BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

06-07-2018, 07:24 PM   #1
E90M3velocity
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Manual-Slicktop E90 M3

Bay Area Wheel Repair

Hey guys, had a series of bad events this week and one of them was that one of my TE37 SL's got curbed. I have talked to Wheel Techniques and they can fix the rash, but not able to replicate the finish Volk used on the lips. So any recommended shops that can do it? Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 08:18 PM   #2
atranho
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 12' ZCP AW M3 - GONE

No one can replicate the finish on volks colors. They keep paint codes to themselves! People can get close but there is no exact match.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 09:09 PM   #3
kyippee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Supra MK5, F44 235GC

Rolling Stock helped me fix some curb rash. Price was very reasonable too. Give 'em a call. They just did it on 3 of my TE37 SL black edition, curb rash was on the machined lip. Couldn't even find where the repair was after it was done.

They checked for bends while we were at it, nice to get confirmation that wheels are true.
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2018, 02:09 AM   #4
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Try Rite Way in Walnut Creek.
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 1
      06-08-2018, 02:40 AM   #5
Rogue-OP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: to Drum & Bass

Do not use Wheel Technicques. I had a super bad experience with them.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2018, 10:02 AM   #6
E90M3velocity
Captain
Philippines
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpewpew View Post
Rolling Stock helped me fix some curb rash. Price was very reasonable too. Give 'em a call. They just did it on 3 of my TE37 SL black edition, curb rash was on the machined lip. Couldn't even find where the repair was after it was done.

They checked for bends while we were at it, nice to get confirmation that wheels are true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
Try Rite Way in Walnut Creek.
Cool, I'll check them out. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 06:48 PM   #7
E90M3velocity
Captain
Philippines
Rep

FYI for anybody looking for a good wheel repair place go to Rolling Stock in SF. Got my TE37 SL's in Pressed Graphite repaired some curb rash and they matched the smoked clear coat really well. Dropped the wheel off at 10am and then picked it up at 1pm. The wheel repair guy was free when I got there so I can't say for others will be done as quickly.
Appreciate 1
kyippee1073.00
      02-20-2019, 02:21 PM   #8
TTony
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Macan Turbo, IS350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue-OP View Post
Do not use Wheel Technicques. I had a super bad experience with them.
What happened?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2019, 01:14 AM   #9
Rogue-OP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: to Drum & Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTony View Post
What happened?
To preface I have OEM forged 437m gray rims. I hit a pothole on the freeway (wtf cali?) and bent one front wheel. The tire also had a bulge on the sidewall so I provided a new tire with the repair.

First they misquoted me, and when I came back for the actual repair it was higher. They blamed it on the employee being his last day (mind you this wasn't a new employee and I had a printed quote). When the repair was finally done (5 days later), the gray color was slightly off. I'm anal about that stuff but said fuck it as it was "close enough." Next week I get a low tire warning from that wheel. Refill. Next week the same. Refill. Third time I knew something was off. I return to them to have it checked and it turns out that not only did they not properly repair the wheel as there was an air leak (wtf do they even check their own work?), but they hadn't put on my new tire! The bulge was on the inside so I couldn't see it. So for three weeks I had been driving around with a dangerous tire at freeway speeds.

When I returned to get the repaired one I nearly lost my shit. The wheel was more black then it was gray. I'm not even exaggerating. These guys didn't even wipe the breakdust off of the wheel to try to rematch the true color so I had to ask to pick it myself from their paint sample tiles. I had to return yet again to let them respray it. Not a single apology or discount at anytime for a misquote, dangerous tire, shit color match, and having me return three times to get it "right." This happened about 10 months ago now, but it makes me livid just reliving it for this post LOL!
Appreciate 1
TTony271.00
      02-24-2019, 02:00 AM   #10
TTony
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Macan Turbo, IS350

I ended up going to Wheel Repair Performance in North SJ based on Yelp. The shop does not look like much but there were some Bentley's and Maserati's inside. They did a great job on my wheel, a perfect color match and it was ready within a day. I'll be taking another set of wheels there soon.
Appreciate 0