its actually a great DD. I realize that the E90/E92 may be a tad quicker, but I think that having the ability to drop the top and listen to that beast of a motor we all have the pleasure of driving is well worth the added weight and the tad bit slower car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
I'm glad for you.


I would say immaturity more than conceit. Besides, the perfromance difference I was refering to was more about the extreme drop and huge 20's.
Extreme Drop ? hahah, shows how much you know. You realize Im running on H&R Sport Springs, what probably 90% of M3 owners who are lowered on springs have the exact same setup? Whats different about mine? The fact that my name is "SLAMMEDM3"

Ohh, and another thing..do you know how much my 360s weighed in at? Because if you did, it might change your opinion on it. FWIW, I sold them anyways and I am getting another set of biggg heavvvvyyy 20ssssssssss
__________________
SlammedR8 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2010, 01:55 PM   #52
Stunnerable
Captain
 
Stunnerable's Avatar
 
Drives: Nissan Rogue, 09 Jet Black M3
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Horsham, PA

Posts: 606
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
Nope, not really!
but its so pathetic to see soooo many M3 owners (E90/E92) ripping on the E93 when it isn't all that much different, IT IS different, but not all that much worth ripping one apart. And considering you get the best of both worlds, its actually a great DD. I realize that the E90/E92 may be a tad quicker, but I think that having the ability to drop the top and listen to that beast of a motor we all have the pleasure of driving is well worth the added weight and the tad bit slower car.



Extreme Drop ? hahah, shows how much you know. You realize Im running on H&R Sport Springs, what probably 90% of M3 owners who are lowered on springs have the exact same setup? Whats different about mine? The fact that my name is "SLAMMEDM3"

Ohh, and another thing..do you know how much my 360s weighed in at? Because if you did, it might change your opinion on it. FWIW, I sold them anyways and I am getting another set of biggg heavvvvyyy 20ssssssssss
Dude... ehh
__________________
Straight roads are for fast cars. Curvy roads are for fast drivers.

Stunnerable is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2010, 02:34 PM   #53
MEMMEZZ
Captain
 
Drives: MR.E92
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 600
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
haha, dude, there is nothing that a badge whore can say about my car that would ever bother me. There really isn't anything anyone can say that would bother me, coz I know I have one of the sickest M3s out there (short of a supercharged one). NOW if you drove up in a CONVERTIBLE, SLAMMED with big 20s DEEP DISH and your friends laughed at that, but didnt laugh that you put a DINAN badge on your car, much less a big V8 sticker on the fenders, then I think you need to find new friends who are a) either more honest with you or b) have better taste then you to help you with your choices. As for the hat backwards, have you ever seen me? I haven't worn a baseball cap since I was 10 years old. Negative performance, do you know how minimal the difference is between your sedan and my convertible? Nothing you or I would ever notice, and I am willing to give up the .3 of a second to 60mph in the name of enjoying a top down drive in my convertible, not to mention the looks I get on a daily basis in my car, I just got back to my office from being out for a couple hours and I had 3 DIFFERENT people compliment my car, you can't even compare the looks one will get in a convertible M3 vs a sedan or a coupe for that matter.
No disrespect, but have you seen some of the M3s on here? Thats not even including the ones that don't post on forums. I don't think you can call your M3 one of the sickest out there. If you feel good getting compliments from people thats fine, but let the guy enjoy his car and do what he wants to it. No need to bag on him. I'm also pretty sure convertibles do not get better looks. There's a reason why the majority of sales are coupes.
MEMMEZZ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2010, 03:10 PM   #54
Bob MG
Moderating
 
Bob MG's Avatar
 
Drives: like a muppet
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Vienna

Posts: 1,766
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
/

Third post ripping into the V8 badging? Really? This all started with my friends joking around and calling me a badge whore because I put ONE badge on my trunk lid(Dinan). So I thought it would be funny to put a couple more badges on, it was a Hit! Now if I drove up in a CONVERTIBLE, SLAMMED, on 20's DEEP DISH wheels, wearing my hat backwards, I think my friends couldn't pick themselves up because they would be laughing so hard. I mean really, how many check marks in the negative performance column are you trying to get? But I am sure it's some kind of inside joke between you and your friends.
.
I now see you have great dry humour!! Lol
next time put the V8 sticker in a nice dayglow yellow, you won't have anyone doubting your motives
Bob MG is offline   Greenland
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2010, 04:02 PM   #55
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
 
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
 
Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

Posts: 4,736
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob MG View Post
I now see you have great dry humour!! Lol
next time put the V8 sticker in a nice dayglow yellow, you won't have anyone doubting your motives
Ahhhh, but you see, that would'nt be all that believable. If you look at the way I went about modding my car, it was with the goal of keeping it looking pretty much clean and stock. I like the Dinan badge, I have the parts that go with it and it's alot more subtle than most things people do to their cars. For the same reason if I had a ROUSH Mustang I would rock that as well. Why people get so worked up? Don't know. The V8 badge was fun while it lasted....and the Dinan badge will go away when I get tired of it. But again, people get so worked and quite frankly rude.

-Dinan Springs (very moddest drop but an improvement over stock)
-Dinan CF Intake (looks 1000x better than the stock tubing and adds a few horses)
-Dinan Exhaust (totally understated black ceramic tips, not a 'race' system that annouces to your neighbors that your home) but still an improvement over stock.
-Dinan Software flash (improved performance, but no one would even know by looking at the car)
-RPI scoops (well, I don't know if they do anything. I bought them when those early Dyno reports were coming out).

Hell, look at my personalized plate. S65B40M Not M THIS, AMGSUKIT, MALACE, MENACE, MAZING etc. Most people don't think twice about it being a random plate, but brings me enjoyment and when the occational M enthusuast gives me a thumbs up and says 'I like the plate!', well that's good enough for me.

NONE of these mods are going to scream LOOK AT ME! But that was my goal.
__________________
Mr.Metak2you is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-18-2010, 04:16 PM   #56
Finnegan
Major General
 
Finnegan's Avatar
 
Drives: Sapphire Black/Black Z4Mc
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: At the track..or wishing I were at the track

Posts: 6,256
iTrader: (17)

Btw--I really do like that plate! A BMW enthusiast will get it; others won't. I like that. And it's totally consistent with your other mods (well, aside from the temporary "V8" thing--but that's a great inside joke). And even the "V8" isn't that "in your face loud" anyway.
Finnegan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2010, 05:34 AM   #57
bavarian19
General
 
bavarian19's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 18,809
iTrader: (23)

That V8 badge needs to go. I think it looks tacky on a mustang.
bavarian19 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-19-2010, 01:56 PM   #58
sehrgut
Major
 
sehrgut's Avatar
 
Drives: emthree
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: socal

Posts: 1,033
iTrader: (1)

Clean car bro. I like the V8 badge, something different i think. What else do you have in store for this piece of art automobile?
sehrgut is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2010, 10:25 AM   #59
///M3Landshark
///Madman
 
///M3Landshark's Avatar
 
Drives: His Wife Crazy...
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Colorado Springs

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
Cool, thanks for the advice. I do think the original pic looks better than your edited one tho. I am actually taking a series of classes that I think will be helpful!
The classes will definitely help. The edited pic is obviously very noisy since I had to boost the brightness to get close to a proper exposure. Boosting the levels also exacerbates the compression problem. The point is that the pics are underexposed since the camera's meter is trying to expose for the sky when you actually want it to expose the car properly. The other problem is that the car is white, which means you really can't trust the camera's meter at all. The camera's meter is trying to make everything in the picture an average exposure that approaches 18% grey, which is why the car comes out looking grey and underexposed. This is why you'll want to use exposure compensation or shoot in manual mode when shooting your car. No doubt they will cover all of this in your class. If you want to read more about it, I would recommend the book "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson - great foundational explanations and a must read for any photographer. Sorry for the long explanation, but I had a lot of people help me when I started out, so I thought I'd try to do the same.
///M3Landshark is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2010, 03:55 PM   #60
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
 
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
 
Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

Posts: 4,736
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M3Landshark View Post
The classes will definitely help....... No doubt they will cover all of this in your class. If you want to read more about it, I would recommend the book "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson - great foundational explanations and a must read for any photographer. Sorry for the long explanation, but I had a lot of people help me when I started out, so I thought I'd try to do the same.
Trust me, I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark335i View Post
please tell me you don't actually have that global warming sticker on your trunk!?
No, but I think I see a Hybrid badge coming in the near future!
__________________
Mr.Metak2you is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2010, 04:09 PM   #61
bobbyd1961
Banned
 
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: new jersey

Posts: 2,411
iTrader: (0)

v8? i never heard of that. why have it we all know what a m3 sedan has under the hood
bobbyd1961 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2010, 04:10 PM   #62
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
 
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
 
Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwr'

Posts: 4,736
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyd1961 View Post
v8? i never heard of that. why have it we all know what a m3 sedan has under the hood
Translation plz
__________________
Mr.Metak2you is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #63
haze gray
Second Lieutenant
 
haze gray's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe / 2011 X5
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northern Virginia

Posts: 264
iTrader: (0)

Minimize the extra badges, IMHO. Nice picture though.
haze gray is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2010, 04:28 PM   #64
pittsy
Captain
 
pittsy's Avatar
 
Drives: Jerez...E92 M3
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dallas, TX

Posts: 860
iTrader: (0)

Doesn't fit well on this car. Its ok on like a 760 where the V12 looked 'cool'. Mercedes makes it work.
__________________
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black | Bamboo | 6MT | 18s | 5% tint | No iDrive | Heated Seats | V1 hardwire | ///M Alu Pedals | Matte Black Grills | Painted Reflectors | CF Roundels | GP Thunder 8500k | Remus Race Exhaust | VMR V701 18s Matte Black
pittsy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2010, 05:19 PM   #65
///M3Landshark
///Madman
 
///M3Landshark's Avatar
 
Drives: His Wife Crazy...
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Colorado Springs

Posts: 50
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
Translation plz
///M3Landshark is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-20-2010, 05:41 PM   #66
ChitownM3
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2001 SS Camaro
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burbs of Chicago

Posts: 489
iTrader: (0)

So you get rid of the chrome grilles and add a chrome v8 an dinan badge to the car? WTF?
ChitownM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST