BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-13-2008, 06:28 PM   #1
Samifumi
Private First Class
Syria
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

The BMW Ultimate Drive - Dont Miss It...

...especially if you still have yet to test drive the M3. The Ultimate Drive rolled into my town on this past Friday (April 11th) and much to my surprise the M3 was there. I was surprised because it is not listed as one of the cars you can register and reserve like the Alpina B7. You have to be 30 years or older to test drive (I made it in at 31).

I managed to drive just about everything there that was interesting (Alpina B7, 760i, 650i, 335i, 135i, M3). The cars that I was in the actual market to purchase I drove multiple times. I had driven the M3 when it first hit US shores last month, but this was the first time I drove one that was broken in. The real kicker for me was later in the day, when they asked for volunteers to drive the cars to Austin on Saturday (250 miles from where I'm at). Needless to say, I jumped at the opportunity.

At first, you start off in a convoy of 20-25 Ultimate Drive BMWs, which was very annoying. By the time we got to Houston, the traffic pretty much killed any chance we'd travel in a convoy, and that was when we were on our own (my younger brother was in the 335i). Somehow, even though we stopped 4 times along the way, we managed to get there before anyone else (we were flying). So by the time we got to Austin, we knew we were at least 30 minutes ahead of the pack, we missed the exit to the dealership and took a detour down 2222 in Austin, which is probably the best route in the entire city (through the hill country roads).

I could bore all of you with a review, but most of you here know the car or want the car. I know after the long term drive this is my next car (I'm just not sure what options, including transmission and colors). The point of the post though is to encourage you to make it to the Ultimate Drive, and don't be too shy to ask if they need some help driving the cars to the next city. You're doing them a favor, and the miles you drive go towards the money raised for the Breast Cancer research. Seriously, it's the most fun I've had all year.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 06:32 PM   #2
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

28 here, guess i'll pass.
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 06:33 PM   #3
JEllis
Major General
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E92 M3

Nice thanks for the info
      04-13-2008, 08:48 PM   #4
AZ-BMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E93 w/DCT

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132751
Yes, this was covered a week ago, per the link above. Probably the reason the M3 was not listed was because all the online reservation slots were taken

2009 AW M3 E93 - Black Novillo|DCT|ZTP|ZPP|752 Enh Audio|4UT|Heated Seats|6FL|6NF|
For jpg's: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=186382&page=4
Traded: 2007 335i E93
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 10:12 PM   #5
Samifumi
Private First Class
Syria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-BMW View Post
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132751
Yes, this was covered a week ago, per the link above. Probably the reason the M3 was not listed was because all the online reservation slots were taken
The M3 was never listed online for reservations. Also, I know many people are aware of the Ultimate Drive and what it's about. I don't think many people know there are sometimes they'll seek volunteer drivers to drive from one stop to the next.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 12:07 AM   #6
AZ-BMW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E93 w/DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samifumi View Post
The M3 was never listed online for reservations.
Sorry my friend, but for the 3 Phoenix area dealers there were in fact M3s listed in the online registration page. For the dealer I selected, there were 3 listed and I'm signed up for one of them

Maybe the GM at your dealer allocated the M3 to other clients or something, so they didn't get listed

Plus here is the original link on this topic http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132751
Not to say that Thread was or anything

2009 AW M3 E93 - Black Novillo|DCT|ZTP|ZPP|752 Enh Audio|4UT|Heated Seats|6FL|6NF|
For jpg's: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...=186382&page=4
Traded: 2007 335i E93
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2008, 09:29 AM   #7
Samifumi
Private First Class
Syria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-BMW View Post
Sorry my friend, but for the 3 Phoenix area dealers there were in fact M3s listed in the online registration page. For the dealer I selected, there were 3 listed and I'm signed up for one of them

Maybe the GM at your dealer allocated the M3 to other clients or something, so they didn't get listed

Plus here is the original link on this topic http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132751
Not to say that Thread was or anything
Like I said before, the M3 was never listed and subsequently made an appearance. This is something I can verify if you'd like.

Additionally, lets go back to my original post:

"The point of the post though is to encourage you to make it to the Ultimate Drive, and don't be too shy to ask if they need some help driving the cars to the next city."

Now, if you want to analyze the link you've repeatedly posted, no where does it talk about driving the car to the next stop. That's 250 miles vs the 12 mile route you'd be able to drive during the routine Ultimate Drive stop. Now if that doesn't constitute new information worth posting, it's pretty easy to just move along. But I hoped by making the post someone will find value in the opportunity to test drive for a longer duration.
Appreciate 0