BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

12-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #23
s4one
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 M3

Thinking of two options right now.

1. Top Speed PRO 1 Performance exhaust (ebay)
2. Obtain a stock xpipe/cat, cut the cats off for test pipes and cut the xpipe resonators all of them.

I want to get some sound just for the heck of it, i don't plan to do it for long term. Have a few trackdays coming up as well and would like the car to sound more aggressive. Anyone have any experience with the topspeed pipes? Their 14 day return policy is pretty good if fitment is off.

plan to code the car to remove the o2 sensors so the CEL doesn't come on. i dont need a tune for this right?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #24
spool twice
Rainbow Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4cs

Garage List
2019 M4cs  [0.00]
If u can code the rear O2 sensors with a different OEM tune that doesn't check them, maybe.

But if not, Evolve has a nice stage 2 and test pipe group buy at the moment, give imran@evolve or paul@evolve a shout for details.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #25
tjsabec
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008, e90, alpine white, 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4one View Post
Thinking of two options right now.

1. Top Speed PRO 1 Performance exhaust (ebay)
2. Obtain a stock xpipe/cat, cut the cats off for test pipes and cut the xpipe resonators all of them.

I want to get some sound just for the heck of it, i don't plan to do it for long term. Have a few trackdays coming up as well and would like the car to sound more aggressive. Anyone have any experience with the topspeed pipes? Their 14 day return policy is pretty good if fitment is off.

plan to code the car to remove the o2 sensors so the CEL doesn't come on. i dont need a tune for this right?

Thanks
The Akrapovic Delete R module will eliminate the CEL. $400 new, usually $225 used. Someone could definitely code it out for you, I am just not sure what they'd charge you. Deleting the primary cats causes a significant change in back pressure. I thought it was worth it to buy a tune. I got a combo test pipe / tune with a discount from BPM and am very happy so far (although I am not really driving the car currently due to weather conditions.)
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #26
BPM
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW M3 / M5 / Turbo 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by spool twice
If u can code the rear O2 sensors with a different OEM tune that doesn't check them, maybe.

But if not, Evolve has a nice stage 2 and test pipe group buy at the moment, give imran@evolve or paul@evolve a shout for details.
There is no oem software that does this (although for other M models there is). We can however, modify the oem software and just make that one change. For locals it's easy b/c no tuning cable is required. Another option is to mail the dme with same day turn around time.
Appreciate 0