BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion
 
BPM
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-21-2017, 11:40 AM   #133
CTinline-six
Winning
CTinline-six's Avatar
United_States
413
Rep
505
Posts

Drives: 2000 Jeep XJ, 2006 BMW 325xi
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Connecticut

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post


This is where is now gets good. They call my daughter to the Dean of Students with a letter that makes it look like she entered into an altercation similar to a barroom brawl. WRONG.
Good for you for standing up and telling them what should happen.

Universities are a business, plain and simple. They wanted you to go along with the barroom brawl idea because it makes them look better. They want the image that "drunk kids get too intoxicated and start fights, it happens occasionally" not "you might get attacked in your room by other crazy students" because the second one would give the university a negative image.

I remember getting into it with a professor one day because we were discussing a recent sexual assault event that happened on campus as a class. He felt that females attending college frat parties should have reasonable expectations that they could be raped if they aren't careful, and that it was basically 100% their fault for not watching their drinks and dressing in skimpy clothing.
__________________
Josh
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 11:56 AM   #134
MKSixer
Brigadier General
4831
Rep
3,041
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Good for you for standing up and telling them what should happen.

Universities are a business, plain and simple. They wanted you to go along with the barroom brawl idea because it makes them look better. They want the image that "drunk kids get too intoxicated and start fights, it happens occasionally" not "you might get attacked in your room by other crazy students" because the second one would give the university a negative image.

I remember getting into it with a professor one day because we were discussing a recent sexual assault event that happened on campus as a class. He felt that females attending college frat parties should have reasonable expectations that they could be raped if they aren't careful, and that it was basically 100% their fault for not watching their drinks and dressing in skimpy clothing.
Thanks!
They run this play all the time and the professor is part of the problem and suffers from a large order of hypocrisy, as well.

Cheers-mk
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 01:27 PM   #135
BlackJetE90
Brigadier General
621
Rep
4,156
Posts

Drives: E90 no longer
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: is everything

iTrader: (0)

Sen Al Groper caught in another photo.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/23817/...ign=benshapiro
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2017, 02:17 PM   #136
gonzo
Major General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
2560
Rep
9,617
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Rep. John Conyers Jr. D-Mich.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/36...of-rep-conyers
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 05:28 PM   #137
jgoens
Brigadier General
jgoens's Avatar
2313
Rep
4,584
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Seems to me that there are two ways to do things here. Either end the hypocrisy and those that are deemed to have partook in sexual assault should step down and this would include Moore, Franken, Conyers and Trump. Basically all of them should step down.

Or, none of them step down and we as country agree that sexual harassment and even pedophilia is ok....drop the partisanship and decide what is right and what is wrong. Tough choices...but I know if it was up to me, it would finally be the cleanup that is needed.
__________________
2013 335i Msport Black sapphire/Coral red. JB4. VRSF DP, ER CP Various codings.
Last car: 2011 335i Msport. JB4. Vrsf CP
Appreciate 1
minn192911

      11-21-2017, 05:50 PM   #138
RickFLM4
Colonel
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
1553
Rep
2,253
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Seems to me that there are two ways to do things here. Either end the hypocrisy and those that are deemed to have partook in sexual assault should step down and this would include Moore, Franken, Conyers and Trump. Basically all of them should step down.

Or, none of them step down and we as country agree that sexual harassment and even pedophilia is ok....drop the partisanship and decide what is right and what is wrong. Tough choices...but I know if it was up to me, it would finally be the cleanup that is needed.
"Deemed" by whom?
__________________
2015 Sakhir Orange M4 Coupe, DCT, CCB, Adaptive Suspension, 19" black wheels, Exec/DA+/LED Lighting pkg, SO / Black full leather, CF trim, CF roof, HK Sound, SunTek PPF, Spectra Photsync 35%
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 06:00 PM   #139
jgoens
Brigadier General
jgoens's Avatar
2313
Rep
4,584
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
"Deemed" by whom?
I don't know, whoever does the deeming. Or it is one word vs the other so we don't have a decision so they are all innocent, right? Franken has admitted guilt but is that enough of a "crime" to have to step down?

Last edited by jgoens; 11-21-2017 at 06:37 PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 06:23 PM   #140
MKSixer
Brigadier General
4831
Rep
3,041
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
OOPS!! Now it's while in office.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/20/politi...010/index.html

Let's see if the Clinton Playbook on Harassment is applied to Mr. Franken as the defense mounts.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/16/politi...ons/index.html
Cue Clinton Playbook:

Letter of support by colleagues.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/former-s...s=breakingnews
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2017, 08:29 PM   #141
Thxrick
The Cool Guy/ You're drinking' Buddy
United_States
71
Rep
75
Posts

Drives: 2009 335 e90, 2007 C2S
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: In the land of the Free

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Cue Clinton Playbook:

Letter of support by colleagues.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/former-s...s=breakingnews

Oh the hypocrisy! These bitches be crazy!
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 08:34 PM   #142
ScottSinger
Colonel
694
Rep
2,916
Posts

Drives: M235i 6spd
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Mid-Atlantic

iTrader: (0)

Gilbert Gottfried

Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 09:15 PM   #143
yousefnjr
Lieutenant Colonel
735
Rep
1,585
Posts

Drives: 2006 Z4MR
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (2)

Shocker — alleged child molester defends alleged child molester
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/roy-moo...duct-reaction/
Appreciate 1
minn192911

      11-21-2017, 09:53 PM   #144
SumBMWGuy
Captain
403
Rep
654
Posts

Drives: A German Car
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousefnjr View Post
Shocker — alleged child molester defends alleged child molester
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/roy-moo...duct-reaction/
Party is bigger than country to republicans. They care about their agenda more than they do about basic decency. This Roy Moore business is a perfect example.
Appreciate 1
jgoens2313

      11-21-2017, 09:57 PM   #145
are0lies
Lieutenant
United_States
1384
Rep
572
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 E93
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Riverside

iTrader: (0)

I don't know if he is serious.

Trump: It's a 'special time' for women 'because a lot of things are coming out'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...D=ansmsnnews11
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 10:15 PM   #146
MKSixer
Brigadier General
4831
Rep
3,041
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
Party is bigger than country to democrats. They care about their agenda more than they do about basic decency. This 2016 Presidential Election business was a perfect example.
FTFY!! Part 1
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 10:16 PM   #147
MKSixer
Brigadier General
4831
Rep
3,041
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
Party is bigger than country to Democrats. They care about their agenda more than they do about basic decency. This Al Franken business is a perfect example.
FTFY Part 2
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 10:35 PM   #148
jgoens
Brigadier General
jgoens's Avatar
2313
Rep
4,584
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumBMWGuy View Post
Party is bigger than country to republicans. They care about their agenda more than they do about basic decency. This Roy Moore business is a perfect example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by are0lies View Post
I don't know if he is serious.

Trump: It's a 'special time' for women 'because a lot of things are coming out'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...D=ansmsnnews11
To me this is a big problem.
__________________
2013 335i Msport Black sapphire/Coral red. JB4. VRSF DP, ER CP Various codings.
Last car: 2011 335i Msport. JB4. Vrsf CP
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 10:46 PM   #149
jgoens
Brigadier General
jgoens's Avatar
2313
Rep
4,584
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Oh..you know what the fuck..I've had some drinks now so I am saying I have been sexually harassed by MKSixer gonzo UncleWede SumBMWGuy are0lies Lups and a bunch of ohers. My attorney..has been notified punks.
__________________
2013 335i Msport Black sapphire/Coral red. JB4. VRSF DP, ER CP Various codings.
Last car: 2011 335i Msport. JB4. Vrsf CP
Appreciate 1
      11-21-2017, 10:47 PM   #150
are0lies
Lieutenant
United_States
1384
Rep
572
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 E93
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Riverside

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
FTFY Part 2
According to Conway, Republicans need Moore's vote, and with Republican Senators dissenting on the tax bill, it is important for Moore to get elected. Granted both side have their respective agendas, but this tax bill is important for trump, because he hasn't signed off on any major legislation bill yet.

CBS NEWS November 20, 2017, 4:50 PM
Kellyanne Conway on Roy Moore's candidacy: "We want the votes in the Senate" for tax bill"
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kellyanne-conway-on-roy-moores-candidacy-we-want-the-votes-in-the-senate-for-tax-bill."
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 11:07 PM   #151
MKSixer
Brigadier General
4831
Rep
3,041
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Oh..you know what the fuck..I've had some drinks now so I am saying I have been sexually harassed by MKSixer gonzo UncleWede SumBMWGuy are0lies Lups and a bunch of ohers. My attorney..has been notified punks.
I heard that Skunkwerks got some too. It just a rumor.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2017, 11:22 PM   #152
are0lies
Lieutenant
United_States
1384
Rep
572
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3 E93
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Riverside

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Oh..you know what the fuck..I've had some drinks now so I am saying I have been sexually harassed by MKSixer gonzo UncleWede SumBMWGuy are0lies Lups and a bunch of ohers. My attorney..has been notified punks.
Wait, what? I'm getting sued? Well thank you now I have an excuse to go see my attorney tomorrow. Here's her business card. Once she presents the evidence, it's case over.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
Lups10236

      11-22-2017, 12:30 AM   #153
jgoens
Brigadier General
jgoens's Avatar
2313
Rep
4,584
Posts

Drives: 2013 335i msport
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: San Mateo, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by are0lies View Post
Wait, what? I'm getting sued? Well thank you now I have an excuse to go see my attorney tomorrow. Here's her business card. Once she presents the evidence, it's case over.
I tried to grab those boobs but I missed. Damn.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2017, 01:52 AM   #154
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10236
Rep
19,898
Posts

Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Oh..you know what the fuck..I've had some drinks now so I am saying I have been sexually harassed by MKSixer gonzo UncleWede SumBMWGuy are0lies Lups and a bunch of ohers. My attorney..has been notified punks.
I'm getting sued! That means i get to go drinking with my lawyer!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Commuter View Post
Do you believe in Lups?

Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well, I believe in God -- and the only thing that scares me is Lups.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:59 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST