BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

11-19-2013, 07:50 AM   #1
Sales@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Slow

Cables and DCT Information

To all recent Evolve customers who purchased tuning and the DCT update,

As many of you may have seen there has been two distinct problems with the delivery of our service:

1) A few cables failed to work and communicate with the DME's

The cable system we use is the same as many other tuners on the market.
A problem occurred on the latest batch where the solder joints were damaged due to the low temperatures in the cargo bays.
The cable maker has told us this and the problem is something they knew about when we approached them.
This problem has been rectified by Evolve sending out new tested cables directly from the UK or tested stock in the US.

2) DCT update licenses not working

When we send out cables the license for DCT flashing was not pre installed because it is not required by the majority of people who buy evolve-R cables.
License keys string codes failed to work.
Those with problems have been asked to give us access to their PC's and we have fixed this in most cases.
Where this becomes difficult we simply send out a new cable which has the license pre installed.
From now on, when an E9x M3 customers a cable the license will be pre installed to avoid this step for the end user.

These two problems have no doubt caused stress for the customers and we would like to publicly apologise to everyone.
We only have 2-3 cases left to fix on the DCT side and we will most likely send new cables instead of accessing PC's.

We are aware of the problems and are doing what ever is necessary to fix them.

On a positive note, the actual DME and DCT tuning itself once applied is something that every customer has given us very very positive feedback for.

Thanks for reading

Evolve
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #2
LightWerkz
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Thank you for shipping me a replacement cable right away. It wasn't a big deal on my end. DCT tune uploaded right away once I realized I had to use the iFlash program and not the standard evolver program. I will be leaving you guys a very positive review soon
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #3
E92M3GT
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Got your X pipe and cable today, nice !

Sure not any problem with my cable ?

Last edited by E92M3GT; 11-19-2013 at 11:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
warp10
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Jet Black:ZCP, ZCV, ZP

Garage List
2011 M3  [10.00]
2011 28i X3  [0.00]
Great customer service. Upfront and problem solving. Good job guys.
      11-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #5
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

Awesome customer service! This is the type of things I like to see as a customer looking for performance products at the moment, a company who stands by there products and solves any issues, not just kick them under the rug and try to hide any issues!
Great work!
      11-20-2013, 10:20 PM   #6
mholst
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

also got my test pipes and cable today and i'm already downloading my ECU file. fingers crossed for a quick turnaround. Sal and Imran, you'll have my file in your inbox before you have your first cup
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 05:24 AM   #7
Paul@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92M3GT View Post
Got your X pipe and cable today, nice !

Sure not any problem with my cable ?
If you read the file then no, the broken cables simply won't communicate.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #8
e46m3to135i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 MR E92 M3

Recieved my replacement cable on the 19th after close to a month of emails. Still waiting on Evolve to reply to my last email. Original order was placed on 14OCT.

Transaction started out good but im honestly not impressed. I think buying from a vendor like Terry at BMS for the last 3 years will somewhat spoil a customer, but in the end, thats how customer service is suppose to be anyways.

Some of you may think this post would be better suited to be sent through PM or email. I would normally agree with you. However, a month of emails/PM's without replying for close to a week at times is plain ridiculous.

I'm sick and tired of sending emails/PM's and not getting a reply back in a timely manner.

-Nick

Evolve Stage 1 Tune / GTS DCT Flash / Servo Tune / OEM Exhaust Mod / BMC Drop In / H&R Sports Springs / BMS 15/12mm Spacers / CF Grilles / CF Gills / CF Hood Vents / Painted Reflectors / Extended Paddles / BMS ARC AE's / Cyba Scoops / 20% Tint

Last edited by e46m3to135i; 11-21-2013 at 07:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2013, 03:24 AM   #9
Paul@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: BMWs

I'm very sorry to hear you've had these issues.

Over the last 2 months we have had a complete change in the service, support and sales areas of the company, taking it from outsourced back to in-house.

We take our customer service quality very seriously as can be seen from the years of positive reviews and happy customers. Personally I also dealt with Terry and his service was indeed fantastic and what we aspire to be like. Over the last several months that has not been what we have hoped for, and so swift action was required to fix it.

We believe the measures taken will return those back to the high quality levels our customers expect.

I have dropped you a PM but to confirm, if you could send me your name/email I will immediately look into your outstanding questions to have them resolved asap,

Thanks
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3to135i View Post
Recieved my replacement cable on the 19th after close to a month of emails. Still waiting on Evolve to reply to my last email. Original order was placed on 14OCT.

Transaction started out good but im honestly not impressed. I think buying from a vendor like Terry at BMS for the last 3 years will somewhat spoil a customer, but in the end, thats how customer service is suppose to be anyways.

Some of you may think this post would be better suited to be sent through PM or email. I would normally agree with you. However, a month of emails/PM's without replying for close to a week at times is plain ridiculous.

I'm sick and tired of sending emails/PM's and not getting a reply back in a timely manner.

-Nick
Appreciate 0