BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

07-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #1
tmntmn
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3/M-DCT

Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil

Received my Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil and Leatherique Prestine Clean from detailerdomain a couple weeks ago, planning on using it this weekend but not sure how to apply it. Been reading on it and some say it needs be sitting in the sun and some say it needs to be cool/warm area not direct sunlight.

From my understanding i should use at least 4oz per seat and let it sit for at lease 24hrs+ is that correct?
MODS: MODECARBON V2 GTS FRONT LIP & REAR DIFFUSER, AA GREEN FILTER, RPI SCOOPS, PSW, Verstraβe Extended DCT Shifter, ZCP WHEELS (SEMI-GLOSS), OHLINS R&T, Megan Exhaust, AKRA XPIPE, BMW LED INTERIOR, BLACKOUT W/ORION V4 LED AE, OSRAM CBI
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

My understanding is you apply the oil generously and leave the car sit in the sun (above 80 deg F) for 48 hrs with the windows up to build heat inside. This opens the pours in the leather and allows the oils to push out the inpurities sweat, dirt etc). after the sitting period all the leather surfaces get thoroughly wiped off with the cleanser. I'm going to be doing this exact thing the coming weeks.

Search this sub forum because another member gave the step by step with pictures.His interior came out like new.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 04:06 PM   #3
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntmn View Post
Received my Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil and Leatherique Prestine Clean from detailerdomain a couple weeks ago, planning on using it this weekend but not sure how to apply it. Been reading on it and some say it needs be sitting in the sun and some say it needs to be cool/warm area not direct sunlight.

From my understanding i should use at least 4oz per seat and let it sit for at lease 24hrs+ is that correct?
Check out M-Power Belgium's thread:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=768340
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #4
tmntmn
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmkr01 View Post
My understanding is you apply the oil generously and leave the car sit in the sun (above 80 deg F) for 48 hrs with the windows up to build heat inside. This opens the pours in the leather and allows the oils to push out the inpurities sweat, dirt etc). after the sitting period all the leather surfaces get thoroughly wiped off with the cleanser. I'm going to be doing this exact thing the coming weeks.

Search this sub forum because another member gave the step by step with pictures.His interior came out like new.
Thanks i just went through his thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullrouted View Post
Check out M-Power Belgium's thread:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=768340
Yeah I PM M-Power Belgium he was very helpful, trying to see if the weather is warm enough to do it this weekend. showing me 79 on Saturday and 75 degree on Sunda so i might have to wait until next weekend.
MODS: MODECARBON V2 GTS FRONT LIP & REAR DIFFUSER, AA GREEN FILTER, RPI SCOOPS, PSW, Verstraβe Extended DCT Shifter, ZCP WHEELS (SEMI-GLOSS), OHLINS R&T, Megan Exhaust, AKRA XPIPE, BMW LED INTERIOR, BLACKOUT W/ORION V4 LED AE, OSRAM CBI
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

I did mine for about 36 hours in mid 70 degree weather. It was a lot warmer in the car parked in the sun, so the ambient air temperature may be fine. I was very hapy with my results.
Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 02:55 PM   #6
bimdo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 m3

i left mine on for two days in the garage,it was about 90 or so but i didn't pull it out in the sun,and i the seats looked fantastic when i took it off with the prestine clean.i think 1 day is only enough if you get it super heated up.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #7
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Thanks i just went through his thread!

Yeah I PM M-Power Belgium he was very helpful, trying to see if the weather is warm enough to do it this weekend. showing me 79 on Saturday and 75 degree on Sunda so i might have to wait until next weekend.
Guy's this is a...SPOT ON !
I'm very happy to see that everyone has very good results with Leatherique
BTW...tomorrow it's also my turn for the traitment it's more a precaution treatment because my Novillo looks still amazing and it is now for more than six months ago !
BTW....tmntmn... you can go for it, now you know... how to do it
And i'm curious to hear about your result

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #8
tmntmn
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Guy's this is a...SPOT ON !
I'm very happy to see that everyone has very good results with Leatherique
BTW...tomorrow it's also my turn for the traitment it's more a precaution treatment because my Novillo looks still amazing and it is now for more than six months ago !
BTW....tmntmn... you can go for it, now you know... how to do it
And i'm curious to hear about your result
Thanks for all the help going to try it out this weekend, how often do you do this treatment?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #9
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for all the help going to try it out this weekend, how often do you do this treatment?
Last weekend i did mine,and it was one year ago,but six months ago i did it only with Prestine clean,but last weekend i did the full treatment .
BTW...looks now very good again
But when your car is a daily driver i would say...every six months a full treatment

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 05:43 PM   #10
tmntmn
///M
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Last weekend i did mine,and it was one year ago,but six months ago i did it only with Prestine clean,but last weekend i did the full treatment .
BTW...looks now very good again
But when your car is a daily driver i would say...every six months a full treatment
Good thing i picked up the 32oz bottles!

per treatment how much do you use?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 05:51 AM   #11
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Good thing i picked up the 32oz bottles!

per treatment how much do you use?
I have done the treatment 3 X and my bottles are empty now so i need to order now

Appreciate 0